A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,635
Currently Running With Scissors:
201 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Use The Good Beads, Fabric, Yarn, etc. ROUND 2 GALLERY  (Read 1858 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
anna.wahnsinn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2019 12:25:22 AM »

Don't worry about the capacity, the pouches hold plenty! And as the velcro is really good I'm not worried about filling the pockets. I'll be selling stuff (just our clothes for a start) at a fleamarket in a few weeks, and I am so happy I have this now! I have been using little purses so far, and they get quite heavy as the smallest note here is 5 there are always lots of coins. And just imagine how awesome I'll be wearing it!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019 12:26:16 AM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2019 03:35:14 PM »

I don't have a lot of photos, but I have a few, and patterns. I'll try to put together a post on it.

I'm looking forward to hearing how it works at the flea market. That's exactly what I imagined it being good for. Smiley

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2019 06:21:02 PM »

After weeks of eager waiting, my package from anna.wahnsinn has arrived! Anne had told me that she liked what she'd made so much that she almost hoped I wouldn't want it so she could have it back. But you'll see why that's not gonna happen!

Look at this beautifully crafted box, covered with gorgeous shot silk brocade. The padded top gives a hint to what's inside: it's a pincushion.

Lift off the lid, and the four sides drop down to reveal places for storing scissors, seam rippers and other sewing tools, and a centre set of panels that hold needles and pins. She even made some lovely bead-topped pins to start me off.

Thank you so much for this! I've never had anything like it, and I can hardly wait to load it up with sewing treasures. I'm sorry I like it too much to return it to you.  Wink

Wulf

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2019 06:47:57 PM »

Holy cats! Well that was totally worth waiting for. WOW! I have seen exploding boxes like that & thought OMG no way could I make such a thing. Anna, I hope you will share process images Smiley.

Amazing finale to this fabulous gallery & the second round of an awesome swap. Thank you all so much for participating.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2019 10:07:52 PM »

It finally got there, I'm so glad! And even gladder you like it, Wulf. It was so much fun to finally make one human sized one, I had only made two doll house sized ones before. Years and years before. But I love this concept so much.

Did you know, the book I took most of the instructions from calls it a Victorian sewing casket, in a way I thought this was going with the steampunky vibe I got from Wulf's Pinterest.

I had originally planned to make some type of belt pouch from leather, but those did not turn out at all. My two best tips: Don't wait to burn the pattern on until you've put the thing together, and don't use treated leather. Not coated or coloured leather anyway. Unhealthy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2019 03:27:03 PM »

You're so right about not trying to burn a design into coated leather! Tongue That's for natural, vegetable-tanned hide only!

And I love that your pattern called it a Victorian Sewing Casket, because my first thought was that it looked exactly like something from a 19th c. ladies' craft book.

Wait a minute - did you say you've made two of these in dollhouse scale? Shocked Wow!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2019 07:40:55 AM »

Yes, I bought the book in 2001 when I was in London with my mom, and she wanted one for her dollhouse. It was much more fiddly to glue all of those tiny parts together. And make the stuff to go inside. This one:

Don't ask me what the nice sales clerk is doing on the floor though. Next tame I take the cover off that room I'll help her get back up. And maybe take a decent picture for once.

The second tiny one was for Averia for our first IYP in 2014. That was a bit simpler as I only made the one outer box. I made everything to go inside again, but this time it was basically just needles, pins and the spool of thread.

For those two I used the pattern from the book it was stated these boxes would usually be four sided, but the author wanted something special. I find I prefer the four sides.

I just assumed you'd have all the tools you like to work with (just like me, that's the good thing about being around for a while), so I just added those decorative pins to your big one.

(And I see the fabric fraying around the corners, argh!)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019 07:41:54 AM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2019 04:39:19 PM »

Woah, those are amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Bow Sleeve T-Shirt
Fun and Games
Meal Prep Monday: Sausage and Veggie Foil Pouch

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...