A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,886
Currently Running With Scissors:
191 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pet Cremains  (Read 1623 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
JS

** Life: an amazing adventure. Pack well. **

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2019 06:45:27 AM »

Omyxnox and BBM, those are wonderful ideas.  Although tattoos aren't my thing, I've admired the skills and artistry of tattooists.  I like the idea of a pinch of ashes being incorporated into jewelry.  Perhaps when things settle a bit around here.

And for the next chapter:  A week after Zena's passing, DH needed his doggie fix.  Too soon emotionally for adopting another doggie, we visited a shelter just to look and to give some playtime loving to some of the critters.  The only dog not jumping in its kennel and barking up a storm was a red purebreed Siberian Husky.   The giant tribble came home with us.  Unfortunately DH hadn't researched about Huskies and their energy.  A few weeks later, DH decided that "Tabasco" needed a playmate, and returned to the shelter just to look for a potential playbuddy.  You know where this is leading.  We learned from the staff that Tabasco was part of a bonded pair, and the other Sibe was adopted the day before we got Tabasco.  That accounts for him being sad in his kennel cage when we met.  A smaller doggie caught DH's attention, interacted well, and came home with us.  "Josie" balances out Tabasco in many ways.

Here they are, Tabasco and Josie - aka Tribble and Trouble -- Kremlin and Gremlin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.
BigBangMomma

@Lynx2Lancer on Instagram

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2019 07:43:18 AM »

Tattoos aren't my thing either, but a great sentiment for those it is for.

Those doggies are so adorable!!!!!!  I wish you both lots of love with those new fur babies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud Marching Band and Soccer Momma

Mini 12 Days of Christmas: Sent!
LV Round 30:Hosting SusieQ!
Sweat Shoppe Ornament Swap: Sent 2 out of 6
Masterboard Swap Rd  2: Organizing and Sent!!
Color in a Box: Crafting!
JS

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2019 08:50:45 AM »

Those doggies are so adorable!!!!!!  I wish you both lots of love with those new fur babies.

Thank you so much!  It's quite an adventure and an ongoing learning experience.  Our vacuum will soon wear out from the clumps of fur that Tabasco sheds (hence the tribbles reference).   Pets are delightful parts of our hearts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2019 10:05:57 AM »

I love when people say they are going to the pet shelter "just to look" or play or volunteer or whatever. LOL, no you are not, you silly thing you.

They are adorable. Congrats on the new additions to your family Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
JS

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2019 07:43:35 PM »

I love when people say they are going to the pet shelter "just to look" or play or volunteer or whatever. LOL, no you are not, you silly thing you.

They are adorable. Congrats on the new additions to your family Smiley.

LOL Thanks so much! 

And now for another page from My Life with Dogs:
    -- Backstory --
In the summer of 2018, my teeth were all pulled by an oral surgeon due to receding gums and repeated infections.
 After waiting the requisite healing time,  I visited the denture doc for moldings, only to be informed that more surgery was required.  Back to the oral surgeon.  With no dental insurance, this meant another major blow to the budget and prolonged delays for molds.  Three months ago I finally got my dentures.  Yay for smiling!  There have been numerous adjustments and yet another surgery is recommended. 
A few nights ago, I set the dentures on the bathroom counter in their plastic bath cup, far back against the backsplash.  The phone rang in another room.  When I returned to the bathroom, that giant tribble was chomping with his front paws on the counter and the cup was tipped over.  Bottom denture has not been seen since.  The dentist said that dogs are attracted to dentures because of their owner's scent, and my bottom denture was munched and swallowed.  Owning pets is a continuous learning experience.   

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2019 07:06:16 AM »

Oh, JS!  I have many dental issues too (I joke with my kids that I'm so old the dentist doesn't fill cavities anymore, he just gives me a crown!  Tongue) and even with insurance, so much money has to be laid out!  I've also learned in life to never trust that kids or animals won't get into your stuff, no matter how carefully you put it somewhere.  I'm sorry that happened to you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
JS

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2019 11:14:45 AM »

LAB, you are absolutely right.  Kids and animals are smarter and more determined than we give them credit.  I hope your dental issues will be quick and painless to fix!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...