A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
205 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: headache of a braid to re-weave  (Read 189 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
nel3
« on: April 16, 2019 07:48:55 PM »

hello everyone i recenlty came back from a trip to Japan and i got this Kumihimo like pattern bracelet. it was partially unraveled but i liked the colors and saw it as a challenge to re-weave it. it didnt cost much anyway but its cost me many hours to try to figure out.

here is a picture of it
http://tinypic.com/r/rli62f/9

ive come to the understanding that the grey and green strings need to be wrapped around central yellow strands and found some ways to do it but cant match the pattern. either i get the grey pattern correct and miss the pattern of the green string; or i get the green and grey wrapped around the yellow but the green/grey dont wrap around the central yellow.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

i leave 4 and 5 as yellow, 123, 678 are either green, 2 grey of the reverse pattern on some occaiosn when flipped over. side twists are 2 grey and 1 green with alternating grey/green going over the yellows. i put 3, 6 above 4 5 and 2 7 under the yellow 4 5. every 3 and 2 spaces on either side i put the green over the entire thing that will be weaved under the grey.

i simply cant match the pattern to weave it back to how it was and neither find the right type of weave/braid to get the correct sequence. can anyone please help me out here. its taken me around +12 hrs of messing around with the sequence and im no closer to getting any progress. i made some sort of progress a day ago by nailing the sequence but then proceeded to forget the exact one and do the wrong one for way too long after that. the bracelet was 1/3 unraveled when i got it, and my attempts have left 1/3 of the original pattern left as i left restarting/unravel/correct my mistakes.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019 07:51:07 PM by nel3 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...