A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,783
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Intoxication Station  (Read 683 times)
Tags for this thread: bar , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
appledainty
« on: April 15, 2019 10:08:45 AM »

EDIT: I posted this in the wrong section; it should be in interior design. ;o; If a mod could move it, I would be grateful. I can't seen to figure out how to do it myself.

I finally finished this little bit of our house; the intoxication station. XD The bar cart's been done for a while, but I finally finished the shelf for the glasses, and now consider the space relatively complete.

The wine glasses I picked up at a rummage sale - $10 for all 8 glasses new in the box. We later saw them new in the fancy high end home goods store for something like $15 - $20 a glass, so I felt like a winner. XD

Our family friend Lauree died a few years ago, and she left me the antique cabinet we used to make the bar cart. So, I put this picture I draw of her and her dog for her celebration of life on the shelf above it. I've got a picture of her and my Mom that I want to get printed and framed as well, so eventually that will go up there. Smiley

And just a few detail pictures from the bar cart:

Iron handles/towel rack

Decorative corners

D&D Tray that I made with our hexagon wine rack.

Overall pretty pleased with how everything turned out. Once our kitchen cabinets are done I'm going to refurbish an old baker's rack and turn it into a caffeination station. Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019 10:11:55 AM by appledainty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019 05:35:12 AM »

Aw, this has all the feels. Such a funny name, a very sweet tribute to your friend, a charming set up, thoughts of future fun good times. Nicely done, friend. Thanks for sharing Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Where is my Cosmo?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019 08:23:25 AM »

I love your Intoxication Station; you included so many fun details.

Currently, we are unable to move posts. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. This one is fine where it is, though. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geekgirl1000100

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019 04:11:04 AM »

Just a lovely tribute / drink station.  I wish I had somewhere to do a setup like this in my house.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019 05:46:19 AM »

Beautiful work!  I love the mix of new and old, and the uniqueness of the piece.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019 07:46:51 AM »

WOW! I really like your creative take on the bar cart! So clever to leave the cabinet intact and add the components to make it work in this role.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 49
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Where is my Cosmo?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019 11:29:43 AM »

Congrats! This has been chosen as a Featured Project! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RituGupta
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019 01:41:54 AM »

That is a really great idea with the glass storage underneath the shelf. I've always knew that you could optimize the space underneath the shelf but just can't seem to bring myself to think of ways to utilize it. The glasses hang perfectly there while being air dried.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To the future...
UdyRegan
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2019 10:32:27 PM »

Isn't it wonderful when you make something that has elements of the different people who have contributed to it? I bet it's a really important piece and addition to your home! Do you have a lot of other such pieces at home where you've incorporated contributions from friends in your builds?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
appledainty
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019 11:29:58 AM »

Isn't it wonderful when you make something that has elements of the different people who have contributed to it? I bet it's a really important piece and addition to your home! Do you have a lot of other such pieces at home where you've incorporated contributions from friends in your builds?

Sort of? We're still fleshing out a lot of spaces in our house. We got possession last July, but only moved in in November last year and I've been doing a lot of painting and renovating since then. We're going to have a healthy mix of gifts we received, things from my previous apartments, and new pieces. My husband lived with his parents until we got married, and we stayed with them a few years until we moved into the townhouse, so a lot of my things have been in storage and we really only started going through them after I finished the majority of the painting/renovating a couple months ago.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Potholders!
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...