A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,772
Currently Running With Scissors:
297 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Abnormal Unicorn - Micro Ami!  (Read 469 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
EriChanHime
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« on: April 06, 2019 01:59:03 AM »

I made this tiny baby this evening, from a pattern I found on Ravelry. I used size 10 cotton thread and an antique crochet hook, doll-sized buttons for eyes, and pastel threads for his mane and tail. His body has rainbow shiny filaments in the thread, and his hooves and horn have actual golden metal filaments in them, too! The only pattern change I made was to add a muzzle. I thought it made him look more equine. I used a magic loop with 6 single crochets, in 2 rows. Hes for a friend who is liquidating her LuLaRoe business (an online clothing brand). Since sought-after patterns for the brand are referred to as unicorns, I thought this was appropriate. Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
You can also find me on Den of Angels for ABJD related stuff!
endymion

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019 06:37:59 AM »

Another cutie! Totally agree with your decision to add the muzzle; wouldnt look nearly so unicorny without it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/magnifisweets
www://craftcrossing.com
Improbable Bird Lady YouTube video link: https://youtu.be/tqHw31kMEsU
Patraw

C'mon, pegasister, quit foaling around!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019 08:13:24 AM »

Splendid little horned horsey!  I agree that the addition of a muzzle was a good choice and you can never go wrong with a multi-colored mane and tail.  Calling a sought-after item a unicorn is certainly appropriate too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019 08:20:01 AM »

Really cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Raging Sloth

Because Papier-Mache solves everything

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019 08:32:20 PM »

OMG look how teeny tiny!???!?!? You're nuts! (lol jk) I don't know how you do it. These little guys you're making are adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you're a hoarder and you know it, clap your hands!
SiFi Mom

I own too many beads!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019 07:04:55 AM »

He's adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiFi Mom, aka Nancy
Crafting is my mental therapy!
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019 05:35:40 AM »

Oh my goodness, how do you even? WOW!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
EriChanHime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019 07:28:57 AM »

Thank you, everyone, for your sweet words! I love these little things. I enjoy making personalized items for friends and family, but I don't necessarily want to give them something large enough that they wonder where to put it, so these baby amis are the perfect solution. They take about twice as long as a regular size amigurumi, simply because at this scale, I drop about twice as many stitches and normal, and the thread splits frequently or gets stuck around the hook.

I use antique metal crochet hooks (found at actual Antique shops, because it's hard to find hooks that small in regular stores anymore), held in one of those weird silicone rubber egg-shaped handle attachments--it has a weird learning curve, but once you get used to it, it truly minimizes the strain you get crocheting that small/tight. I use this one: Boye Ergonomic Aluminum Crochet Handle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019 07:48:02 AM »

I have all my gran's teeny weeny tiny tatting hooks, I'll keep them forever even if I never get around to making anything as small as your miniature creations. Just because, they are precious just as the weird old unbelievable tools that they are Cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
EriChanHime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019 10:15:47 AM »

That's awesome, craftylittlemonkey. What a cool legacy from your grandmother. Neither of mine were crafty, so we share other things. I love the concept of tatting, and I bought a couple antique tatting shuttles (normal size, though), from a small shop in CA once, but I still haven't taken my Craftsy/com tatting course. Someday! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Potholders!
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...