A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
132 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 51
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED - 2019 Make-A-Friend Revival: Miniature Version SO #2- 5/31  (Read 18120 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #360 on: May 08, 2019 09:54:23 AM »

A good thing that happened to me today is I found a muslin blanket at a used children's stuff store. Not very exciting, but Perrin only has one and he loves it.

I love muslin blankets! Im actually expecting a few from Amazon later today! We live in the desert area of California and theyre great for the warm nights. Im not sure how old Perrin is, but the 47x47 works perfectly for my nearly 6 year old!

The thing I dont like about muslin blankets is how expensive so many of them are! 
Theres a seller on Etsy with a super good deal on a 4 layer muslin blanket, which is perfect for those nights when you need more than a single layer, but its not cool enough for a full on warm blanket. The sellers shop name is LaurenAndMichael and they have the blanket available for $7.00 plus a very reasonable shipping rate. I bought one a few years ago and am very pleased with the quality and the softness. Ill probably end up buying another one some time soon!

Thanks! I'll have to check it out  Smiley Perrin is one and a half right now so that size would be perfect with room to grow  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #361 on: May 08, 2019 12:14:54 PM »

I'm all over the board with music/artist likes. I also have XM Radio in my car, that's where I spend the majority of my music-listening time. I listen to a lot of the new-school stuff on Ch2 (popular/top 40s pop/hip-hop mostly). I also like Classic Rewind, Ch25 (mostly 60s/70s/80s rock like Bob Seger, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, etc.), Lithium, Ch34 (90s alternative rock like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, etc.). I also like a lot of EDM like BT, Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk.

My favorite song is Hotel California by The Eagles. Waayyyy outside of what one would think someone my age would listen to, as this group/song was out and popular long before I was even a twinkle in my parents' eyes!

I'm also a huge Doors and Jimi Hendrix fan, love Nine Inch Nails, too, and I grew up on country so there's no way I can ever hate it Smiley

See?? I'm all over the place!

Yesterday, a good thing that happened was getting to work from home and having our new washing machine get delivered and installed! The one that was in our rental home when we moved is was an 'as-is' appliance (no warranty to fix/replace like for the stove, micro, or dishwasher; no fridge provided, we bought our own when we moved in) broke on the last spin cycle on Saturday morning...so that chore was delayed a few days until yesterday. Clothes never spun dry after they agitated, rinsed and spun the first spin cycle...so...I had to run 5 mini-loads of 4-6 pieces of sopping wet clothing thru the dryer to dry the load that was in there when it gave up. Loving the new washer though, and husband's tax return came in and paid for it. Not really how we wanted to spend that money, we had other bills we wanted to pay ahead on with it...but, at least things coincided well to not put us on our ear financially with an unforeseen expense like this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Zoe ♥

STS Spring Market 2019
PINTEREST
Will personal swap for a crochet or knitted Totoro teapot cozy (see my Pinterest YARN board!)
BigBangMomma

Alaskan Grown

There is no planet B!

« Reply #362 on: May 08, 2019 03:12:55 PM »

How exciting for the new washer! Funny how "grown ups" get excited for these things!

If you follow my instagram,(@lynx2lancer) you'll see my daily happy posts following the blooming 2nd year Clematis. We've had birds on the feeder, and I saw a hummingbird today! Spring....is here!

I'm going to steal borrow craftylittlemonkey's question in the Use the Good Beads Swap for today:

Are you a morning or night owl?

If I wake up on my own around 7-8, I am happy to be awake in the morning. I usually am in bed by 11, but I am up sometimes 3 hours later than my family, so that makes me an occasional night owl in that sense.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019 03:14:08 PM by BigBangMomma » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Little Visitor Swap Rd 29: Mr. Sparkles is visiting Scotland!
                                     Hosting Nessie!
June Atc Swap:5 claimed/5 sent/4 received
Intro to Masterboard Technique Swap: Organizing and Sent!
Artist Trading Coins Rd 3: Crafting!
Jumbo ATCs: Waiting to Sign Up!
dontneedaclassroom
« Reply #363 on: May 08, 2019 10:19:17 PM »

As a habit I tend to be a night owl, but mostly because I'm reluctant to go to work again in the morning, you know? Smiley During the couple of years I was just working part time at a job I loved, I woke up pretty early even when I didn't have anywhere pressing to be.

Some house finches have been visiting the clematis outside my study window like they're thinking of making a nest out there, but I think the neighbor's cat might have finally scared them off this week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandykaye

« Reply #364 on: May 09, 2019 01:25:45 AM »

Complete night owl!!! I tried keeping early hours for years but I just could never get used to it! I was always afraid I would oversleep and occasionally did! I do best working 2nd shift because then I could sleep in and still have time to do things when my mind is most active after work. My husband works a weird shift that is in between normal 2nd and 3rd shift hours (6pm to 4:30 am) and that is pretty much my schedule too lol! I'm usually awake from 1-2pm until around 6-7 am. No kids so don't have to keep "normal" hours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #365 on: May 09, 2019 08:28:07 AM »

100 million percent early morning person. I get up between 5-5:30, even on the weekends. I want all my work done by 3 in the afternoon so I can hang out and enjoy the day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amfkinney
« Reply #366 on: May 09, 2019 08:38:22 AM »

Hi Everyone!

I have a bit of catching up to do.

Two weeks ago I went to Ireland with my family (husband and three adult children).  It was our first vacation like this ever and we had so much fun.  Now that they are all out of college, we decided it was time and it was fabulous.  All my children moved away from home for their careers so being together for a week was wonderful.

Then...the return to work after being away for a week.  That was crazy, but all is good.

I will do my best to catch up here.

Avengers--have not seen the movie.  I truly don't make it to the movies as much as I would like.

TV Shows--I really like Netflix and Hulu.  Some of my favorite regular shows are This is Us and A Million Little Things and the Big Bang Theory.  I still stick by my old standards of Golden Girls repeats.  A few years ago my friends and I dressed up as the four awesome ladies for Halloween.  So much fun.

Storms--as a child, they terrified me.  I won't say I hate them now, but sometimes they are cool...unless causing a lot of damage. 

Music--I like a lot different music.  If I had to pick one...it would be Billy Joel hands down. I have loved his music all of my life.  I do like Chicago, Earth Wind and Fire, James Taylor and many more.   I have XM radio in my car which I enjoy because i can change my music genre to whatever I am in the mood for.

Morning or night person--I am absolutely a night owl.  I am not a morning person at all.  I like the quiet of the night to craft or read or veg out. 

Have a good day everyone!

Anne

THIS ROCKS   Logged
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #367 on: May 09, 2019 09:14:07 AM »

Total morning person. Like kittykill, I get up between 5 - 530am every morning without an alarm.

I will often take a cat nap during the afternoon so I can get through the evening. I'm usually ready for bed by 9 or 930, read for a bit and then fall asleep.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geekgirl1000100

« Reply #368 on: May 09, 2019 09:15:53 AM »

Same here.  I am up by 6 every morning.  Often I wake up at 4.
Sleeping in is 6:30.  Very occasionally 7am!!!

I work 7-4 and like that I don't have to deal with traffic.  Sometimes I am at work by 6.  I get a lot done before others start coming in between 8-9.

100 million percent early morning person. I get up between 5-5:30, even on the weekends. I want all my work done by 3 in the afternoon so I can hang out and enjoy the day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seeuudee

Smile!

« Reply #369 on: May 09, 2019 10:53:22 AM »

Good thing that happened - is it really bad that I cannot think of anything good that happened today? The weather was meh, work was crazy and I ended up working through lunch, I am now home with the heating on because I am so cold and need to make a decision about what I want for dinner! So I will go with - that my veggie garden is starting to look really good and as it rained today, I don't have to worry about going out in the cold and watering this evening Smiley

Early bird or night owl? Left to my own devices I am a night owl, with a couple of weeks of work I shift to a 1-2 am bed time and sleep til around 9 ish. But when working, my alarm goes off at 5.45 and I have to leave the house about 7.15 am, so I am usually in bed by 10.30 pm at the very latest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 51 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie
@Home This Weekend: Door Decor
June 20, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...