A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
238 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hannibal "Teesha Moore"-style Bag  (Read 2069 times)
Tags for this thread: hannibal , teesha_moore , bag , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
The Raging Sloth

Because Papier-Mache solves everything

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2019 12:15:21 AM »

Woot! I finally finished this! I am ridiculously OBSESSED with the show NBC's Hannibal and I haven't made any Teesha Moore-style stuff before until.a recent swap when I made a Hufflepuff patch. It inspired me to make this! It's all references to the show which has a lot of metaphors so it's pretty perfect to make patches for.

From left to right: the Hannibal wendigo, Hannibal's (and Will's) restraint mask, a glass of wine (probably somehow made out of people), a butcher knife with people blood, Hannibal and Will snails, Hannibal logo, a teacup that has "come back together" with titsugi, Will's ensaphalitis clock, Will's mongoose "how do you see me?" "The mongoose I want under the house when the snakes slither by."

From left to right: "swiggity swag its the nightmare stag" ravenstag which is a metaphor for Will's "becoming", honeycomb with blood from the episode where this lady lobotomized people and they had a bee nest in their heads, "this is my design" Will's signature uh... catchphrase?, Will's dragonfly, pomegranate and blood, Hannibal's "valentine" to Will; a gigantic heart made out of an entire human body stabbed with and held-up on three swords, infamous fannibal catchphrase "eat the rude" with antlers , Will's fishing fly, ravenstag feathers, and the mushrooms.

It's all completely hand-sewn and embroidered by me. My favorite patch is definitely the Wendigo.

Here's some reference pics to see where i'm coming from:

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019 10:40:42 AM by The Raging Sloth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thank you Craftster Moderators, all the crafters, the swap organizers, and all the swap buddies and friends I've made! I love you all. If you want to contact me, my facebook art page is https://m.facebook.com/ragingslothcreations/
My instageam is Overzealousopossum (Chelydra serpentina)
endymion
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019 12:43:23 AM »

WOW! That is amazing, and you did it so quickly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/magnifisweets
www://craftcrossing.com
Improbable Bird Lady YouTube video link: https://youtu.be/tqHw31kMEsU
The Raging Sloth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019 08:23:42 AM »

WOW! That is amazing, and you did it so quickly!

Lol yeah I was like,  having a serious bout of mania about this.  I made it within a week. XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thank you Craftster Moderators, all the crafters, the swap organizers, and all the swap buddies and friends I've made! I love you all. If you want to contact me, my facebook art page is https://m.facebook.com/ragingslothcreations/
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019 09:25:04 AM »

You did an amazing job! It really looks great. I had to look up Wendigo and I am almost sorry I did, the mythology states their origin is RIGHT WHERE WE LIVE, Yikes!
Nice braided handle too, I remember when people here first started making bags from TM squares and were working to figure out good ways to create handles. I don't remember who first came up with the braid...
I went looking and the earliest sample I could find was photo frame Abbeeroad made for a swap. Did you see that somewhere Abbee or did you make it up and we all followed you? It is genius no matter where it came from, suits this bag to a T!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

and remember, ALWAYS USE THE GOOD BEADS, YARN, FABRIC!

Love you all, thank you so much for everything. XO
The Raging Sloth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019 10:15:44 AM »

You did an amazing job! It really looks great. I had to look up Wendigo and I am almost sorry I did, the mythology states their origin is RIGHT WHERE WE LIVE, Yikes!
Nice braided handle too, I remember when people here first started making bags from TM squares and were working to figure out good ways to create handles. I don't remember who first came up with the braid...
I went looking and the earliest sample I could find was photo frame Abbeeroad made for a swap. Did you see that somewhere Abbee or did you make it up and we all followed you? It is genius no matter where it came from, suits this bag to a T!

I wanna say the handle idea was Sheepblue?

Yeah Wendigos are a native American myth but this particular wendigo is more Hannibal-specific. Here's an example:

Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019 03:28:05 PM »

Yep, I think sheep gets credit for the braid. Cheesy

Also, this bag is wonderful!!! So many fun details!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019 03:29:10 PM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019 03:48:02 PM »

Of course it was, lol. Yay sheep!

Love the bag but wow, the images of that show that you've added have completely convinced me I could never watch it. My gosh, so scary! EEP!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

and remember, ALWAYS USE THE GOOD BEADS, YARN, FABRIC!

Love you all, thank you so much for everything. XO
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019 09:00:31 PM »

Wow, it looks fantastic! I recognized all the patches without reading the descriptions, you did a great job representing everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not goodbye friends - find me on the reddit group, on instagram @oceanna.kolb and oceanna.kolb at gmail. <3<3<3
kwality570
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019 09:35:32 AM »

Wow. This is a work of art! I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Final Craftster Admin
Thank you for everything.

Join us on LettuceCraft.com!

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019 12:16:07 PM »

Wow, it's beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Our future home is Lettuce Craft!
Just... Let.Us.Craft.

Launching soon: http://lettucecraft.com/
Crafts Chats Swaps
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...