A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,480
Currently Running With Scissors:
181 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitted Swiffer re-usable cloths/pads  (Read 269 times)
Tags for this thread: swiffer , knitting , reuse , upcycle , repurpose  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
digreen
Green Digitalist

Change is the only Constant

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2019 08:30:52 PM »

Swifter reusable and washable pads/cloths, knitted up, have been washed and one needs to be washed again!

http://knitting-in-the-dark.tumblr.com/post/182994645878/swiffer-reusable-and-washable-padcloth-knitted

Last year I needed a better mop situation, and loved the idea of the swiffer wetjet, but couldn't handle throwing out the cloths/pads, but then I kept seeing women who had knitted/crocheted their own swiffer reusables so as soon as I found an "intro kit" on sale I bought one and immediately knitted up a couple of squares. The velcro doesn't really work, so I just rubber-banded them on. Some of the pIns had pads with pockets and I'll try those on the next batch I knit up. I didn't bother with a pattern, nor with tucking in the threads. I might use the threads in attaching some icord instead of pockets, when I get some cotton yarn again; also, might try ultimate recycling & make some t-(shirt)-yarn = tarn. Actually, that sounds like a great quick project for tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Newish to craftster; I enjoy yarn, paper, pixels, altar & altered art and ATCs, collagey/junk & bullet journals,  jewelry, natural toiletries, design, and upcycling; fave themes include Goddesses, gals, gardens, fashion, fun, thrift and thankfulness, Ukraine & politics; color purple, lavender, blues
digreen
Green Digitalist

Change is the only Constant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019 12:46:37 AM »

Okay, so I *did* go and make the tarn, actually uarn, (cuz it was made out of a pair of undies in the laundry garbage) and knitted it up; but was only enough recycled yarn for half of a swiffer pad so then cut up a rag that was a tighter, more canvas weave; notice undies bottom half are brighter, also more stretchy like a t shirt / regular tarn would be. Also, last few stitches were REALLY hard to do because the canvas tarn was hard to manipulate the bind off stitches over each other

Turned out pretty thick, will have to test to see if it's *TOO* thick for the reusable swiffer pad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Newish to craftster; I enjoy yarn, paper, pixels, altar & altered art and ATCs, collagey/junk & bullet journals,  jewelry, natural toiletries, design, and upcycling; fave themes include Goddesses, gals, gardens, fashion, fun, thrift and thankfulness, Ukraine & politics; color purple, lavender, blues
kbrison
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019 10:21:41 AM »

Welcome back, digreen! See you've hit your 15 posts, so now you're eligible to swap with the rest of us. Come out and play with us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
66/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Risotto
@Home This Weekend: Quick Wall Art
Tute Tuesday: Heirloom Cowgirl Pillow

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...