A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 315,376
Currently Running With Scissors:
232 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: PIC HEAVY - Enchanted Forest, Daisy, Irish Wedding  (Read 424 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , wedding_ideas , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 19, 2019 09:28:15 AM »

I'm a bit delayed in posting the rest of my crafted items I made as part of decorations for our wedding back in 2017!  Shocked LOL!

My husband's heritage is Irish, so we had a nod to that in his and his groomsmen's attire, as well as the colors I chose for flowers and my bouquet: green, yellow, white.

My favorite flowers are daisies and sunflowers, in keeping with our color scheme, I went with daisies and other flowers in the scheme. A little pic heavy, but I put thumbnails for most of the other crafted goodies other than my bouquet and headpiece, so hopefully that will cut back on loading time for this post!

Here's a good shot of my bouquet (and my rocking one of my cluster bracelets I had gifted to one of my bridesmaids several years back, so I 'borrowed' it for the day in keeping with the old/new/borrowed/blue tradition)

Here's a link to the post I made about my headpiece a couple years back: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=452137.0

And here's a photo of me in it from the wedding

Did my own take on a 'shabby chic' meets enchanted forest with the various pieces I bought and decorated or made.

Bought these metal cages and other little things, filled with fake moss and decorated with ivy as well as those little LED fairy lights that are battery operated. Click each one for a larger photo!

Had the cards sign made from someone on Etsy, bought the large white birdcage to tuck cards into and decorated it with lace

Had the cake topper custom painted with our initials (from Etsy again!), cake stand came with another ribbon in it and I took it out and replaced with the Irish National Tartan ribbon

Between between myself and about 6 friends and 4 family members, we all pitched in and filled the mismatched vases/jars/pitchers with water and fresh flowers and set about 3-4 of them each on a wooden 'trivet' or stand that I bought about 15 of in various shapes (from TJMaxx/Marshalls/Homegoods) and sizes. Also set out stuff at the altar, around the stage, and on the various tables that would be setup for the bar and buffet and cake tables. Whew!! It was a LOT of work to decorate for your own wedding, thank goodness I had lots of extra hands helping out Smiley

Here's what I started with (well, this is about 3/4 of the items, I bought a few more here and there before the big day). All items purchased on the cheap from thrift stores in the area for .25-$1 each, or up to about $10 each on the pitchers and a few I bought brand new that I loved from other retail stores.

And here's what they became on the day-of!

Here's a shot of our memorial table. You can see some of my decorations I made in the background on the memorial table.

And our altar setup on the stage where we were married (more handiwork by friends and family filling up vases and setting out knick-knacks!)

And last, but not least, a crochet doily table runner on our head table that we sat at for the reception. Elvis, our mascot, keeping watch over things! Got him at Homegoods for $10 on clearance! YAY!!

It was a wonderful and beautiful day, and I'm so proud to have had a hand in making it that way with my crafts!

Questions and comments welcome! Enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Zoe ♥

STS Spring Market 2019
PINTEREST
Will personal swap for a crochet or knitted Totoro teapot cozy (see my Pinterest YARN board!)
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019 09:29:33 AM »

Aww! Everything is so pretty and bright.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019 10:18:07 AM »

Aww! Everything is so pretty and bright.

It really was! I have soooo many of the vases and various glassware and other decor items packed away at our house. Can't wait until we buy a house and stop renting in another year or so and I can finally unleash it all upon our forever home Cheesy

I allowed every guest to take a glass item of their choice home with them so I wouldn't have to haul so much back to Indiana (wedding was in FL), unless I had marked an item specifically for me and wasn't willing to part with it. They all made a pretty decent dent!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019 10:19:18 AM by TheSapphireMoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Zoe ♥

STS Spring Market 2019
PINTEREST
Will personal swap for a crochet or knitted Totoro teapot cozy (see my Pinterest YARN board!)
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019 12:59:55 PM »

Gah, it's simply beautiful!!  I love the colors you chose and how you incorporated it.  So cheerful and just... happy.  Love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
endymion

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019 06:35:10 PM »

So lovely! The colors are great, and everything turned out so well! Really nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/magnifisweets
www://craftcrossing.com
Improbable Bird Lady YouTube video link: https://youtu.be/tqHw31kMEsU
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019 05:10:18 AM »

Everything is so cheerful and bright! Congrats, you look gorgeously happy Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019 03:51:23 AM »

Everything is so cheerful and bright! Congrats, you look gorgeously happy Smiley.

Thank you!! We are very happy, we both never thought we'd find our missing puzzle piece until I literally fell into his lap! LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Zoe ♥

STS Spring Market 2019
PINTEREST
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Where is my Cosmo?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019 06:24:28 AM »

Congrats! This has been chosen as a Featured Project! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019 05:53:58 AM »

Oh, yay!! Thanks, racky! Thats awesome Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019 05:54:37 AM by TheSapphireMoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Zoe ♥

STS Spring Market 2019
PINTEREST
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019 08:29:14 AM »

Congrats! This has been chosen as a Featured Project! Smiley

Of course it is!!  Congrats!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Welcome Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace
Can't Fool Mother Nature

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...