A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 315,264
Currently Running With Scissors:
192 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stump work resources, add your faves!  (Read 136 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 06, 2019 10:40:37 AM »

I got a subscription for the embroidery magazine Inspiration which has been arriving regularly and includes lovely tutorials with fold out patterns. Very challenging, I am making plans for a few. I ordered this incredible stump work book they are promoting, Botanica by Julie Kniedl and am so excited to receive it.

There is an utterly realistic pear I absolutely must attempt. For what I haven't any clue, "just because" will have to be reason enough Cheesy.  

Has anybody got other stump work resources to recommend? I've checked out all the books the library has to offer and a friend recently gave me a copy of Raised Embroidery by Barbara and Roy Hirst that is just wonderful. The projects are so quirky and delightful, I am entranced. Of course I've read some books by Jane Nicholas' that are incredible but a bit more traditional than the Hirst volume. I like weird, lol.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019 10:58:16 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019 01:58:39 PM »

Ooh I'm curious to see what you create CLM! All my stuff has been sourced from the internet or I just made it up.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019 02:33:11 PM »

You make such groovy things!
The Hirst projects use needle lace for figures & clothing, it is really cool. I've been wanting to make an automata & am wondering if stumpwork can be incorporated. I have ideas! I also found a plaque blank in my stash & remembered how neat-o your faux taxidermy is. More ideas... so exciting Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Book Jewelry
Let's Spool Up!
Meatless Monday: Spinach and Cheese Gnocchi Bake

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...