A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,264
Currently Running With Scissors:
194 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Difference Makers and Small Things Matter Silent Auction, April 12, 2019  (Read 414 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 30, 2019 08:20:11 PM »

Hi everyone!

Difference Makers and Small Things Matter are co-hosting the auction again this year.  Our silent auction will take place on April 12, 2019 from 6-8:30pm at Takoma Park Middle School to raise money our various projects. 

Difference Makers is a student run 501(c)3 nonprofit at TPMS that performs many community service projects including running the Kokua Foods Program, which supplies fresh food and pantry-nonperishable food items for TPMS, RTES, New Hampshire Tower Apts and 6 area shelters including Shepherd's Table and Casa Ruby (LGBT youth shelter).

Small Things Matter is Lana's 501(c)3 nonprofit that engages youth to help those in need with a literacy program and a crafting for charity program. This year STM gave out over 1000 brand new books to kids in need.  Lana and her friends also read to underserved children at the Difference Makers food distribution.  We have also made hundreds and hundreds of stuffies for hospitals and made 650 fleece scarves and 200 decorated toiletry bags filled with supplies for the homeless in honor of MLK Day of Service. 

Our auction is a nice blend of items donated by businesses (gift cards, theatre tickets, autographed baseballs) and handcrafted items.  My Craftster friends have contributed many wonderful items to our event (including handmade jewelry, greeting cards, purses, stuffed animals, scarves, and cloth covered notebooks.  People are seriously in love with the handcrafted items BTW!!!  Smiley

This is last year's poster!

If anyone is willing to donate an auction item to us please send it by March 30 so that I can get the placards, space, everything else made in time.  The earlier it is received the better because I can also post it to thank you!  Smiley  Please include your name/company name, website, and business cards for me to share with others that might have lost the bidding and would like to contact you.   I can also provide you with an acknowledgement letter that you can use for tax purposes if you itemize and give me an approximate value. 

Please send your items to the following address:
DM&STM Auction
Attn: Bryan Goehring/Craftster Friends
9295 Maxwell Court
Laurel MD 20723

Please mark it Craftster and please PM me when you send to him so that I can ask Bryan to be on the lookout for it.  Thanks!

If any of you want to get Small Things Matter's newsletter please PM me your email!  Smiley  You can find past issues of our newsletter on our website.

THANK YOU for your continued kindness and support!!!
Roxanne/underthemountain

Find out more about DM here:
http://www.difference-makers.org/
https://www.facebook.com/makeadifferencewithus/

Find more about STM here:
http://smallthingsmatter.org/
https://www.facebook.com/thesmallthingsmatter/

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Difference Makers and Small Things Matter are having their annual auction on April 12 and welcome your donations. Smiley  https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=457320.msg5516/
jellybean89

Ravenclaw :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019 07:07:38 AM »

I can make some amigurumi & other crocheted items! Smiley

Do you think anyone would be interested in a crochet basket? Some examples of ones I've made in the past:

Or I could make some silly hats like these fish hats:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019 07:21:39 AM »

Hi Jelly!

Thank you for sharing your amazing skills!!!!!   Lana and I both have fish hats and LOVE them!  and I think your fish hat would do really well!  Your amigurumi would too!  I always like to have a mix of things since we have lots of families there and these would appeal to everyone! 

Smiley Rox

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Difference Makers and Small Things Matter are having their annual auction on April 12 and welcome your donations. Smiley  https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=457320.msg5516/
BeaG

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019 08:39:46 AM »

I am not donating this year (not crafting for now because I'm working on my health issues), but I hope the leftovers of my donations from previous years will raise some more money this year!

And of course I'll be thinking of the DM and SML during the silent auction!

Wishing you many donations and a very successful silent auction!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019 08:40:23 AM by BeaG » THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019 09:08:02 AM »

Hi Bea!

Yes!  We have many wonderful items from the past auctions from you and my other friends and will be offering them again at this auction.  Smiley

Thank you sooo much for all the spoiling!!!!

I'm glad you are feeling better and enjoying life.  You deserve it!!!

Lots of love!
Rox
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maimun

We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

aka MunLtStmpr

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019 02:55:02 PM »

What a fabulous event and even better programs!  I'll see what I can do.
Maimun
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019 06:01:28 PM »

Thank you Maimun!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019 07:01:37 PM »

Oh, you are so wonderful Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019 07:37:31 PM »

Nah, the kids are wonderful!  I am really proud of the way Lana and her friends have developed into kind leaders. Smiley  They have developed some very nice friendships with the kids they are helping.  Really warms the heart!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Book Jewelry
Let's Spool Up!
Meatless Monday: Spinach and Cheese Gnocchi Bake

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...