A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,456
Currently Running With Scissors:
180 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong ~ OSTARA Term 2019*~  (Read 11536 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2019 02:40:44 PM »

Class: DADA
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Link: Violet Spill Shawl

Brief Description: This project took constant vigilance over the course of 5 weeks!  But Moody was right, the effort paid off, and now I have a shawl to ward off the curses of passing Death Eaters.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Floo - South Dakota
Project Name & Link: Vintage Market Tote

Brief Description: Working on the shawl above, I ran out of yarn, and it was going to be a few days till I could pick up some more.  So, since I can't be without a project, I dug through my stash to see what I could make out of what was laying around.  I found 1.5 skeins of Bernat Maker Home Dec, which I had bought for a project that I later changed my mind about making.  I used up some of it making some chunky mandalas/doilies for my bedroom, but still had a bunch left.  So I resurrected the remainder of the yarn, and whipped up a tote for my mom's birthday next month.  Now to craft some dish cloths & scrubbies to go with it.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy|Facebook|HP Craftalong|
Come to the 2019 CRAFTSTER MEETUP in Asheville, NC!  April 26-28!!!
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2019 06:02:58 PM »

Those look great! I love the colorway of the shawl and the bag is really pretty. I want to make a bag like that, actually, I just haven't been on my "making" game lately. Really great on my "planning by falling down the Pinterest rabbit hole" game though, I'm in the Pro level there! haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
gaudiknight
« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2019 11:42:29 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DADA
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: The Great Bathroom ReDo of 2019
Brief Description: This project has been in the works for a long time.  I got the painting portion taken care of in January, but the rest of the reno was a February project.  We ended up replacing pretty much everything in the room except for the tub: the sink & vanity (which involved some higher level shenanigans to use a round sink on top since I wanted more than the two inch ledge the current square sink trend gives you), new lights and door handles from the habitat restore, replacing the 30+ year old vinyl floor with a mosaic tiles that match my old dorm's 1930s bathroom, new towel bars etc., baseboards, some major trimming of doors, and finally finding a use for a mirror that had been hanging around for years.  My home improvement skills are definitely leveling up, but I could not have done this without the help of my Dad for plumbing, electrical, and advanced saw work.  The awkward picture doesn't really capture the scope of the project (which also extended into the Harry Potter room that's next to the toilet) but it's the best I could do in such a cramped space.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2019 12:02:25 PM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2019 12:11:57 PM »

@gaudiknight: Love the tile work! Looks like all the hard work paid off. It's a lovely bathroom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

All you need is love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2019 12:39:43 PM »

Love the market tote, Jennie and what an awesome looking space, gaudiknight! I know when it comes to renovations, even the smallest project is a lot of work!

I have a couple projects to turn in:

Class: Arithmancy
Project Name: TM Patch Journal Cover
Project Page Link: N/A
Brief Description: Made for kbrison in the Asheville Swap, this little project is added to bit by bit (square by square) over time to create the finished piece.
Project Picture:

Class: Astronomy
Project Name: Glass Blown Vase
Brief Description: I took a glass blowing class recently with my friend at Morris County School of Glass (https://www.mcsog.com/). It was super fun and challenging to work with this new-to-me material. The vase itself was made by swinging the blown glass to elongate the stem - very cool!
Project Picture:

Class: Divination
Project Name: Glass Paperweight
Brief Description: The second piece from my glass class "playing with fire." Pretty appropriate for Divination this term! This piece is not actually blown, the colored glass is stuck to the molten glass and melted to incorporate, then the design is created by pulling and twisting the glass with large metal tweezers. Every air bubble is a place where I "poked" the glass with the tweezers. A second coating of clear glass encloses the color. You actually use wooden tools to shape the glass - they are stored in water and dunked frequently to keep them from catching fire.
Project Picture:

Class: History of Magic
Project Name: Sister T-shirts
Brief Description: Made for my nieces, Cricut projects definitely come easy to me these days. I can squeeze it in during nap time, which is about the only free time I have anymore.
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: March 05, 2019 12:46:45 PM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged

HPC - Ostara

LadybugsAndBumblebees

I'm so squishy!

« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2019 01:51:28 PM »

Your projects are always so nifty!  And glassblowing???!!!  I'm so jelly!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
ETSY SHOP: www.etsy.com/shop/LadybuggirlCrafts
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

Too blessed to be stressed! Smiley
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2019 01:56:29 PM »

Abbee, fantastic work with the glass blowing!  I'm in love with the vase.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy|Facebook|HP Craftalong|
Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2019 09:10:19 PM »

Headmistress, your shawl is lovely! I remember way back when before you ever crocheted - you are amazing!

I love the TM journal cover! "the Hook is Strong with this One" is simply the best.

That paper weight is super pretty but I am in love with that vase!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

All you need is love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2019 07:02:32 AM »

"the Hook is Strong with this One" is simply the best.

That's my personal fave, too.

Thanks for the comments on my glass pieces, guys. Really, the instructor gets all the credit. Left to my own devices, I would have forgotten to turn the glass and ended up with a pile of mush on the floor! It was super fun, however. My friend and I are planning to take a tumbler class next.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HPC - Ostara

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2019 08:25:45 PM »

That glass work is awesome, Abbee! I don't think I need to have passed Divination to see a WW feature in your future!

Afm, I'm in a wicked creative slump. I've not made anything but meals and messes for months. I need to get a grip! I have WiPs begging for love but by the time I settle my tiny dictator down for a nap/bedtime (and dodge the Krupp who keeps trying to be in my shoes as I walk!) I have no brain left to do anything other than fold laundry. Booooo! (I mean, heck, I am folding like Marie Kondo so it's not nothing, and clean underwear and non-spit up covered shirts are my jam, but it sure ain't yarning it up! lol)

Here's hoping I actually get to something "self care" like this weekend that involves yarn. I miss my yarn, and I'm sure it would like some attention. :0)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
April 24, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Toiletry Bag
Weekend Bunnies

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...