A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 315,240
Currently Running With Scissors:
192 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong ~ OSTARA Term 2019*~  (Read 3532 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2019 03:20:23 AM »

Yup, my husband has the Slytherin  one too!  They're pretty special to us because we bought them the day he proposed at Universal Studios in front of Hogwarts.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2019 05:46:15 AM »

Yup, my husband has the Slytherin  one too!  They're pretty special to us because we bought them the day he proposed at Universal Studios in front of Hogwarts.  Grin

Abbeeroad & FiberAlchemist helped me pick mine out, on our mini Craftalong meetup at Wizarding World.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2019 05:57:31 AM »

Abbeeroad & FiberAlchemist helped me pick mine out, on our mini Craftalong meetup at Wizarding World.  Cheesy

My hubs is the Hufflepuff to my Slytherin, how funny! We had our honeymoon at Universal for HP world, I could totally live there! (And, Dang was I jealous of that crafty meetup trip when it happened! So, so Jealous!  Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
jellybean89

Ravenclaw :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2019 09:01:52 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
SPEW: n/a
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Iris Whirl Blanket
Project Page Link: n/a
Brief Description: For Arithmancy class, I crocheted a blanket for a baby. Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Iron Chef - Coconut
SPEW: Valentine Sweets Sale (Friends of Bayliss Public Library)
Project Name: Magic Cookie Bars
Project Page Link: n/a
Brief Description: I made cookie bars for a bake sale at my local library (to benefit the library)! I packaged them on red plates & added paper tags with ingredient and allergy information (the back of each tag has the detailed ingredient list just in case someone needs it).

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe:
* 1/2 c margarine (I used butter)
* 1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs (I crushed 11 sheets in a bag with a rolling pin)
* 1 - 14 oz can condensed milk
* 6 oz chocolate chips
* 1 1/2 c coconut
* 1 c chopped nuts, optional (I left these out & used more chocolate and butterscotch chips)
* 6 oz butterscotch chips, optional

Preheat oven to 350F.
In 13x9 glass baking dish (I used a metal cake pan with aluminum foil inside), melt margarine in oven (while it's preheating). Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over margarine. Pour condensed milk over crumbs. Alternate rest of ingredients (I put the coconut in next & then put the chocolate and butterscotch chips on top).
Bake 25-30 min.

Project Picture:

(there are 9 plates - they're stacked)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

madcrafter
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2019 12:08:41 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Challenge
SPEW:  N/A
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: February Detention Make something using only from your stash
Project Page Link (if available): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv3Di0Fxqjo&t=2269s
Brief Description: This is from a Valentine Heart Swap here on Craftster.  I used french silk ribbon, silk ribbons, and beads.  Lots and lots of beads!  This was one of my easiest projects.  I found the perfect everything to make the heart.  Projects are so much easier when you can make up your mind on supplies!  My partner wanted a heart that hangs so I made a 2.5 inch heart pendant.  I also made a bag for the heart.  I don't use a sewing machine so the bag did take some time.
Project Picture:

Madcrafter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Stop by my blog and say hi!
http://ravingsofamadcrafter.blogspot.com/
madcrafter
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2019 06:59:55 PM »

WhistleFish congratulations on your pup ornament! The details are wonderful.

Madcrafter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Stop by my blog and say hi!
http://ravingsofamadcrafter.blogspot.com/
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

With even more hair!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2019 02:35:23 AM »

Edel those candle/flower jars are really pretty and the keys are a great idea! Is your wedding in June? it's coming up fast! Am I remembering correctly you are hosting it at your home? What an undertaking!

yes it is going to be in the backgarden. But we are both in our 50s so there is less panic about all the details than when I was in my 20s, As long as people have enough to eat (we are having it catered) somewhere to sit (borrowing a load of chairs and tables, and I have 100 stretch white chair covers from aliexpress, so they will look pretty, a load of sheets will have a delicate pink tie-dye for table cloths once the weather improves so I can do it outside) and plenty to drink (we have so so much stuff bought already) then the rest is all details.

I have the dress, a load of decorations, Just need to alter my dress and put up decorations and we are all ready to go.

There is the small detail of having the garden 'roofed' with canvas? polytunnel plastic? because it is Ireland and it always rains, even in June. But my mister is a civil engineer and so that is his job! I am doing the important stuff like decorations and looking fabulous. Wink

« Last Edit: February 14, 2019 02:48:04 AM by edelC » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you. Make me something for my wedding in june (pink and white) and I'll make yourself something lovely

www.pinterest.com/edelc
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

With even more hair!!!

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2019 02:39:41 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
Project Name: Medieval hat
Brief Description, Well this was a complete PITA to make, the hat itself was straight forward enough, I found a pattern online and it worked with a little adjustment, But the cording and beads on top was difficult to say the least. I had to make a 'mesh' pattern that looked ok from all angles. It worked, even if one or two cords came adrift during wear, but they were easily fixed

Class/Challenge/House Pride: transfiguration
Project Name: Transfiguration
Brief Description I made these cosies for a recent swap, A french press and mug cosy. To keep everything warm and toasty.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you. Make me something for my wedding in june (pink and white) and I'll make yourself something lovely

www.pinterest.com/edelc
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

With even more hair!!!

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2019 02:46:44 AM »

Another batch of projects

Class/Challenge/House Pride: HOM
Project Name: Pocket letter
Brief Description, this was a pocket letter sent to a friend, who is going through a rough time and who has supported me through rough times. I wanted to show her love and appreciation.
Brief Description,

Class/Challenge/House Pride:
Project Name: Curved bottom, pleated tote bag
Brief Description, Made for a recent swap, in shades of grey. it is not a shape or colour that I thought I would like, but i was happy with the result

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House pride-ravenclaw
Project Name: Repurposed childrens ladybird book. Inspired by the ravenclaw love of learning. ladybird books are iconic and I picked up a number of them years ago. all pretty tatty, I took off the covers and used a few of the inside pages and stitched the whole lot together, with some blank paper, with japanese stab stitch binding, for a notebook.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.pinterest.com/edelc
gaudiknight
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2019 08:58:33 AM »

Gaudiknight's Love-To-Do List
(a few things besides doll clothes for a change)

1. Monster Quilt* - I have the fabric all cut out, I just need to get going.
2. Quilts for Kids Quilt* - The quilt top is done, I just need to assemble and quilt
3. Owl Sweater* - this was an OWL (or maybe a NEWT) that's been on hold for a while.
4. Paint and decorate my bedroom - hopefully to involve some DIY art or pillows
5. 18th Century Doll Dress - Already have the pattern, just need to sew it
6. amigurumi something - I just have a hankering for cute
7. Zippered Pouch - fairly large to carry knitting projects in
8. Cabled Hat - I lost my last one.  I have yarn, just need a pattern.
9. Bag of Holding - recreate my current falling apart one, or maybe go with a new style
0. Kon-Mari my fabric stash - weed, iron, fold, and organize
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
February 13, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Reusable Shopping Bag

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...