A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,456
Currently Running With Scissors:
193 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery, 2019  (Read 1467 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

geekgirl1000100
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019 07:34:43 AM »

Thanks!  I had to start watching videos to learn how to collage well enough to be happy with it.  I used to think everything looked "lacking".
I don't actually enjoy watching tutorial videos.  Too many of them are poor quality or drawn out WAY too long.  I resented watching a 20/30 min video when the technique could be written out and I could read it in 30 seconds.

BUT I finally watched a few and I really did learn from them and improved my techniques.

I also do it in stages.  do a little, let it sit, come back to it another day and add more to it.  it's a slow progress but I usually have multiple pieces going at once.  Then when I come back to a piece and can't think of anything else to add I call it done.

Some people are just so incredibly good at collage. I aspire to be half this talented with layering, honestly, wow.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019 07:36:22 AM by geekgirl1000100 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

JoyfulClover

Live long and prosper

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019 04:12:02 PM »

Y'allllllllll.

gozer and I decided to do a personal mug rug swap when we weren't sure the actual swap was going to happen. And I'm not saying she is a wiley, crafting fiend or anything...but someone might just think that.

I hope you have a hot minute to take it all in:

my unadulterated love for elephants indulged in this amazing muggy rug

Here's the close-up. Check out those inks! And metallic thread! I can see gozers' artistic eye here. I love the sweet little baby, with the soft eyes and gentle curved mouth.

2 of my fav chocolate bars, and a lovely patchwork cuff, with an Alice quote. 'You would have to be half mad to dream me up.'

We surely would.

elegant, yet stylized mug 'and the adventure begins', with 3 super cute tea bag holder snails! Form AND function!

1 teal striped pouch (which stands on it's own!!!) and a batik glasses case, with ears!!! (The ears are hard to see but there! Poor photography on my part. Shameful).

gozer doesn't know it, but I easy have 15 pairs if sunnies. I only like certain kinds, so when I find them, I buy them and latch on like crazy! My eyes crave the overcast PacWest days. So this is much needed.

an intense red bookmark (we're both readers), an eye mask for our upcoming retreat, knit markers, and elephant charms (I already have plans).

Wonderful package, right?

Yeah, still not done.

homemade chappy featuring some of my favorite artists, and Spock. My soul brother. I dearly love this ST character. He speaks to me.

spiderwebby fingerless gloves. Lined. Because she goes full bore. With a small card wallet. (Cster isn't letting me rotate, so I'll  put in a ticket. Just try to tilt your head a bit)

And finally...do y'all remember these from a couple months ago?

yeah. That's right. She gave me one.  A little fantastical world, protected under a dome.

But you know what? As much as I love, love, love everything she gave (and she was clearly generous), the best part was WE MET IN PERSON!!! AND HUNG OUT FOR 5.5 HOURS!!!! **insert maniacal laughter** It was straight bananas!!

Thank you so much, my dear friend, gozer! I cannot wait to hang out with you on our retreat/road trip! Also, I'll never believe you again when you say 'I'm not feeling very crafty'.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019 04:44:15 PM »

That is an EPIC bundle o' goodies. Mind Blown! I'm super looking forward to hugging you both in a few weeks, yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JoyfulClover

Live long and prosper

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019 05:05:35 PM »

That is an EPIC bundle o' goodies. Mind Blown! I'm super looking forward to hugging you both in a few weeks, yay!

The trip still seems surreal! I can't believe I will see you! So weird...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019 06:38:26 AM »

JoyfulClover, I had the best time meeting and hanging out with you! I will get picks of your package this weekend. I loved all the goodies you gave and and wait until everyone sees the amazing mug rug you made me! LOL! It's seriously awesome. She also loaded me up with all kinds of goodies. Thank you again and I can't wait until our trip. I know it's going to be a blast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

curiousfae

mecca-lecca-hi mecca-hiney-ho!

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2019 09:14:05 AM »

what a colorful package! are those alcohol inks on the elephant mug rug? really cool effect.

so happy you two got to meet up IRL! so dang fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kwality570
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2019 10:03:15 AM »

That package from Gozer is absolutely amazing! Wow. She really outdid herself!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JoyfulClover

Live long and prosper

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2019 10:51:26 AM »

That package from Gozer is absolutely amazing! Wow. She really outdid herself!!!

Kwality570 - She really did.

Hey curiousfae - although its not my work, she said they were, and she iron-set them as well.

I'm suspicious, though. I don't want her messed up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2019 10:26:33 AM »

I also used Inktense Pencils and they say they are permanent once set. I set them! Fingers Crossed. They may fade some but shouldn't fade a bunch.

It took me entirely too long to get these posted. My life has been a hectic one lately. But here goes. Now you can see the epic-ness of what JoyfulClover gave to me!

She drown me in awesome teas in the best possible way ever! I just started drink tea and these are amazing. They are so fancy too. I feel all special when I drink them. The flavors are amazing. And the honey spoons! Are you kidding me?! Extra yummy and so much fun. There were more in the package but I had to grab a shot while some were left. The Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate was devine. I have to admit, that is an empty container there. It has been cold and the hot chocolate was so yummy. LOL! I haven't eaten the gummy candies yet. One set is vegan so I am curious. Cheesy  I bet they are amazing. Then we have the fizzy candies that are just to pretty to eat! They have lots of sugar crystal on them so I know I will love them.

And since we agreed on a mug rug and a mug, she got me two mugs and a cup. All SUPER cool! First is a Ghostbusters 2 cup from the theater when it came out. Vintage and in perfect condition. It even glows int he dark. How can you get any better than GB's and glowing? You get me an awesome cat mug! That's how. LOL! The cats are all around it and they are etched into it. They are so fun. I love their little faces. It's a bug mug too and fit lots of hot chocolate at a time. Grin  And last but not least is the family of deers.... I will show you that one individually because it is so cute. It has a buck on one side and a doe on the other with a little baby inside. It's so sweet!

And here is the tour de force (is that how you say that), the super awesome, absolutely amazing MUG RUG!!!! It's designed after my cats name, Yeti Pegleg! Hilarious! It's absolutely amazing. I love everything about it! The fabrics she chose are incredible. Those mountains, his expression. All too perfect! I absolutely love it!

Thank you so much JoyfulClover. I had such a fun time meeting you. Everyone in Asheville is in for a treat. She is so much fun and so awesome!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2019 02:01:43 PM »

The mug rug, it's killing me!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019 02:02:01 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
April 24, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Toiletry Bag
Weekend Bunnies

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...