A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
232 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gluing photos to glass  (Read 1669 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
TnTcrafters
« on: January 01, 2019 06:33:19 AM »

I am making a project that requires me to glue the printed side of a photo to a clear glass tile, so that the photo will be visible through the glass. The photos I am using are photo shop printed, not a color printer reproduction.

My problem is, I have tried many types of glue, but I have found that my image runs or is color damaged. The glue needs to dry clear, and the backside of the image will be sealed. It is purely a decorative craft, therefore it does not have to be waterproof.

Before I tried any more glue types, I thought a fellow crafter might have experience with this.
Which glue would be best to use ? Do I need a special sealant also ?

I would appreciate any input. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tristen
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019 09:12:17 AM »

I use Diamond Glaze.

Shiny Spots Problem.

1. If you use any paper that has a gloss finish, you will get the shiny spot, because the gloss film separates from the paper.  You have to use matt paper to glue to the glass.

2. The shiny spot is where there is no glue between the paper and the glass, caused by pressing to hard.
I like to move the glass in a circle motion to remove the air bubbles.  I get a shiny spot about 1 in 10.  It will look fine, but the next day after the glue has dried, walaaaa, shiny spot. So I toss it into a cup of water, let soak, remove the paper from the glass and start over.  Tip: The size of the paper that you are going to glue to the glass should only be 1/4 inch larger than the glass.  This will help to prevent the paper from bending and separating from the glass while drying.  Use a 6"x6" peace of wax paper as a work surface. 
After you are done gluing, you can move the wax paper around without disturbing the image paper and the glass.

Good Luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...