A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,843
Currently Running With Scissors:
281 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2019 Annual DeStashAlong!  (Read 30232 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
gaudiknight
« Reply #480 on: December 04, 2019 07:51:01 AM »

Given the recent news and how quiet November has been on this thread it seems a little futile to be posting the December Themes, but there they are.

We'll need to discuss the future of the DeStashAlong at some point, but let's give it a few days for the news to percolate and to see if Craftster as a whole will reinvent itself elsewhere. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thanate
wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

writer/crafter/naturalist, mother, Team Oak Tree

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #481 on: December 04, 2019 08:14:46 AM »

Thanks for posting-- I have been utterly terrible about both responding to the thread & getting to the themes in a timely manner, but I always enjoy having them out there. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"And the moral of Pierre is 'Care'." -Maurice Sendak

Join us for the Last Swap: Little Good Things R2

Ugh, it's like Thanos, ok? (Tho I prefer *not* to destroy the universe when possible.) Thann-uh-tay
rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 04, 2019 08:50:43 AM »

We aren't going to be able to finish out the year with the site closure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Respect ghosts and gods, but keep away from them -Confucius
pinterest.com/artisticgamer
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 04, 2019 09:14:20 AM »

Dec 19 is more than half the month! I will be swamped with holiday stuff after that time anyhow so destashing will likely end by then. Not bad timing, I am good with having this bit and the extra push to GET ON WITH THE DESTASH! Whoohoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKERS GONNA MAKE, YO!

Craftster member 2006-2020 #CraftsterFriendsForver #craftyfriendsforever

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #484 on: December 04, 2019 09:41:11 AM »

Thanks for still posting the prompts, gaudiknight, I appreciate the inspiration especially at this time of year and with this uncertainty around the future of Craftster, a little stress relieving crafting is just what the doctor ordered.

I managed to use up 5 of the 9 skeins of yarn I bought for the Weasley Sweater for Mistress Jennie last month so now I have to decide the fate of the final 4. I want to want to return them. I even put them in my car so I would have them onboard if I managed to get near the store... but then I also thought, "I have a kid now, maybe I should start making her sweaters like Mrs. Weasley would... this yarn.... welll..."

So, the stash remains fluffy and full... for now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaudiknight
« Reply #485 on: December 04, 2019 10:48:04 AM »

Dec 19 is more than half the month! I will be swamped with holiday stuff after that time anyhow so destashing will likely end by then. Not bad timing, I am good with having this bit and the extra push to GET ON WITH THE DESTASH! Whoohoo!

We've got two weeks left at this point and I intend to make the most of it.  Can I track down pics of all the stash projects I've made this year but forgot to post?  Maybe not, but lets go out with a bang anyway.

This news also comes as I am gearing up for a No-Buy Craft-Supply in 2020 so I need to find a way to document it for my own brain and accountability
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #486 on: December 04, 2019 11:59:59 AM »

We've got two weeks left at this point and I intend to make the most of it.  Can I track down pics of all the stash projects I've made this year but forgot to post?  Maybe not, but lets go out with a bang anyway.

This news also comes as I am gearing up for a No-Buy Craft-Supply in 2020 so I need to find a way to document it for my own brain and accountability

I'm going to create a word document, document photos and lists to it, then I'll just post the document to our new site whenever it's up and running. Feeling more positive that something as great as Craftster may transform but we won't let it die!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

[email protected]
http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
209/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #487 on: December 04, 2019 02:22:38 PM »

THANK YOU, gaudiknight for running this craft-along for these years! I always read and am inspired by your prompts even if I hardly even make something that qualifies!

Today I made two bottle brush tree decorations from all stash! And I have a few more lined up that will also be all or mostly stash! I need some bleach, though.  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 80
JS

** Life: an amazing adventure. Pack well. **

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 04, 2019 04:30:05 PM »

I have fabric cut for a specific tote bag to keep ready for impromptu hospital trips.  This tote has been a personal goal for quite some time.  It is a self discipline thing.  Hopefully it will be completed by the end of the month/year.

This DeStashAlong has been incredibly inspiring.  Many thanks to gaudiknight and you all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.
TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #489 on: December 04, 2019 06:52:18 PM »

I got two more stash things finished today! Over the summer I purchased a die for my Sizzix Big Shot that cuts a rectangle with holes for cross stitching! So I made several of those in a few different cardstock papers from stash to give to a couple of stitchy friends. Then I made envelopes using my Cricut and an envelope file from a card "kit" I had, also from stash papers.

I also made some needle minders from a little package of fun buttons I picked up for this purpose. I cut the shanks off and glued the layers of the buttons together, then attached the magnets - which did come from stash!

« Last Edit: December 04, 2019 06:57:03 PM by TheMistressT - Reason: End-of-life Craftster Server Error » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 80
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...