A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,572
Currently Running With Scissors:
202 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2019 Annual DeStashAlong!  (Read 20168 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
BigBangMomma
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Alaskan Grown

There is no planet B!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #380 on: June 10, 2019 05:40:47 PM »

Wow!!! $1/bolt! Way cool find.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Little Visitor Swap Rd 29: Mr. Sparkles is visiting Scotland!
                                     Hosting Nessie!
June Atc Swap:5 claimed/5 sent/4 received
Intro to Masterboard Technique Swap: Organizing and Sent!
Artist Trading Coins Rd 3: Crafting!
Jumbo ATCs: Waiting to Sign Up!
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: June 10, 2019 07:54:10 PM »

JS, you destash worse than I do but what a heck of a deal! Maybe we need a board for accumulating stash instead of for destashing. You should see the stack of paper and tools I picked up on Friday at a scrapbook convention. Makes it obvious that my paper destashing isn't going very well even though I've made a ton of cards and tags this year and last. Can't wait to see some of the goodies you make. Heck! I'd just be excited to see the fabric on the bolts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
87/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
bethntim
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 11, 2019 05:38:12 AM »

Everyone has been busy creating such lovely things!  I on the other hand ... well I sort of fell off the band wagon.  I dropped DS1 off at a friend's graduation party in another town, then went to that area's Wal-Mart to kill time.  They were clearancing some fabric.  Really, really clearancing.  A dollar per bolt.  Not per yard -- per bolt, some of which was never cut and still wrapped in plastic from shipping.  Most of the bolts that jumped into my cart had a few yards.  I'm excited to practice sewing with knit fabric, and to work on canvas (outdoor lawn cushion type).
Thankfully there is an upcoming baby shower, so I'll get to make some projects for that.

I am so doomed lol.

Y'all are cracking me up!  Someone told me WalMart was doing a huge clearance on fabrics but I had no idea it was this good of a deal!

I am not a WalMart fan but I may make an exception for those prices
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #383 on: June 11, 2019 06:20:59 AM »

Well, first it's simple irresponsible to ignore a $1/bolt sale, JS! And second, kbrison, I am with you on the paper stash accumulation! I've been into paper crafting with my Cricut for the last 11 months and so I kind of HAD to accumulate a lot of paper, right? RIGHT!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 36
BigBangMomma

Alaskan Grown

There is no planet B!

« Reply #384 on: June 11, 2019 06:26:13 AM »

My paper destash is not happening either! Since I got the Big Shot, and my local craft store is liquidating, I convinced my dh to let me get paper for Mother's Day. It was 50% off AND buy one get one free for packages of 25. I mean, if they are gonna givenit away right? I needed solid paper because I now have like 60 embossing folders....some.of those I was getting for 20 cents each!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Little Visitor Swap Rd 29: Mr. Sparkles is visiting Scotland!
                                     Hosting Nessie!
June Atc Swap:5 claimed/5 sent/4 received
Intro to Masterboard Technique Swap: Organizing and Sent!
Artist Trading Coins Rd 3: Crafting!
Jumbo ATCs: Waiting to Sign Up!
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #385 on: June 11, 2019 12:15:23 PM »

Ok, $1/bolt! I felt my jealousy rise and an urge to run, not walk, to walmart as I read that! Thank goodness the baby is napping so I couldn't run all willy nilly out the door- I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SEW!!!

(Devil on my shoulder: For a dollar a bolt you can learn! Me: But I have all that stashed fabric for "When I learn to sew." Devil: Pshhht, you can't use that- you want to SAVE that for when you already know how!")

THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #386 on: June 11, 2019 06:12:50 PM »

That store chopped their fabric section years ago here in Canada so I am safe from this mega sale, whew! Cheesy

I went out and bought some very heavy canvas the other day for a project that's going to not only use up some of my tiny bits of fabric stash but also help me organize the rest of it. It's an epic project, particularly now that I'm working a new job that leaves so little time for crafting. I'm determined to do more sewing for myself though. I deserve some beautiful hand made things created by me, that's my goal this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #387 on: June 11, 2019 06:58:06 PM »

CLM, you know how to build suspense!

I used some stash to make summer "wreaths" for our front and balcony doors (one directly above the other). The screening, notions, and initials are all from stash. The hoops purchased esp for this project, but a year ago... so, kind of stash?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 36
thanate

wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

writer/crafter/naturalist, mother, Team Oak Tree

« Reply #388 on: June 12, 2019 05:45:33 AM »

I deserve some beautiful hand made things created by me, that's my goal this year.

Definitely!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"And the moral of Pierre is 'Care'." -Maurice Sendak

Ugh, it's like Thanos, ok?  the long E is the feminine ending.  (Also, I prefer *not* to destroy the universe when possible.)
Thann-uh-tay, no "nate".
JS

** Life: an amazing adventure. Pack well. **

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 12, 2019 06:34:31 AM »

The hoop wreath is adorable!  The screening adds intrigue without blocking sunlight.  Since the hoop was purchased for this project more than *recently* ago, it qualifies as stash imho.  Which begs the question, at what point does something become "stash?"  How long does an item need to sit around unused to earn that badge?

You all are inspiring with your projects and goals!  Everyone needs and deserves something made for themselves.

I've been destashing some fleece, making tie blankets to donate to our local animal shelter.  If/when I get bored, impatient, or the arthritis kicks in, I'll switch to machine sewing them.  Here is a sampling:

And here are some pics of my recent REstashing, courtesy of a bolt clearance.  My local Wal-Mart has not had such a fab sale - yet.  Their clerks haven't heard of bolt sales, but who knows what the future holds.

Right photo:  The two prints are canvas/outdoor lawn cushion fabric.  The three solds are "Heavy Ity Matt Jersey."

The zebra fleece currently being turned into critter comfort pads/blankets; and some camo faux leather polyurethane that will undoubtedly result in colorful language as I try to manipulate it.  It would make a nice waterproof tablecloth if nothing else.

These 3 striped knits will help me learn to sew knit fabrics.  I have a pattern for a tunic top, and matching the stripes will ....... Yepper, I am doomed lol.

More fleece and canvas.

Some Oly*fun.  What have you good folks used this for?  I have a few project ideas.

The abstract June theme sounds intrigueing.  You know that "take stock of your stash" bit?  I'm holding off on that. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.

My STS Shop
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Door Decor
June 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...