A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,880
Currently Running With Scissors:
371 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2019 Nerd Battles: January 1 - December 31, 2019 ~*Join Anytime!*~  (Read 16349 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
storerboughtcreations
« Reply #210 on: November 06, 2019 12:32:57 AM »

Prompt: November - Gravy
Team: multimedia
Bonus Points: Timely
Project Name: moose lovey
Project Link: (if available)
Brief Description: I finally got back a little bit of my crafting mojo, so I made a lovey. A family friend back in Fairbanks, AK is pregnant, and I think this will go to her in a few months when she has her baby shower. This fits the prompt because the moose is on top of the blanket base.
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019 12:33:45 AM by storerboughtcreations » THIS ROCKS   Logged
roler
« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2019 12:31:27 AM »

Prompt: November - Corn
Team: Multimedia
Bonus Points: Timely, Brain Power
Project Name: Woven Placemat
Project Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=459793.0
Brief Description: This is from another craft workshop I did before leaving Japan! My parents and I each made a placemat, using looms for the first time ever!  It was really fun and relaxing, and I love my placemat! It has a kind of scratchy texture.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #212 on: November 10, 2019 05:17:26 PM »

Nice placemats! I like the colors you used! Are you leaving Japan for good, or just temporarily?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
storerboughtcreations
« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2019 12:14:15 AM »

Prompt: November - Battle - Desserts
Bonus Points: timely
Project Name: Red plaid big pumpkin
Brief Description: One of my most favorite memories of Thanksgiving with my grandma was the year we made dinner together. I stayed the night at her place so I could help do prep the night before, and we were up early the day of to start cooking. On prep night, we baked some pies. Pumpkin is my favorite, so I asked her, "This smells really good and looks just as delicious, but how do we know if it tastes as good as it smells and looks?" We had two pumpkin pies baked (I think this was the year that we had 25 people at the house), and she took a knife and cut out small circles from the middle of each pie. We got our small taste, and of course it was delicious!

The next day, grandma insisted that only her or I get the pies out to bring to the table. We hid our devious pie tasting with big dollops of whipped cream on the center of each pie. Cheesy
Project Picture:

Prompt: November - Turkey
Project Name: red plaid small pumpkin
Brief Description: I made a smaller version of the pumpkin using smaller checks. I've decided that I like the large checks on the bigger pumpkins, and the small checks on the smaller pumpkins. We will decorate our living room with these to help feel more festive.
Project Picture:
see above

Prompt: October - Nutmeg
Bonus Points:
Project Name: black and white small check pumpkin
Brief Description: I don't like how the smaller checks look on the larger pumpkins. I feel like the pattern is too busy. But I plan on using the smaller checks to make many more small pumpkins.
Project Picture:
see above

Prompt: November - Mashed Potatoes
Project Name: black and white large check pumpkin
Brief Description: This uses several different materials; yarn, polyfil, hot glue, a cork, and raffia.
Project Picture:
see above
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer
If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2019 06:12:57 AM »

craftADDchick I think your glass pumpkin is adorable but its a shame they werent properly prepared for the class. I think glass work would be so nerve wracking! I would be terrified it would break while I was making it. I love the way the pumpkin has see-thru parts to it. Your crab is a cutie. I am sure the kids will love him!

Smeddley the little troll is so cute. Reminds me of Shrek. The sewing kit is such a neat prize! Beautiful drawings too. People dont usually understand how long it takes to draw something out. The paper you use for markers is just as, if not more, important than the markers. I use Bristol board. I have a bunch of different types of marker paper but Bristol board gives me the best results. Your pumpkin came out very smooth. The Wizard is adorable! Poor little guy trapped in the snow. And I LOVE the water horses. That one is so pretty! I completely agree, majestic and awesome! Dr Pumpkin & Mr Spice is funny. You did an amazing job on all the blending and creating an amazing atmosphere for the swamp art. The acorn fabric is very cute and I like what you did with it.

Appledainty The pavlovas look great!

Storerboughtcreations That blankie is absolutely adorable! Its so hard when your mojo takes a vacation. Your friend is very lucky to get the blanket. That is the cutest story about pumpkin pie! Awe. I like that you used wine corks for the pumpkin stems too! Love the pumpkins. They are definitely festive.

Roler The placemat is nicely done. You can tell it is tightly woven and should last a LONG time. I like the colors too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...