A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,450
Currently Running With Scissors:
176 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2019 Nerd Battles: January 1 - December 31, 2019 ~*Join Anytime!*~  (Read 6822 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

madcrafter
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2019 09:55:05 AM »

Research Project Name: Butterfly Chair
Team: Wordy
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: This project is a square black chair for Chair-ity.  The chair is medium sized and wood with cushions in black.  For this project I intend to embroider the chair back with a dandelion in the lower left corner and add stumpwork butterflies.  I estimate that the project will take about 50 hours and it is due April 10th.

Thanks for the support I'm going to need it!

Madcrafter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Stop by my blog and say hi!
http://ravingsofamadcrafter.blogspot.com/
appledainty
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2019 04:58:09 PM »

Research Project Name: The Pathos of Things - Spring (Mini)
Team: Randomizer
Bonus Points: Brain Power, Community
Project Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=457608.0
Brief Description: Second finished piece in my collection The Pathos of Things, in the theme of Spring. Features an iridescent blue butterfly and branch of cherry blossoms. The hairpin slides into the canvas so it can be displayed when not being worn.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2019 07:20:57 AM »

So sorry for the project dump. It's been a crazy busy month. Promise I'll come back and comment and I'll keep up better next month!

Prompt: Battle FEB - Console
Team: Wordy!
Bonus Points: Timely
Project Name: Alien Bowl Cozies
Project Link: (if available)
Brief Description: Nothing was better than sitting in front of the big TV in the living room, cereal bowl in hand, and watching my sister play Nintendo as a kid. Well, except for my turn. LOL! I saw this fabric and knew it was the perfect one for my own bowl cozy at work. When my friend saw it she loved it so she got one too. Now I have two people waiting for the next time I feel like sewing to make them some as well. These things are popular. Better hurry before the weather gets warm I guess.  
Project Picture:

Prompt: Atari vs Kalekovision
Bonus Points: Swaptastic, Timely
Project Name: Elephant Mug Rug
Brief Description: I made this for a swap with JoyfulClover. We met in person last weekend and exchanged gifts. She is AWESOME btw! I learned how to do the borders by watching a YouTube video. I never do that. I should more often. Still need to practice but it came out much better than my last try. The elephant was drawn with Intense pencils and alcohol inks.
Project Picture:

Prompt: NES vs Sega
Project Name: Rosemary Drawing
Brief Description: I made this for the Good Little Things swap. My partner liked artwork and plants. This will be my alphabet M & O.
Project Picture:

Prompt: Playstation vs Nintendo 64
Project Name: Elephant bookmark
Brief Description: This was also made for my meet up with JoyfulClover. She loves elephants so I made this bookmark for her. The elephant charm is 3-D.
Project Picture:

Prompt: Xbox vs. GameCube
Bonus Points:  Swaptastic, Timely
Project Name: Striped Storage Pod
Brief Description: I found this free pattern on-line. It was easy enough that I am thinking of possibly doing a swap where we make it and fill it for each other. What do you think? I love the way it turned out and that it is useful. I need to make a couple for my doodads at work that keep cluttering up my desk.
Project Picture:

Prompt: Wii vs Game Boy
Project Name: ATC Coins
Brief Description: Some people might consider trading ATCoins or ATCs as a novelty. I joined the last swap and these were my offerings. They will be my N & Y in the Alphabet
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: February 26, 2019 07:34:16 AM by gozer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2019 07:24:57 PM »

Prompt: February Battle - Console
Team: Textbook
Project Name: Mini Joust
Brief Description: Technically Joust was originally an arcade game, but it was also ported to the Atari early on, so I'm going with console!  This was a present for my husband for his birthday... I mean, I got him the mini-arcade cabinet for the actual present, but there's no way I was going to wrap that.  So I made him a mini-version to put in a box and wrap!
Project Picture:

Prompt: February Free Range 1
Project Name: Art!
Brief Description: I started a mini Garmin workout group (work started one, but they weren't giving us challenges, so I started a small subset group) and I am going to make badges for people who complete my challenges, and this is the first cartoon for the badges I drew!
Project Picture:

Prompt: February Free Range 2
Project Name: Art!
Brief Description: I started a mini Garmin workout group (work started one, but they weren't giving us challenges, so I started a small subset group) and I am going to make badges for people who complete my challenges, and this is the second cartoon for the badges I drew!
Project Picture:

I'm sorry I've been so absent, but all this walking is exhausting me and I need to go fall face-down in bed, now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
storerboughtcreations
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2019 07:58:14 PM »

Prompt: Big Time
Team: multimedia
Bonus Points:
Project Name: another sloth appliqu
Brief Description: QueenHobo made me the blanket, which I got when I saw her last week. Im sure shell be posting it as one of her prompts later. I made another brown sloth (pictured top left on the blanket) facing the opposite direction, and attached both to the blanket. It took FOREVER to attach because I went between the stitches on the blanket so that you cant see where I attached the appliqus on the back, but it was worth the effort. Thank you sis! I love my blanket <3
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019 07:59:03 PM by storerboughtcreations - Reason: Forgot to add photo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
QueenHobo
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2019 08:53:24 PM »

Prompt: February - Battle - PC
Bonus Points: timely
Project Name: yellow shawl
Brief Description: I often use my computer or phone to read patterns, so I went with PC.
Project Picture:

Prompt: February - PlayStation vs Nintendo 64
Project Name: Raggedy Ann
Brief Description: I made this for Grumpy Frog. She loves it! A doll is 3D
Project Picture:

Prompt: February - NES vs Sega Genesis
Project Name: Unicorn lovey
Brief Description: I made this lovey for Beast Jr's teacher, who is expecting a baby in April. She was excited to receive it.
Project Picture:

Prompt: February - Atari vs KaleakoVision
Project Name: Seahawks drawing
Brief Description: I normally use turpentine with oil pastels, but this time I used baby oil, which is new to me.
Project Picture:

Bonus Points:
Project Name: Green shell blanket
Brief Description: I made this blanket for sbc.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2019 10:01:08 AM »

Prompt: March Dying Slave
Team: Wordy!!
Bonus Points: Brain Power, Timely
Project Name: Cornice painting
Brief Description: My sister moved into my Grandparents house when they passed away and my Grandma was obsessed with pink. There entire living room was pink. The walls, the carpet, the curtains, the cornices. My sister had painted the walls years ago but she didnt know what to do with the cornices since they were secured into the plaster walls and her husband liked them. For Christmas I bought her several bottles of different types of fabric paint and we settled on one and I mixed up the paint and we painted her cornices. It took three coats and they stayed on the walls. Our arms were killing us! But I think they turned out really well. Before and After pictures and the small one was before we started the second coat.
 Like Michelangelo, we had to paint them while they were on the walls.
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: March 01, 2019 10:54:36 AM by gozer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2019 10:40:09 AM »

Sorry for being absent on here. I am trying to keep up with the prompts but I havent kept up with commenting. I am going to go back to page 7 and start from there. Sorry if I missed you. I have enjoyed looking at all the projects. I just havent had as much time.
 Also, can I please delete my sisters living room as a Research Project? I helped her do the Cornices and then she took off work and finished the rest of it so I didnt put as much time into it as I planned. Thanks!

Appledainty Pathos of Things Autumn is really pretty. The cicada is wonderful. I like your new techniques! The Pathos of Things Spring is even more beautiful. Your best work yet! Love the colors and soft tones.

Acadian Driftwood The headphone revamp looks impossible to me. A couple years ago I went thru a phase where I really wanted to make friendship bracelets. I tried and tried and well, you never saw any posted for a reason. I absolutely sucked at them. The headphones are mind blowing to me and I love that you did the 1 markers. So smart! Your bracelet is perfect too! Every stitch looks great. I am in awe. The Moth is beautiful too! Was it hand embroidered or by machine? It looks amazing. The January embroidery is stunning. Reminds me of a quilt my Nana made for my parents. I would always stare at it. I love the contrasting colors on the February one. The knob extenders are such a neat idea. Love the blocks! And what a fun little guy to run into while on a walk.

Tanath Love the mash up of the holidays and religion for the tree. Hope your daughter got a good grade. I gave up coffee over a year ago and STILL crave it. Those cookie would have been amazing to me no matter what you say. Sandy coffee? Bring it on! LOL! The ring is very cute. I did bead work once. That would have taken me 5 hours easy. Ha! You must be a pro! My favorite silver ring is the top on your ring finger.

Madcrafter Very pretty embroidered heart. Cool bag to go with it too. Those mice are adorable. They would be cute in a Christmas setting. Lovely chair.

Smeddley the fighting cookies are hilarious! Love the idea and you have a great sense of humor! Love your blood drops too. Youve really made them your own with all the customizing.  Love the artwork. Its so serine and beautiful! Lovely shading. Everyone can use a re-usable shopping bag. That fabric is marvelous. Hilarious safety vest. Love it! Super cool little arcade. Love your drawings for the badges! I like the guy the best. His face is precious.

Storerboughtcreations The Pac-man arcade is so cool! Great memories too. Did you make up the pattern? It rocks. Love the Tetris heart. My sister has the arcade game in her house. We had to turn off the music because every time it would sing out one of us would walk over and start mindlessly playing. Ha! Never heard of the game Binding of Isaac but your character is cute, even if he is crying. That is a very fun luggage tag too! Very sweet of you to make the trivets too. They look retro and cool. Your sloths are insanely cute. I love that you put them on the blanket. They work perfectly. Looks like they are hanging out in the trees.

Roler the controller magnet is really cool. Any gamer would adore it!

QueenHobo That shawl is so pretty. I really like the stitches that you used. Your Raggedy Ann doll is precious and looks like she is going to be well loved. I love unicorns so that little blanket is amazing. Love the colors you used too. Ive never used baby oil with oil pastels before. Its been so long since I have used oil pastels. I think you did a great job. Love the variegated color of that blanket. Is it considered variegated if its one color in different shades? I dont know, but I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JoyfulClover

Live long and prosper

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2019 04:37:08 PM »

gozer this is hard-core awesome. I love the color and fabric of cornices  and drapes are beautiful.

\m/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
appledainty
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2019 06:37:22 AM »

Team: Randomizer
Project Name: Dark Lilac Comb
Brief Description: This took about 11.5 hours over two weeks to finish. I'm really proud of how it turned out. It's going to be the basis for a larger project later on. Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around
Meatless Monday: Cinnamon Pecan Scones

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...