A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
195 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2019 Nerd Battles: January 1 - December 31, 2019 ~*Join Anytime!*~  (Read 6895 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2019 10:52:43 AM »

Research Project Name: Sisters living room redo
Team: Wordy!
Brief Description: I am helping my sister redo her living room. It's turning into more work than I anticipated so I am going to make it into a Research Project since a lot of my time will be helping her. We are painting her curtain cornices with fabric paint (two coats) and painting her entire huge room. Also, I am going to be pinch pleating 6 panels of curtains.

PS. I have almost completed the research project on my storage room, I just need to find the before pictures. Pretty sure they are on the Craftster photo sharing so I should be turning that in soon hopefully. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

appledainty
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2019 03:04:09 PM »

Research Project Name: The Pathos of Things - Autumn (Mini)
Team: Randomizer
Bonus Points: Brain Power, Community
Project Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=457284.0
Brief Description: Took a little less than three weeks, but definitely more than 20 hours since I proposed it; I have deadlines coming up, so I've been dedicating a lot less time to games and a lot more time to art. Time well spent, I think. This piece features my first attempt at using holofilm, which I used on the cicada's wings. It's also my first attempt at creating lacquer-ware effect on canvas, applying tsumami craft to canvas, and the fist time I've done any kind of painting for the better part of a decade. Phew!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2019 06:05:22 AM »

Prompt: Battle January - Crossover
Bonus Points: Timely + Swaptastic
Project Name: Mushroom Bowl Cozies
Project Link: (if available)
Brief Description: I made these for the Good Little Things swap. The mushrooms are crossing over from something you eat to something that holds what you eat! (I had to try really hard on this explanation) Tongue I'm using my partners pic since I forgot to take one.

Prompt: Battle January Free Range #1
Project Name: Mushroom Box
Brief Description: I am trying to branch out from the normal, safe crafts I have gotten in the habit of making. I worry so much about disappointing my partner that I feel I have lost a lot of the creativity that I started off with here. So, I took a gander at embellishing a box. Granted, its not great but its a beginning.

Prompt: Battle January Free Range #2
Project Name: Mushroom Kitchen Towels
Brief Description: I was going for something useful with this item. I thought the mushroom fabric worked with the brown stripe on the towel and that made it easier to line up too!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

appledainty
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2019 02:54:06 PM »

gozer: The box is super cute! I'm sure your partner is thrilled. Smiley You put so much thought and attention to detail into your work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2019 04:34:09 PM »

Prompt: January Battle - Crack
Team: Wordy
Bonus Points: Timely
Project Name: Headphone Revamp
Project Link: -
Brief Description: I knotted embroidery floss around the cords of these headphones friendship-bracelet style! The alternating color sections are exactly one inch long, so I can use them to measure in a pinch at work. I'm putting this in the Crack category because it's ridiculous to spend two hours prettifying a $5 pair of earbuds - they're probably going to break on me in a month! But in the mean time, they won't tangle as much and they'll make me happy, like a good crack fic.  Grin
Project Picture:

Prompt: Big Time #1
Team: Wordy
Bonus Points: Community
Project Name: Luna Moth Shirt
Project Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=457310.0
Brief Description: A big luna moth I embroidered on the back of my shirt! Took over 20 hours.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2019 05:46:31 PM »

Lb&b thanks for the comment!

gozer the mushroom fabric is so gooooood where did you get it please?? And thanks for the comment!

sbc thanks for the comment! Like you, I am going to try to comment more on people's projects. I would get overwhelmed trying to comment about all the lovely things here, but I know a few words here and there are still appreciated. Your Snoopy looks absolutely perfect!

LM, I love the fabrics you chose for the pillowcases and the whole gift buffet looks very inviting! And thanks for the comments!

madcrafter that scorpion is super cool! I would display that in my house for sure.

roler, great to have you back! Beautiful work on the keychain, what a fun thing to have a craft station at the airport.

QH, the little bee is darling!

apple, I'm excited to see your next Critical Role project! I've been catching up slowly on campaign 2 as I craft, and I saw some of your art during the break! The autumn canvas is incredible, I'm going to have to comment on the main post too.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2019 12:06:29 PM »

Acadian Driftwood I got it from Etsy. The seller I got it from is out now but its by Dear Stella. "Mushrooms" in the Natural History collection. I checked and one other stores has it still available.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/649078732/dear-stella-rae-ritchie-natural-history?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=Dear+Stella%2C+mushrooms&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1

You could probably get it other places too. I thought it was really cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2019 01:57:35 PM »

Thank you gozer, it's now on my to-buy list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

appledainty
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2019 06:00:21 PM »

Acadian Driftwood: That luna moth is fantastic! It makes me want to do more embroidery. I picked up a shirt a while ago with the intention, but never got around to it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanath
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2019 03:40:22 PM »

Ok, here goes. Jumping back in, hopefully I'll get more done this year Smiley
The new format of the game is very interesting, I wish everyone a very crafty year.
Sadly, my images refuse to rotate, so sorry in advance for any neck issues.

Prompt: January Battle Royale - Crossover
Team: Fandom
Project Name: Math tree
Project Link:
Brief Description:
Tu BiShvat is a Jewish holiday, celebrating nature. It's also called the New Year of the Trees.
To celebrate the holiday and tie it in with some of the current material studied in my daughter's class, we were asked to create a tree with math questions on it. My daughter is currently fascinated by Christmas trees, so she asked that we craft one.
So, the crossover here is a Christian symbol, the Christmas tree, celebrating a Jewish holiday.
Made from stash materials only.
Project Picture (was snapped in the middle of the night, in the morning the tree already went to school):

Prompt: January Coffee Shop AU
Project Name: Coffee Cookies
Project Link:
Brief Description:
These cookies have coffee in them, and cookies always go well with coffee. I tried a new to me recipe. I'm happy that I read the comments before starting, as I had to make some adjustments. The recipe called for one egg, but that gave me some very fun sand to play with, instead of cookie dough. Had to add another egg. The cookies turned out just ok, not amazing. I might have left them in the oven a minute too long.
Project Picture:

Prompt: January Drabble
Project Name: Heart Ring
Project Link:
Brief Description:
Rings are small, and I've made a lot of this type of ring, so it's very simple for me to make. Such a ring takes me between half an hour to an hour to make.
Project Picture:

Prompt: January Series
Project Name: Heart Rings
Project Link:
Brief Description:
I was asked to make a heart ring in silver, with no other colors. Just silver by itself doesn't work for this specific design, so I made a few rings to test out different combinations. Still haven't found one I'm happy with.
Project Picture (I didn't cut the strings as I might take them apart):
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- Start at the beginning, and when you come to the end, stop! - Alice in Wonderland
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around
Meatless Monday: Cinnamon Pecan Scones

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...