A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 322,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
305 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2019 Nerd Battles: January 1 - December 31, 2019 ~*Join Anytime!*~  (Read 2140 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

appledainty
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2019 11:32:31 AM »

madcrafter: Very pretty! Braiding is so fascinating, and I love the peacock colored beads.

Prompt: Big Time
Team: Randomizer
Bonus Points: Community, Swaptastic, Brain Power
Project Name: Resin Peony & Cherry Blossom Kanzashi
Project Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=457125.msg5514284
Brief Description: I did this new kanzashi for an art trade with a friend from University. I used a new resin material! It was a total pain, but I figured it out in the end. I'm excited to work with resin again, but also relieved that my trade piece is done. I am notoriously slow so finishing things is always a relief. XD
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019 12:46:02 PM by appledainty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

madcrafter
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2019 08:01:01 PM »

Prompt: Big time project - January
Team:Wordy
Bonus Points: N/A
Project Name:Tea for Two Scherenschnitte
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: This project is not my pattern but I did cut it.  It was in excess of 5 hours mostly because of the lettering, which is never easy to cut.  This project was cut using a knife.  It was supposed to go to a charity auction but it wasn't finished in time.
Project Picture:

Thanks for looking
Madcrafter
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019 08:59:53 PM by madcrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Stop by my blog and say hi!
http://ravingsofamadcrafter.blogspot.com/
Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2019 12:07:48 PM »

craftADD, those bowl cozies look great! I love the fruit fabric especially.

sbc, thank you for the comments!

Mountains, thank you for the comments!

gozer, thank you for the comments! You're welcome to use the bookmark idea - it's very simple but also enjoyable. I'd love to see your take on it! One drawing a week sounds like a great challenge. I always like to see your art.

apple, the blue bridal set is gorgeous! I'm definitely thinking about commissioning you when I get married.  Cheesy

madcrafter, that wirework is so pretty! yay for team Wordy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2019 12:49:42 PM »

Prompt: January - Hurt/Comfort
Team: Wordy
Bonus Points: Timely
Project Name: Yoga Mat Bag
Project Link: -
Brief Description: I made this bag for my dad! We took beginner yoga classes last winter and had a great time. In this project, I tackled the buttonhole stitch on my machine. I had so much trouble with it before, could not get it to do what I wanted! I think I have it figured out now though, even if they're a bit uneven. 
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

I'm so squishy!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2019 04:36:18 AM »

The fabric is beautiful!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
ETSY SHOP: www.etsy.com/shop/LadybuggirlCrafts
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

Too blessed to be stressed! Smiley
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2019 06:03:05 AM »

Prompt: January - Hurt
Team: Wordy!!
Bonus Points: Timely
Project Name: Co-Workers Bowl Cozies
Project Link: (if available)
Brief Description: Just like CraftADDchick, I think that bowl cozies are the perfect item for someone under the weather. Or, for me, when the weather is under freezing!  It's super cold here right now and everyone at work has been using the microwaves because they want something warm on such cold days. I was telling a friend I needed to make a bowl cozy for another friend for her birthday and two of my co-workers asked me to make them one as well. They are sweet ladies so I agreed. This should keep them warmer and if they use chicken noodle soup, hopefully from getting the dreaded cold. Also, I got that awesome handmade tie dye fern fabric from LeapFeetFirst who got it in a swap from sloth003. Just wanted to give credit. I love that fabric and am excited that I will get to see it everyday (at least in the winter).
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2019 06:13:53 AM »

Appledainty I love the idea of a New Years portrait. You look like you were having a good time. The Bridal Kanzashi set is absolutely stunning! I bet it looked amazing on the bride. The petals going down to the bells look like upside down hearts. Your sculpture is fantastic too. I am sure your cousin was very happy. The new technique resin flower is beautiful. Love the translucent looks of it!

Madcrafter the bracelet is beautiful! I love the colors you used. The Scherenschnitte is very cool too. I would never have the patience or talent for that. Dont forget to claim your TIMELY bonus points! Also, if you post it up on the boards so you can get Community points. Its very pretty. You should let the rest of Craftster see it too!

Arcadian Driftwood I agree with LBBB, the fabric is beautiful. It works great for the mat bag. I love the way you did the drawstring! Its very clean and professional looking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

storerboughtcreations
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2019 06:34:02 AM »

gozer I am so impressed by your drawing and coloring skills. I haven't taken an art class since I was 12 years old. I wish I'd taken a few in college. My drawing forte is stick people :p Your bowl cozies use such fun fabric. They all look great! It's been cooler in AZ lately, which has been feeling great! It was 102F warmer here than it was in Fairbanks, AK the other day where my parents live. It was a wonderful 60 here, and -42 there. I'd much rather have our current weather. Smiley

appledainty I am also impressed by your drawing skills. Your self portrait looks great! What I saw of your blue cherry blossoms as I quickly scrolled past the butterflies is very pretty! Is that bead work? Your Nine-Tailed Kitsune & Kit Sculpture turned out lovely! I hope your cousin loves it, and I'm glad you were able to repair it after it fell! Congratulations on finishing the first research project of the 2019 season! The resin flowers you made look so real! I love it!

madcrafter That bracelet is amazing! You hand cut the entire tea for two project? WOW! It turned out great!

Acadian Driftwood The fabric you used is gorgeous! And kudos to you for learning how to use the buttonhole maker on your machine. I haven't tried that function yet. Maybe I'll watch a few YouTube videos and try a simple project soon.

I decided that for my New Year's resolution, I would try to comment more on projects everyone submits. I am notoriously bad at it, so I'm trying really hard to remember to stop in and leave a few words. So far so good, but we're only about 1/24 through the 2019 season, so we'll see if I can keep this up. :p
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019 06:48:16 AM by storerboughtcreations » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2019 11:36:46 AM »

Prompt: Big Time #1
Team: Wordy!!
Bonus Points: Community
Project Name: Golden Cat Coneflower Crossbody Bag
Project Link: Prompt: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=457139.0
Brief Description: This was made for my Mom for Christmas. I made her the last bag that she was carrying years and years ago and it was way past time to make her a new one. She really liked it. Took me well over 5 hours to cut out and sew.
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019 05:39:50 AM by gozer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator
Crafting for Good Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2019 11:21:00 AM »

storerboughtcreations - Adorable little hat!  I love it.  Delicious looking food, and that doll is AWESOME!  Is the Santa ornament made with plastic canvas?  I have such a soft spot for those types of ornaments.

gozer - Beautiful art work, as always!  I love those necklaces; how cool to incorporate fabric.  Those bowl cozies look perfect.  I <3 yours and bunny's friendship. Smiley  That cat bag is excellent.  You always do such great fabric combos!

bunny1kenobi - That's such a great variety of pretty jewelry!

craftADDchick - Excellent coffee cozies.  That shawl is really beautiful, and I love all of those bowl holders.

Acadian Driftwood - That persist pillow is fantastic.  Love those spice collections, what a good idea!  Those book marks are super cool, and the fabric cranes are wonderful.  Another cute idea!  I love that yoga mat bag!  Pretty fabric.

appledainty - That self portrait is awesome!  Beautiful jewelry, and love that prompt interpretation!  Fantastic poly clay and resin work!  Wow!  Cool!

madcrafter - Super cool bracelet!  I've done a lot of kumihimo, but never with metal.  It looks awesome!  Beautiful paper cutting as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Cauliflower Spinach Puree
@Home This Weekend: Bowl Cozies
January 16, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...