A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
269 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harley Quinn Deadpool Heart Blanket  (Read 739 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
CraftyMamaBee
Creative Mom

Crafting Since 1982

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 10, 2018 04:28:20 PM »

First off I don't think I have posted on here in over a year! That's crazy to think! But this fall my Best Friend, whom I call my #2 moved from Southern California to Alabama... the move has been hard on us both. I wanted to make her something not only as a House Warming but also for Christmas. I had NEVER done C2C crochet and thought it couldn't be too hard (Which it isn't!)... I used Pinterest and found this pattern by TwoMagicPixels that was a heart with Harley Quinn and Deadpool.. (her and her husband's favorite characters). Their new home had a theatre room that was red (for Crimson Tide, but they decorated in Harley and Deadpool)

What I didn't expect was for how big it would end up being. It is sitting on top of my Cal King bed in the photo. For a starting C2C pattern it was great because there were only 3 colors and they tended to be in large groupings. It took about a month to make. I listened to many books on tape while working on this project and listened to Alien Vs. Predator on the TV probably 10 times! I don't want to see red, black, or white yarn for awhile right now.

Although it took forever I couldn't not share it because I can't show her until she gets it in the mail and she's not on here! I really like the C2C style and will probably do more of them in the future because really you can take any cross stitch pattern and made it into Corner 2 Corner!

Thanks for checking it out! I had to share it somewhere it would be appreciated!
It was made with Red Heart Super Saver Yarn. Which made it very cost effective because I used ALOT of yarn! Thank God for Jumbo Super Saver Skeins!
The pattern can be found here ... http://www.twomagicpixels.com/harley-quinn-deadpool-heart-crochet-blanket-pattern-c2c-cross-stitch-graph-pdf-download-no-written-counts-or-row-by-row-instructions
THIS ROCKS   Logged
curiousfae

mecca-lecca-hi mecca-hiney-ho!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018 04:43:16 PM »

I am utterly blown away! This is so good. I've always been intimidated by C2C...you rocked it!

And your story is so sweet. What a great gift for a friend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bethntim
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018 07:39:16 AM »

That is amazing!  You are a wonderful friend!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018 08:29:04 AM »

Oh Beck, that is amazing! I tried my hand at C2C and although it isn't too hard, I made many mistakes... It takes a lot of counting.

The gift is fantastic, you are a true friend.

This rocks! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...