A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,235
Currently Running With Scissors:
158 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Site functionality issues? (feedback, PM outboxes, etc)  (Read 1897 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

thanate
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

writer/crafter/naturalist, mother, Team Oak Tree

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 09, 2018 05:53:47 PM »

A few of us on the swap boards have been noticing some site functionality issues recently, and I know a bunch of helpdesk tickets have been opened, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere official to check in on the status of what's going on.  

Things I know that aren't loading/working properly include:  
*Feedback system
*PM outboxes
*Image rotation
*adding buddies (not actually a problem)
*Moving threads to new boards (thanks, geekgirl1000100)

Are there more of these?  Are they related?  What do I do about the swap I'm starting at the end of the week if I can't officially sign up half the participants, not to mention everyone waiting on feedback from finished swaps?

Any updates greatly appreciated!

Administrator Comment
Official site updates posted here as we have them available https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=456791.0
Reply on that thread or click Notify to receive thread updates.  Thank you!! --sweets4ever
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019 09:13:02 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"And the Moral of Pierre is: Care"-Maurice Sendak

Ugh, it's like Thanos, ok?  the long E is the feminine ending.  (Also, I prefer *not* to destroy the universe when possible.)
Thann-uh-tay, no "nate".

Read more!(sometimes I write stuff)
JoyfulClover

Live long and prosper

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018 06:30:40 PM »

I want to second the feedback matter, as I submitted a ticket as well. craftylittlemonkey requested feedback (positive - great swapper!) to sign up for another swap. And thanate is also at 5, and based on this post also needs feedback (positive - great swapper!).

Can this be done by a mod while the matter resolves? Or can the 5 swap rule be waved temporarily?

I have a few others as well, and can PM if needed, but these were the most urgent. By posting details I'm hoping it will help if y'all have back-end access.

Thanks for posting, thanate!
JClove
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018 09:47:16 AM »

Hey there!  The outbox + feedback system was reported to me, but I don't see any tickets for image rotation & buddies.  Let me add those to my ticket to tech right now!

I reported the earlier issues to them on December 5, though.  I believe they were related to a site update they rolled out that day.  Checking in with them right now for an update, and I'll pass it along as soon as I have it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018 09:49:21 AM »

I want to second the feedback matter, as I submitted a ticket as well. craftylittlemonkey requested feedback (positive - great swapper!) to sign up for another swap. And thanate is also at 5, and based on this post also needs feedback (positive - great swapper!).

Can this be done by a mod while the matter resolves? Or can the 5 swap rule be waved temporarily?

I have a few others as well, and can PM if needed, but these were the most urgent. By posting details I'm hoping it will help if y'all have back-end access.

Thanks for posting, thanate!
JClove

I will ping the Swap Moderators to answer this for ya!  I don't want to answer for them.  They don't send me holiday treats when I do that. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018 09:56:46 AM »

thanate, when you have a moment, could you detail the Buddies issue for me, please?  I just tried adding you and it appears to be working, but I might not be trying to reproduce the correct issue.  Thank you for your help!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018 09:56:59 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018 10:47:57 AM »

I haven't been able to rotate images for days, cell phone & computer are the same. Click the button & get a blank page that just never goes anywhere.

I was wondering if there was an update or some other tweaking. Maybe it's an extra step to make an announcement when that happens but it could give peeps a quick answer to unexpected site issues if there was a head's up? I know I would just chalk issues up to that if I knew there was scheduled maintenance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018 11:30:57 AM »

I was wondering if there was an update or some other tweaking. Maybe it's an extra step to make an announcement when that happens but it could give peeps a quick answer to unexpected site issues if there was a head's up? I know I would just chalk issues up to that if I knew there was scheduled maintenance.

I probably could, but I'm not sure if it would actually be beneficial, or just a flurry of spam to most people. Cheesy  We release a lot of updates and patches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018 11:32:24 AM »

Plus, I really do need you guys to report these issues! Smiley  I'd rather people report them then just hope it works itself out after a release.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018 11:57:00 AM »

Aha, totally get you.
Alternately, would it be possible to put a link or info somewhere on how to submit a help-desk ticket? In all my time here I have never come across that and have no idea how it's done. It's mentioned here or there but ... no link. I confess I send messages to the lovely Pam who is always so gracious about helping out (she rotated my photos for me the other day, the absolute DOLL!). I know that's not how to do it but it's an excuse to chat with her so I do, naughty naughty Cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018 12:02:06 PM »

To be fair, I often make up excuses to chat with her, too. Cheesy

If you scroll alllll the way up to the top of the screen, you'll see "Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map"

Click Help then HELP DESK.

Or here's a direct link for ya!  http://helpdesk.craftster.org/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
February 13, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Reusable Shopping Bag

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...