A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
210 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Winter Book Swap Gallery  (Read 5819 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
anna.wahnsinn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2018 12:56:21 PM »

anna.wahnsinn - I am so happy you liked the book choice, I love this series so much and was very happy to be able to share it with someone else.

The only annoying thing is that one book had a different spine arrangement! They came as a set, so not sure why the one is different!!  Sad

Don't worry about that spine! All of my favourite book series come in different versions, that's just how it goes (Discworld, Mercy Thompson, to name just a couple) so why would this one be any different? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2018 01:26:26 PM »

I just realized I havent been posting responses on here. Silly me. I have been stalking and drooling over all the books and chocolate but forgot to write it down. Oops! Here it is. Better late than never.

Dinkime those books look very interesting and I love that hoopla. The books to fill are very cool too.

Tapestrymlp That what if book looks so interesting. I might have to pick it up! The Nancy Drew art is wonderful.

Zcrafter The bookmarks are wonderful and I love that you included her pup in on the gifting.

Kittykill Love the embroidered chick! I always love seeing your embroidery. Its always so wonderful. For some reason I read Liquor chocolates. LOL! I kept thinking, Wow. I reread and see that its Lindor. Those are just as tasty.

Thanate Oooh! That embroidered sewing bookmark is awesome! It remind me of the bat you made me, which I love. Very, very cool!

ChameleonHound You get bonus points from me for wrapping everything in that awesome fabric! Love the bottom one. Very pretty mug cozy too.

Seeuude That red paper looks amazing. Love it. I am also a huge sucker for a mug and that one looks very fun. You sent a lot of books! Love that each one go tits own bookmark too!

Quaggy So glad it wasnt lost! The pillow is an awesome idea for reading. I normally snuggle against one on my couch. Love the bookmarks. And all that candy and chocolate. You really did spoil her!

MariaK The bookmarks are wonderful and I like your book selection. I read Heartless this past year and enjoyed it a lot. The cat caf one looks adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xTroublex
Dharma bum

Fly or fall

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2018 03:41:39 PM »

My package arrived!  The chocolate made it through photos, but not much longer...just in time for me to cram for Calc 2!  

Thanks for the awesome package, Rosie1981!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018 03:16:10 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2018 04:44:29 PM »

Words in Deep Blue? oh my! that sounds delightful! I am slightly ever so fond of blue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emilywilde
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2018 07:29:07 PM »

Ok wow the gallery has really blown up! I am busy making notes on books to read too. The abilty of an organier to match partners is uncanny at times, and my partner and I are no exception, although I dont want to say any more until Cadet receives.
Heres the book, one Ive been really hoping for since the series came out on Netflix, The haunting of Hill House.

I grew up reading Stephen King, and this little hoopla is perfect. One of the spines says King.

Love the book and hoopla ( and chocolates), thanks Cadet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wizards_Pupil
Flying solo and Free

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2018 08:18:38 AM »

The Haunting of Hill House is my absolute favorite haunted house story. It's such an incredibly atmospheric story Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." -J. R. R. Tolkien
"But as for me, I will always have hope." Psalm 71
Courage, dear heart.  - C.S. Lewis
Pinterest
Goodreads
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2018 09:31:54 AM »

I received a lovely package from calluna!

For books she sent The Ocean at the End of the Lane and a guide to the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J. R. Ward.  She also included one of my favorite chocolates ever, Ritter Sport's dark chocolate filled with marzipan.  Goodness I love marzipan....  ::sigh::  And a beautiful hand painted bookmark, with a picture of what I believe is my own dog, Astrid Marzipan Pugglesworth-Ingram, (who chose to hyphenate when she joined our family, and whose middle name is an ode to one of my aforementioned favorite sweet treats).

Here's a detail of the bookmark.  The book she's reading is The Lovely Bones, and on the side it says "With each passing page she became more convinced that she had not in fact found a cookbook and that there would be no pictures."  

She also included some lovely extras.  Vintage Strawberry Shortcake doll friends, Blueberry Muffin and Raspberry Torte, and some clothes for what I'm guessing are Huckleberry Pie and Lemon Chiffon?

And a fold-up reusable shopping bag and some sea glass.  Everything came wrapped up in fun sparkly fabrics, but I forgot to get a pic before unwrapping everything.

Thank you calluna!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018 12:10:46 PM by Mistress Jennie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patraw

I make all of my dough by at yeast leaven o'clock!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2018 10:12:57 AM »

Great bookmark and quote, but, I gotta be honest, the Strawberry Shortcake girls/clothing are what made me stop and read. Cheesy  Wonderful haul!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thanate

wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

writer/crafter/naturalist, mother, Team Oak Tree

« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2018 10:14:28 AM »

Ok, I definitely need to add marzipan and cookie dough to my list of preferred chocolate fillings!  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hosting OWS 154. Come join us! Smiley

Ugh, it's like Thanos, ok?  the long E is the feminine ending.  (Also, I prefer *not* to destroy the universe when possible.)
Thann-uh-tay, no "nate".
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2018 01:10:03 PM »

That bookmark is hilarious and awesome!

Got my wonderful package from Leapfeetfirst yesterday. I was blown away. She truly outdid herself!
 I had to laugh because I made the comment about loving that ChameleonHound wrapped her stuff in fabric and mine was too! See how pretty it looked!

I am going to use those fabrics. They were so beautiful. Did you hand stamp some of them LeapFeetFirst? They are amazing. I have so many ideas on what to make with them. Very inspiring and beautiful!

She also sent me these wonderful bookmarks. I collect bookmarks and these are fantastic. They are made with handspun yarn and monoprinted paper that she also made. They have an amazing texture. I love them! I can't express how cool they are in your hand.

She also sent FOUR books. Yes, I was majorly spoiled. I have never read anything by Neil Gaiman so I am excited to try that out. Also, I have been dying to read Sometimes I Lie for a while now! So excited to get that one. She said Strange the Dreamer was her favorite book of the year so it has to be a good pick. And Vampire Academy because I am a sucker (get it) for easy teen reads!

Last but not least. Some super yummy chocolate!

Thank you so much! This was such a fun swap. I can't wait for the Christmas break so I can hibernate and read all day!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Give Me a Hand
Tute Tuesday: Stumpwork
Meatless Monday: Risotto

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...