A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
155 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Postal strike in Canada  (Read 265 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 17, 2018 04:02:12 AM »

Just in case anyone was not aware, but there has been an ongoing postal strike in Canada, with rotating strike action.  The union just rejected the latest offer (well, they have until midnight tonight) and there is no end in site.  The Federal government did hint they may step in to stop the job action, but have not made any definitive moves as yet.

On saying that, there are at present over 600 shipping containers that are parked at various depots that have not been unpacked, and Canada Post has asked their international partners to stop sending packages to Canada until they have it sorted out.  Wonderful.

Mail delivery is still happening, but it is erratic to say the least.

Therefore, if you are ordering supplies - as I have - don't expect it in a timely manner if you are Canadian, unless you are using a private shipper or something not dependent on Canada Post as the end delivery system.  You may have to go to in person to a store if you need something ASAP, otherwise.

If you are waiting for a Canadian partner to receive something - well, it may be delayed.... for awhile... a long long while...

Here is the link to Canada Post for updated messages if anyone needs it

If you are a Canadian shipping out, or are a partner of a Canadian, there are smaller shippers who do not depend on Canada Post - I use ChitChats Express for one example, and the services I use are not affected by the strike, at least not for the shipping out of packages.

I am sure there are other small independent companies - that may even be able to offer better rates than Canada Post, and if anyone else in Canada knows or uses those companies for shipping out, then please list them, as the company I use has locations limited to some large urban centers in only about 4 provinces.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018 04:04:15 AM by Onyxnox » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...