A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
170 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Winter Book Swap: Sign Ups Closed-Send Outs: 12/7/18  (Read 15622 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Wizards_Pupil
Flying solo and Free

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: December 05, 2018 07:13:55 AM »

Checking in:

1948 England. I'm going to:
-Listen to a lecture by J. R. R. Tolkien
-Join C. S. Lewis on one of his walks
-Have lunch with Dorothy Sayers
-Join at least one meeting of the inklings
-Have a lunch with Agatha Christie.

It would be tempting to go to 1929 and follow Agatha around to see if I could find out what actually happened with her disappearance.

I should be ready to ship out tomorrow. I've got all the parts and pieces together and only have a few more details to take care of.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." -J. R. R. Tolkien
"But as for me, I will always have hope." Psalm 71
Courage, dear heart.  - C.S. Lewis
Pinterest
Goodreads
emilywilde
« Reply #211 on: December 05, 2018 10:18:53 AM »

Bag End, or late 19th century France. Portland intl rose test garden in the summer is wonderful though. My dream vacation would involve a quiet house with a sun room, a garden, a nearby library, and a big bathtub.
I was planning on taking advantage of the day of mourning (i work in a fed building) to go to the post office but yeahhh, makes sense they would be closed today. I might just add a little extra to my partners package, and maybe just send out Friday afternoon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox
Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #212 on: December 05, 2018 07:14:13 PM »

If I could go back in time, I would go back to the early 80s in the spring, to my old grade school school yard, under the big maple trees at the back - I loved to sit back there and read with friends.  If I could go to fantasy land - then I would like to be one of Anne's friends in Avonlea, making up stories, and adventures - I felt in her a kindred spirit when I was that age.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my pinterest

Sad Bye Bye Craftster - where else can craft addicts unite??
ChameleonHound
Odds 'n ends are my specialty.

Beware the Platypirates and their tri-corner hats.

« Reply #213 on: December 05, 2018 07:16:59 PM »

If I could, I would travel to a medieval city from a Pierce or McKinley fantasy, one with splendor and magic. It would be neat to go in the wintertime, and see a good-old-fashioned winter celebration without all the ridiculous marketing and pop songs and holiday light projectors. Yeesh.

I hit a bit of a roadblock with my crafted stuff because I couldn't find a bit I was looking for, and then I had a new idea tonight without enough mojo to get it going. Tomorrow, perhaps capped off with a trip to the post office!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanna stay in touch? [email protected]
Just drop me a line! I miss you already!
Wulf

Long Live Craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: December 05, 2018 07:59:48 PM »

I can picture my perfect book reading room exactly, with its comfy wingback chair and footstool, side table for tea (tall enough that you can reach for your cup without looking, and maybe a tiny electric hot pad to keep it from going cold), lamp for evening and big window for daytime, with a view over the valley. Any valley. A ticking clock, a fireplace and a cat would be nice too.

But in the here and now, I'm pretty much assembled. I have book in hand (thanks to the amazing craftylittlemonkey), crafting 99% done, chocolate purchased (after a harrowing journey into the Christmas Market today. The crowds, the relentless, sanitized Christmas Holiday music, the garish decorations... shudder! But it was worth it.) Just have to arrange a meet-up with Onyxnox and we're done.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox
Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #215 on: December 06, 2018 07:35:41 AM »

I tried to build mine - nice comfy leather armchair with a swing arm lamp over by a sunny South facing window, where Jim put a new bay window that is a nice spot to have a few books and a cup of tea or coffee, and where I can also see the birds or people watch.  Lovely breeze in the summer and a hint of shade from the birches I love.

It is quite cozy.

Unfortunately, the dogs all thought so too.

Guess who is winning that fight?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my pinterest

Sad Bye Bye Craftster - where else can craft addicts unite??
Rosie1981
« Reply #216 on: December 06, 2018 07:38:07 AM »

So I'm a procrastinating slacker on checking in but I've finished crafting, book has been chosen and extras have been sorted out - and it's all packed up and ready to go.   Grin

To escape and read all day would be amazing.... I'd escape to the Shire and have my stack of books and tea that never went cold and auto filled.  (like Thor's beer)  Oh and I would love to have tea with the Hatter and Alice...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #217 on: December 06, 2018 04:42:33 PM »

If I could shrink, I would relax in a Beatrix Potter-style tiny home tucked into a hollow tree. I'd make a tiny pie using a single berry, put a homemade quilt over my lap, and read the afternoon away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not goodbye friends - find me on the reddit group, on instagram @oceanna.kolb and oceanna.kolb at gmail. <3<3<3
JoyfulClover
« Reply #218 on: December 06, 2018 04:59:01 PM »

Then again, spending time in Mercy's world would be amazing too. I have only read the first few (I rarely buy new books) but I would love to spend some time getting to know Zee. Please no real spoilers, but could someone let me know if we find out more about Zee's past?

Not much spoiling there if I tell you: Not nearly enough. I keep hoping that in the next book there will be something, but so far no luck.

I fully support the Mercy Thompson read-along, I love those novels. Those also started me on the Alpha & Omega series, they center around Charles in the Marrok's pack, so more of that world! Now if only somebody would flatten out Montana I'd love to go to Aspen Creek. Or visit Mercy and Adam.

In other news, I'm still here, scheming and plotting. Books are here, chocolate is bought, now I only have to finish the crafted parts!

anna  - I saw Mercy's books and couldn't resist dropping in. I love Patricia Briggs and her world building! This series is fun!! Also, your covers are WAY better than mine! They leave much to the imagination! Super jelly!

psyche  - Also, if there IS a read-along, I would join!!!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018 04:59:15 PM by JoyfulClover » THIS ROCKS   Logged
anna.wahnsinn
You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

« Reply #219 on: December 07, 2018 02:44:28 AM »

anna  - I saw Mercy's books and couldn't resist dropping in. I love Patricia Briggs and her world building! This series is fun!! Also, your covers are WAY better than mine! They leave much to the imagination! Super jelly!

psyche  - Also, if there IS a read-along, I would join!!!

Me too, I'd be in!

JoyfulClover, I think only first four books have those covers, or maybe the fifth too (which wasn't where it was supposed to be, so I don't know). I never noticed she was practically in a sports bra until years later. If the first one had looked like the ones now I'd probably never have looked at them, let alone got them for myself to read. Even though of course you aren't suppose to judge even an actual book by its cover alone...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...