A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
282 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Winter Book Swap: Sign Ups Closed-Send Outs: 12/7/18  (Read 15675 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Smmarrt
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2018 12:02:40 PM »

WEEKLY CHECK IN!

If you could have coffee/tea/lunch with one fictional character, who would it be. I know! It's hard to narrow it down to just one.

I choose Hermione Granger, if I could be a squib - a non-magical person who knows about magical people.
My office mate says Thor - but only if he dresses as Thor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calluna
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2018 12:08:31 PM »

The mandatory Thor costuming gave me a good chuckle.

Hands-down, my top choice for sharing a kettle of tea would be Anna Madrigal from the Armistead Maupin Tales of the City series. Though I wouldn't be opposed to also sharing the kettle with Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander from Terry Goodkind's novels. Both characters are full of wisdom, humor, cheekiness, and thoroughly-lived life, as well as being good storytellers and listeners, which makes for a fantastic tea time.

This makes me want to host a tea/chocolate/book/crafting day at my house!  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018 08:48:13 AM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thank you for sharing this home with me for so many years. Now, lettuce leaf!
seeuudee
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2018 12:32:09 PM »

WEEKLY CHECK IN!

If you could have coffee/tea/lunch with one fictional character, who would it be. I know! It's hard to narrow it down to just one.

Wow, just one, there are so many to choose from - Jamie and/or Clare from the Outlander series, Dumbledore from HP, Alice from the Twilight series (no judgment please  Wink), so many of the characters from Jane Austen's books, but if I had to say just one, it would probably be Matthew Clairmont from the Discovery of Witches series. I loved him in the books, but having just watched the TV series, I love him even more!

This makes me want to host a tea/chocolate/book/crafting day at my house!  Smiley

I am so up for that Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2018 02:02:52 PM »

WEEKLY CHECK IN!

Hmmm....  I'd have tacos from a lunch truck with Mercy Thompson.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Garage Sale Fundraiser

#CraftstersNeverSayDie #AuRevoirNotGoodbye #UntilWeMeetAgain

Launching soon: Lettucecraft.com
Crafts Chats Swaps
Wizards_Pupil
Flying solo and Free

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2018 02:25:23 PM »

Can I pick a male and a female? No?

Then I'd have to go with Lee from East of Eden. I have never read an Asian-American character that was written so well in a time where racisim is rampant. I love the wisdom and simplicity he speaks with. The conversations he had with Samuel and Adam are a few of my favorite from American Literature.

Though, Gandalf, Jane Eyre and Orual would be high on the contender list.

And we'd have tea, of course. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." -J. R. R. Tolkien
"But as for me, I will always have hope." Psalm 71
Courage, dear heart.  - C.S. Lewis
Pinterest
Goodreads
elenorasweet
Crochet Mommy

French canadian gay mom. How're you doing?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2018 03:25:04 PM »

Oh my god, how unfair...! Clint Barton (Fraction version) because he is a sweet, kind disaster of a man, and we could chat about depression and dogs and deafness. No tea, we'll drink coffee straight from the pot.

(as shown in new icon, because coffee)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018 03:27:00 PM by elenorasweet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
emilywilde
« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2018 07:28:16 PM »

If I really had to narrow it down to just one, Oly Binewski of Geek Love. Im a sucker for circus stories. Runners up are just about anyone from Harry Potter- McGonagall, Luna, Hagrid... another one of my most favorite colorful characters is a fictional version of painter Henri de Toulouse Lautrec in the novel Sacre Bleu (christopher moore). Its a bawdy tale, but also one of my all time favorites. That would be a long and fun liquid lunch, Im sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smmarrt
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2018 09:55:39 PM »

The mandatory Thor costuming gave me a good chuckle.

Hands-down, my top choice for sharing a kettle of tea would be Anna Madrigal from the Armistead Maupin Tales from the City series. Though I wouldn't be opposed to also sharing the kettle with Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander from Terry Goodkind's novels. Both characters are full of wisdom, humor, cheekiness, and thoroughly-lived life, as well as being good storytellers and listeners, which makes for a fantastic tea time.

This makes me want to host a tea/chocolate/book/crafting day at my house!  Smiley

Oh, Anna Madrigal. I just saw the last Tale of the City book about her - but I feel like I'd have to go back and read the whole series again. Also, did you know that they made more episodes but I'm not sure for which network....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer
If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2018 05:31:27 AM »

Oh my gosh, I have NO clue. I know I would love to meet and talk to the author Maggie Stiefvater but to pick ONE character would be pretty much impossible. Hmmm. I'll keep thinking. Just wanted to let you know I was checking the posts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jellybean89

(she/her) Ravenclaw :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2018 05:41:36 AM »

WEEKLY CHECK IN!

That is a really hard question! Maybe Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter? I think she'd be interesting to talk to. Smiley

I have chocolate for my partner! I visited our only bookstore (besides thrift stores) & didn't find anything, so I'll probably end up having to order a book online.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please message if you want my email! I'm on Ravelry, Goodreads, & Instagram!

& there's a Craftster group on Ravelry here: https://www.ravelry.com/groups/craftsters-in-ravelry
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...