A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
225 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Invite Your Partner Swap Fall 2018 Gallery  (Read 6631 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2018 03:42:14 PM »

Oh, that baby. I am very distracted from all the lovely goodies by that adorable creature. Everything is wonderful.

Edel's pocket hanging is FANTASTIC! I think I finally have an idea for some of the bigger TM patches I've got collected.

Everything Averia made is gorgeous but how, HOW is the embroidery on sheer fabric done? I tried that and it was an utter fail, lol. So very very bad. Yours is perfection.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

and remember, ALWAYS USE THE GOOD BEADS, YARN, FABRIC!

Love you all, thank you so much for everything. XO
calluna
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2018 06:54:25 PM »

Finally, I'm sharing photos of my bounty of goodness from craftylittlemonkey! Please forgive my crappy new-cheap-phone quality.

I received the package at work, and couldn't resist putting everything out on the table to admire it, though I knew I needed to take close-ups someplace with better lighting. Here's all the loot together!

(I forgot to get a close-up of the tiny Mister Rogers tin; it's so stinkin' cute.)

First, I want to mention that everything was labeled with tiny Bob Ross-themed sticky notes! And many items were wrapped in dyed fabric, which shows up in some of these photos. You know how we tend to structure our gallery posts to lead up to the grand finale piece? Well, that won't work here, because there's no picking just one as THE thing. I got a walloping of killer pieces.  Cheesy I couldn't stop grinning; I'm sure you understand.

While I'm fully stoked about everything CLM sent, this is the item that may be the nearest-and-dearest to her and took a ton of time and love!

That is a kilt pin (jumbo-jumbo safety pin), with the buttons being average shirt-size buttons. The whole thing is so utterly delightful, and is going someplace prominent.

The other extremely big deal is that I received her first paper bag journal!

Link to CLM's process, and better and more thorough photos, is here.

Next: a big zipper pouch!

And my very own fabric snail! To provide some company for the slow-crafting sloth; I have a felted banana slug who will also enjoy the companionship of this fella.

A SECOND zipper pouch, but this one is a felted rainbow! Yesss!

Locally-produced calming salve (smells so good), plus three doodads for me to fidget with because I told CLM I love playing with two-sided sequin fabric. They have adhesive on the back, so they're going onto a wall or desk surface next to me in my new workplace, so I can rub them (evil geniuses pet cats when plotting; I pet sparkly color-changing surfaces Grin). If these were homemade I'm going to lose it.  Cheesy

Next, an awesome Aretha ATC, and a hanging delight that can serve as an essential oil air freshener -- using the good beads!

With sparkly rainbow envelope that I'm going to keep using for some purpose or other, the card wasn't "just a card" either: A slow-stitched patch of so many tiny scraps and stitches on the front!

Yep, it's all a bit overwhelming, in the most fantastic way!  Grin  I'm so grateful and I love my haul!!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018 08:04:48 AM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thank you for sharing this home with me for so many years. Now, lettuce leaf!
endymion
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2018 04:51:56 AM »

Wow! What an amazing assortment of goodies! I love so many of them: the pin, the journal, the felted rainbow, the ATC, that card... just wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/magnifisweets
www://craftcrossing.com
Improbable Bird Lady YouTube video link: https://youtu.be/tqHw31kMEsU
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2018 05:18:06 AM »

Yay! I am so happy it arrived and you enjoyed unwrapping everything Cheesy.
The confetti fabric patch on the card is from when we all first started making boro stitched things here. I had a few little samples done up and turned them into cards thinking people might get a kick out of them.
Aretha Franklin passed away recently and there seemed to be very little hooplah made about it, I needed to honour her as an incredibly strong, passionate artist who faced a lot of adversity over her decades of making music and advocating for herself. Long Live the QUEEN!
I did not make the rainbow pouch, I had it in my stash and thought it would be good for packaging other little things up in. The sequin stickers are not handmade, I have some of that fabric and it's a beast to cut and sew, lol. I will try one of these days but need to work up the nerve.

Thanks for swapping calluna, this IYP thing might turn into one of my faves Wink.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018 07:53:08 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2018 06:19:45 PM »

Oh wow! I love all the colors! So perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2018 04:09:08 AM »

I received from Anna. Gorgeous jewelry, she spoiled me. I love the colours. And there's a gazillion beads in them, she has so much patience!!

The red and oranges in this are so lovely and sunny on this grey day. And the blue is beautiful

I really love dragonflies and sparkles. So I adore this and a matching bracelet

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with yo
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2018 06:08:35 AM »

Beautiful! Those beaded ropes of hers are simply amazing. I would not have the patience either, that takes some dedication, wow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gala_apples
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2018 07:49:23 PM »

I got edelc's package finally, and it's bleeping amazing! We agreed to one large one medium one small, and she sent me about a billion things. I love them all, of course, but holy jeez is it a ton!

she said she didn't want to waste paper to be thrown out, so instead she sewed cloth bags for most of the items!

she sent me large scraps of previous fabric printing projects. I love scrappy things so maybe having these bits will be the kick needed to make something for myself.

lovely pour artwork that I'm going to lovingly regift to my best friend of 15 year's mom... she just moved into a new house like 3 weeks ago, and hasn't been able to afford decorating or painting, while her last house every room was a different colour.

a seriously stunningly detailed shirt for my girlfriend. anatomical hearts are an in-joke with us, and it was so kind of edel to make her something too.

WHAT WE ACTUALLY AGREED TO SWAP, LOL. a metre of fabric. I love this snitch fabric, I'm already percolating ideas of what it's going to look like sewed up into a shirt.

and lastly, jewellry. I'm pretty sure these exact pendant, or at least something like it, is on my pinterest.

All in all, all I have to say is if you want an outstanding partner, go with edel  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2018 02:22:30 AM »

I'm so glad that it got there ok, I was a bit worried with the postal strike that it might get lost in some dusty corner somewhere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with yo
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2018 04:16:09 AM »

Yup, that's an Edel package alright. Amazing! You deserve spoiling, enjoy it Smiley.

Love those hearts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...