A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,957
Currently Running With Scissors:
172 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong ~ Yule Term 2018/19*~ Join Anytime!  (Read 9166 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: December 14, 2018 08:24:46 AM »

@elliot_anne: In your Oct 20th post, you put up a Unicorn Pinafore for December Detention, but you have already submitted something for that subject (Ravenclaw House Robes on Oct 9th).  I have therefore not given you any points for the Unicorn Pinafore.  If you wish to resubmit the project under another subject, please edit the post, and send me a link to the edit, so I can give you points.

@katiebread: In your Nov 19th post, you posted 2 sets of Octopi Duos, but neglected to put in a Class or Challenge.  Are these for SPEW points only?  Ie, no class or challenge?  Or are they Class+SPEW and you just had a typo?  For now I've given you SPEW points only.  If you wish to resubmit with a subject, please edit the post, and send me a link to the edit, so I can give you points.

@fishstix43: You did great with your first post!  You now have 15 House Points.  I can't wait to see what else you craft.  Welcome to the group!

@edelC: I know this is a throwback to weeks ago, but...  I do totally see what you mean about Fantastic Beasts being more like a Marvel movie than an HP movie.  I too miss the whimsey.  What I love about the world of HP, is it's a tiny bit like stepping just a short way back in time, as the Wizard World has less Muggle technology, but other than that, everyday life was shown as being very much like Muggle life without cell phones and tv.  Magic might be used to fold the laundry, or to brew up a pepperup potion, but it didn't solve every worry in life.  In this movie there was a bit too much 'wave the wand once, everything in the world happens in 8 seconds'.  I wasn't bored, but then again I was there with a friend, seeing it early, and getting some fun swag.  But I did feel like it was a lot to process all at once.  And I was unclear who some of the characters were, and had to go home and look up names on IMDB just to figure out, 'Oh, she was supposed to be a member of the such-and-such family!

Finally, @everyone in the Craftalong: My apologies for being so behind in House Points.  I've just finished tallying everything for the semester so far.  This term has been rough, as it's the busiest time of year for my business, and I've had several house guests, the last set being my parents for 8 days.  And our dear Deputy Headmistress noodle-bug is equally swamped in her new job & all the training that goes into it.  Hopefully I won't get as dreadfully behind again anytime soon!

~*Headmistress Jennie casts the Homunculus Charm ~ We are here!*~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

All you need is love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #191 on: December 14, 2018 01:31:28 PM »

You rock, my friend!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #192 on: December 14, 2018 06:01:52 PM »

Ahhhh! Mistress Jennie, that scarf looks sooo soft and lovely! And the bookmark is gorgeous as is all your beadwork. I still use my "Always" one that I got as a prize from you, and love it to bits! LOVE all teh cheery dishcloths!

Patty_o_furniture! HOLY moly! SO MUCH WORK! That's amazing. All of it!

Fishstix, you are already rocking the points! Way to go! And now I know what a rolag is. Smiley Those are so cool!

Class/Challenge: Hagrid's Trees - Lights
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Newt's Niffler
Project Description: My youngest turned 17 today! She loves the Newt Scamander movies, and is particularly besotted with nifflers, so I made her this little guy and tucked some shinies in his pocket. Cheesy The pattern is called Newt's Niffler and was well-written and easy to use. He definitely lit up her birthday! Cheesy
Project Pic:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #193 on: December 15, 2018 07:58:03 AM »

that niffler is too cute! I might have to try my hand at that pattern.

I am so bummed! my iPad that has all the pics of the projects I've been working on between baby nap times/demands has ceased speaking to the interwebz! I am going to attempt to take pics of the pics, i guess, to post. Hopefully they won't look like dragon dung!

Everyone is doing such fun stuff!

Happy crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: December 15, 2018 09:56:37 AM »

You rock, my friend!!

I made myself a dreaded cup of coffee (coffee makes me crazy, but does in fact wake me up), and sat at the keyboard and denied myself a nice hot cup of tea until I finished the damn update!  It's amazing what I can accomplish when I'm desperate for a cup of tea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: December 15, 2018 09:57:09 AM »

That niffler couldn't be any cuter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plaidpineapple
« Reply #196 on: Today at 05:55:50 PM »

Great projects everyone!

I have finished my OWL but need to take pictures.  My Newt is very close to being done. Hopefully I will be starting the new year, with a new OWL and Newt.

Meanwhile, I have been cleaning and destashing my craft room.  Wow,  that in between stage of sorting is so slow.  My room looks like a hurricane hit it.  Ugh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Monsters!
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Picture Frame Tray
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Dino Cups

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...