A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,452
Currently Running With Scissors:
210 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong ~ Yule Term 2018/19*~ CLOSED  (Read 19347 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #290 on: January 24, 2019 04:34:47 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
SPEW:
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Sewing necklace
Project Page Link: none
Brief Description: Jewelry and sewing are definitely two different mediums. I made a necklace with cute charms and then drilled a hole in a thimble and put it all together. This was made for my partner but now I definitely have to make one for myself! I'd seen many similar ones the internet but I just used the materials and tools I had to come up with something I liked.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
SPEW:
Project Name: Cottage slipper socks
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: I made these super comforting (and comfortable) cottage socks for a swap partner. I used a yarn that is a blend of alpaca, silk, and merino wool so they are ultra soothing just like I imagine Lily would be with her newborn baby Harry.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: HoM
SPEW:
Project Name: Wood burned Waldorf calendar
Project Page Link: inspired by this: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/93/3b/05/933b05f3422f916c8c5917b76349024b.jpg
Brief Description: I dont wood burn very often - in fact its almost every other year. It makes me nervous, honestly. But my swap partner had it on her wishlist of her top 3 things she would want to receive so I decided to dive in. It worked! It made me remember that I like it even if for an ambitious project.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
SPEW:
Project Name: Claires mini cowl
Project Page Link: http://pollyfoofoo.blogspot.com/2014/09/sassenach-claire-outlander-crochet-cowl.html
Brief Description: This lovely cowl based off of Claires from Outlander is meant to hang from my partners neck. I love this cowl. Like I LOVE it. I wish I had more of this yarn and I would have made the full infinity cowl version instead of this half version. Unfortunately, I got this amazing yarn from a thrift shop and ran out, almost not able to complete it!!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
SPEW:
Project Name: Santa Stocking
Project Page Link: http://blog.darice.com/holiday/free-crochet-stocking-pattern/
Brief Description: I crocheted this stocking in the warm and comforting Christmas tones of red and green.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: SoAR
SPEW:
Project Name: Winter Coasters
Project Page Link: http://angiesartstudio.com/2010/12/08/fabric-coasters-a-quick-and-easy-sewing-project/#.W-pJaXpKg1g
Brief Description: These coasters are dual sided! You can have one lovely winter image on one side and a sweet Christmas one on the other!
Project Picture:

and finally a detention!
Class/Challenge/House Pride: December Detention Challenge
Project Name: E600 Everywhere
Brief Description:
Project Picture: Guys, I have a problem. I dont EVER fix things right away. When something breaks I tell the kids to put it on my fix it shelf until I can get to it. So, of course, it piles up. And sadly, a huge reason some of these are on here is because over the summer my dog had a seizure and went blind for about 30 hours and ran into tables, knocking things over. Thats what the Narnia scene and the fairy box are about. Others, like the eyeball hair clip and the Spooky sign simply needed a quick re-glue. Anyway, I let this stuff pile up for far to long and finally got around to doing it. There are still plenty more to do, but this is it for now.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019 04:58:09 PM by Audania1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm so squishy!

« Reply #291 on: January 25, 2019 08:43:43 AM »

Those are pretty crocheted squares, jellybean!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
ETSY SHOP: www.etsy.com/shop/LadybuggirlCrafts
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

Too blessed to be stressed! Smiley
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2019 11:46:46 AM »

Challenge:  Detention - December
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name:  Repainted Frame

Brief Description: While working on my Enchanted Staircases challenge below, I bought a framed butterfly as a piece of art in our bathroom.  The butterflies come from a sanctuary in Peru, where they are able to live out their lives free from danger.  After they die naturally at the end of their life cycle, the sanctuary mounts them in frames, and they are sold to raise funds to keep the sanctuaries open.  I wanted one in a white or silver frame to go with the vibe of the room, but I also wanted to make sure the one I bought came from a reputable source.  So I bought one from a local store, from a woman I trust, who only had them in black frames.  No problem, I have paint!  A quick coat of silver paint on the frame, and I inserted a piece of white card stock in the back of the frame, so the bright blue of the butterfly is more visible, than it would be against my light blue walls.  The card stock just pops in and out, so you can still view the butterfly from the other side if you wish.  (It has a beautiful pattern like eyes on the back!)
Project Picture:

Challenge: Headmistress - January Enchanted Staircases
Project Name: Powder Room Renovation

Brief Description: We bought our house 2.5 years ago, and I love it.  When we looked at it we joked that we wouldn't even have to paint it, since we loved all the paint colors the previous owner had chosen.  I loved it all, except...  the powder room.  It was built under the staircase, with no natural light, and she had painted it a dark brick red, paired with a cream & burgundy toile wallpaper.  First of all, the red paint and the red in the wallpaper were no where near the same color red.  One was orange-red and one was a purple-red.  Second it was SO DARK a color, in such a small space.  Third, there was absolutely NO storage in the room at all.  Not even a spot for a spare roll of toilet paper.  I knew I wanted a small cupboard for the room, and that I wanted to paint the walls a brighter shade, but that I would have to re-paper the back wall, since it's so hard to strip old wallpaper and paint the wall after.  I found the new paper on Spoonflower.  After that, the other things started falling into place.  I found the cupboard on Overstock.com.  We painted the walls a happy turquoise, and repainted the white trim that had gotten all grubby.  Scraped 2 previous paint colors off the base of the sink and tile.  I found a new mirror at Lowe's.  The old glass shades on the light fixture were so super-wide that only a flat builder's-grade mirror would fit, so I swapped those out for a narrower set so the new mirror would fit.  Added new daylight-white bulbs instead of the 'soft white' that was reading as yellow in there.  Picked up some hand towels and a soap dispenser at TJ Maxx, and finally I swapped out the nasty old tp holder and the yellowing plastic switch plates for new brushed nickel ones.  Now I just need to add a bit of art in there.  I'm hoping to make a small art quilt since I bought a yard of fabric that's identical to the wallpaper from Spoonflower as well. 
Project Picture:

Here are some extra pics from when we toured the house before buying it.  The baskets and rack belonged to the previous owner and went with her when she left.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy|Facebook|HP Craftalong|
Come to the 2019 CRAFTSTER MEETUP in Asheville, NC!  April 26-28!!!
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

All you need is love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #293 on: January 28, 2019 07:05:29 AM »

Excellent bathroom redo, Jennie! What a transformation.

~OWLs and NEWTs Updated!~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HPC - Ostara

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: January 28, 2019 10:27:13 AM »

The new issue of Witch Weekly has hit the news stands! Be sure to pick up a copy and see which witch (or wizard) has been named Witch of the Week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: January 28, 2019 11:28:07 AM »

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #296 on: January 28, 2019 01:02:35 PM »

MJ, the cupboard under the stairs redo looks great! Well done! Very inspiring! You know, I have a few home projects that need some energizing.... How's about we connect to the floo network and you pop on over to work some magic? lol (I still have tuffet envy, actually, so you're wise not to let me get my hands through the fireplace! haha)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
jenleahlynn
« Reply #297 on: January 29, 2019 09:22:29 AM »

Audania1 - those slipper socks look so cozy, the yarn sounds like a wonderful blend.

The kids and I are home for a snow day, so I've got time to catch up on submitting projects, and work on a few things.

class- Alchemy
house-Gryffindor
project- treble clef coin

My daughters are triplets, and their 16th birthday was January 18th. I did small drawings for each of them.
I made this ATC coin to tuck into Lynn's birthday card. She sings and plays piano. I used a grey paper with a slight sheen to it, and drew the image with black and silver pen.

class- Apparition
house- Gryffindor
project- Musical happy birthday

I had extra time, so I also doodled a birthday card for her. I used some of the patterns from a zentangle workshop I had gone to, and it was relaxing to make. There's a lot going on in the image, but the grey paper and black ink keep it from being to busy.

class- astronomy
house-Gryffindor
project- peacock card and coin

Lori loves peacocks, so I made a colored pencil drawing for her, along with a atc coin of feathers to coordinate with it.

class- Care of magical creatures
house- gryffindor
project - Panda and bamboo

This was the second drawing I did for Leah. I think the intricate pattern of bamboo leaves around the panda makes it more sophisticated than the other panda card I made for her.

class- DADA
house- Gryffindor
project- Panda Birthday

the girls wanted to make their own cakes, so making cards for them gave me time to be creative and reflect on the young ladies they are growing into. It seems unreal that in a few months they will be getting their drivers licences. I started with a cute panda birthday card for Leah. I think it's head is a little squished, but she liked it.

class - flying
house- gryffindor
project- Cherry cake with Fluffy white frosting

I remembered my grandmother making this cake for my mom's birthday several times when I was a kid. I didn't have her recipe, but I found one that's very similar and decided to try making it for mom's birthday this year. The cake and frosting came from 2 separate sources, and were both made from scratch.

I used this recipe for the cake. It uses chopped maraschino cherries for the flavor.

https://houseofnasheats.com/vintage-cherry-chip-layer-cake/#wprm-recipe-container-4307

then I used this one for the frosting

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/7-minute-frosting-recipe-1941375

I have a standing mixer, but I bought and inexpensive hand mixer so I could whip the recipe over the double boiler. It's tastes so good, but it's really soft. It tastes kind of like melted marshmallow. The 3 layers of the cake shifted while traveling, and the frosting oozed out when we cut the cake, but everyone said it tasted just like grandmas.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019 10:04:10 AM by jenleahlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

pinterest.com/jenleahlynn
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

All you need is love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #298 on: January 29, 2019 10:36:20 AM »

Love your drawings for your daughters, jenleahlynn! Triplet 16 year olds!?! And here I am thinking twins are hard. Good luck mama.

I have a quick project to turn in...

Class: Apparition
Project Name: Embroidered Pendant
Project Page Link: N/A
Brief Description: This was a nice, little meditative craft. Made for the Little Good Things Swap, I embroidered some flowers on a small scale and glued it into a pendant. It was really fun to make and it was SO nice to have a little quiet time and space to do some crafting.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

HPC - Ostara

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: January 29, 2019 11:01:10 AM »

Abbee, your pendant is adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Toiletry Bag
Weekend Bunnies
Meatless Monday: Portobello Mushroom Lasagna

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...