A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
135 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong ~ Yule Term 2018/19*~ CLOSED  (Read 20740 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

GryffinMaus

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2018 07:24:12 AM »

Class: Astronomy
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Smash and Grab Shirts
Project Page Link: N/A
Brief Description: I made two *almost* identical shirts for my girls for Halloween. They were "Smash" and "Grab" criminals, because that's what they do: Smash and Grab things, lol.
Project Picture:

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name: RBG Collar & Costume
Project Page Link: Cricut file is from this website
Brief Description: RBG's collar is pretty intricate. I used by Cricut machine, so it might be cheating, but I did cut this collar out twice for two Halloween events. I decided to use freezer paper for the cut so that I could iron it onto a black t-shirt I owned without ruining the shirt. The collar just peeled right off after Halloween was over! I also made the earrings for this costume, which were just small wooden disks painted and glued to a spare set of plugs.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Headmistress October Challenge: Doxycide Challenge
Project Name: Dark Voyager Halloween Costume
Project Page Link: Inspiration Pic
Brief Description: My son wanted to be Dark Voyager from Fortnite for Halloween this year. While Spirit Halloween and the Internet had the costume available for a ridiculous amount of money, we went the DIY route! I started with a base of black sweatpants and hoodie and with my trusty hot glue gun added felt, fabric, and craft foam elements to create the character. There is also a strip of light up LEDs, but you can't tell they are on in the fall sunlight. We also did a paper mache helmet for this project, complete with flipable visor (made from a painted piece of a milk jug).
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2018 09:23:40 AM »

Great costumes Abbee! 

(I'm so tempted to be Ruth Vader Ginsburg next Halloween.  There's something so tempting about the combination of a cute collar AND a light saber.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2018 12:35:27 PM »

(I'm so tempted to be Ruth Vader Ginsburg next Halloween.  There's something so tempting about the combination of a cute collar AND a light saber.)

OMG, I LOVE IT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imera

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2018 04:14:47 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:  Headmistress October Challenge: Doxycide Challenge
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Wednesday Addams pendant
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: The challenge was black, and what could be blacker than Wednesday Addams' heart, or soul, or style... I just love her.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2018 01:06:47 PM »

newtynewtnewt

NEWT Subject: Charms
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Balloon Menu & Digital Art
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description:
Professor Flitwick inspired me to try a new spell.  I was ready to learn a new craft, so I went to his classroom for 50 extra training sessions.  I feel I now have a good start on learning to conjure a small cartoon with a wand that instead attaches to a muggle computer.  I still have a ways to go, but I've got a good start!

I got a digital drawing pad for last Christmas but was considering it a dark art for months.  I'd only play with it a few minutes before I'd get too angry with the bad line work and go back to pencil.  Well, it was time to shine some Lumos on it and not be afraid.  So to start off I did 50+ practice cartoons and watched a bunch of tutorials and found some better apps to help.  When I finished those pieces I started on gemino-ing my balloon menu board in digital art instead of pencil art.  And just for good measure I redid my face paint menu too.  Though the pics on one all came from clipart ideas first, I just redrew it in my style.

Made to be printed out poster sized, but it looks good at printer paper size too.  I'll probably copy a bunch off and laminate them so kids can hold a menu when I don't want to take my poster. 

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2018 02:50:26 PM »

Class: CoMC
Project Name: Hat for Baby Bee   

Brief Description: For my CoMC homework I created something with both an intricate pattern, and that consists of multiple circles (it was worked in the round), for Ant Bee's new little one, who I'm affectionally calling 'Baby Bee'.  The pattern is called My Sunshine Baby Hats, and is free. The yarn is Lion Brand Mandala Baby, in the colorway Magic Moon.  It was leftover from the afghan posted below.  Yay for using up the last of a yarn!
Project Picture:

Class: SoAR
Project Name:  Fairy Godmother Afghan for Baby Bee   

Brief Description:  This is a very simple giant granny afghan, done while holding 2 yarns together as you work.  The yarns are Red Heart Dreamy in grey, and Lion Brand Mandala Baby in Magic Moon.  It took 2 skeins of each to make the afghan, and I loved not having a ton of ends to weave in.  Just 6!  I was hoping that by making a larger & heavier blanket, Baby Bee would get to use it longer into toddlerhood.  Smiley 
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2018 06:58:39 PM »

I am loving the crochet! The beanie is so cute and I love the blanket!
I've been checking out everyone's goodies every day but haven't had time to post or even fill out my own prompts. Next week is send outs for the mini 12 days of Christmas and I will be able to fill a bunch in after. I haven't been idle, I swear!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2018 10:10:55 AM »

The new issue of Witch Weekly has hit the news stands! Be sure to pick up a copy and see which witch (or wizard) has been named Witch of the Week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2018 01:42:31 PM »

Love the Wednesday Addams pendant and the items for Baby Bee!!

Awesome NEWT work, patty_o!!

Thanks, Fiber!! Cheesy

Class: Divination
Project Name: Baby Capes
Project Page Link: N/A
Brief Description: My girls turned ONE last week!! Holy crap! I made their gift - baby capes! Smiley
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2018 04:02:46 PM »

For those of you who might be interested, I have opened signups for this year's Harry Potter Holiday Swap.

Please note that there is an important difference than previous years:  We are doing single partners in this round, not 3.  You may still IYP if you wish, but remember that BOTH participants must agree, and must PM me to let me know they wish to partner.  The swap is for 1 small-to-medium handmade ornament or stocking stuffer (ie, non holiday decoration, that our partner could enjoy anytime.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie
@Home This Weekend: Door Decor
June 20, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...