A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,841
Currently Running With Scissors:
226 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong ~ Yule Term 2018/19*~ CLOSED  (Read 23543 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
elliot_anne
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2018 07:36:40 PM »

I finished my OWL! I worked my tail off on it the last two days, and while technically I finished it yesterday afternoon, because of Halloween, I didn't have a chance to post it last night.

OWL Subject & Option (if applicable): Care of Magical Creatures (Option 1)
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Slytherin House Crest Cross Stitch
Project Page Link (if available): https://theworldinstitches.tumblr.com/post/132145399493/slytherin-house-crest-cross-stitch-chart
Brief Description: Snakes are recognized by both the Muggle world, and the wizarding world as fascinating creatures. My daughter is our house Slytherin (we have one of each house in our family!). My son (2-year-old Hufflepuff) has been asking me daily if I'm working on sister's, when I'll be done, and if I'm going to work on his next  Tongue
Project Picture:

OWL Subject & Option (if applicable): Herbology (Option 3)
Project Name: Hufflepuff House Crest Cross Stitch
Brief Description: Cross stitch is an ancient technique, and one I am particularly fond of. As I said, my 2-year-old Hufflepuff has been nagging me to make his house crest cross stitch for weeks now, and when I tell him I;m finally starting, he is going to be SO EXCITED! Here is the link to the pattern I'm using (you can also find the other 3 house patterns on this tumblr): https://theworldinstitches.tumblr.com/post/131621441568/hufflepuff-house-crest-cross-stitch-chart
Based on the other 3 I've already made, this one will also take me about 3-4 weeks to complete. I have to re-create the pattern (it is only available in color on the website, and I can't use them like that - I need them in black and white). Then I have to stitch the whole thing. Smiley Luckily I will have my little Hufflepuff cheering me along on the way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imera
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2018 04:44:34 AM »

Congratulations on finishing your OWL elliot_anne:D and it's great that your son will also get a crest. Crafting for boys isn't as easy as for girls, but I'm glad he got his own shirt which he got to sort of design himself.

I've got two months before a huge exam but I'm itching to craft something so I think I should put off a few hours doing just that, I just love this craftalong challenge, it inspires me so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2018 11:49:29 AM »

Class: Apparition
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Teal Pumpkin

Brief Description:  I used a lovely gentle teal, and a deep blue color palette, to create this happy little pumpkin.  I gave it 3 coats in time for trick or treater's on Wednesday.  Next year though I might need to go patty_o's route and add a light up pumpkin.  Even though we had all our front lights on, the blinds open with lights on in the living room, we still didn't have many trick or treaters, about 20 groups of 2-6 kids, and none of whom needed the allergen-friendly treat bags.  I'm not sure if it was too dark to see our teal pumpkin, or if the drizzle combined with the fact that our town has about 30 different Trunk or Treats plus a mall & zoo that both do their own events, kept many families home.  I ended up looking up the addresses of the families with allergic kiddos, and left treat bags in their mailboxes.  (Along with a note as to who they were from, so they don't think a mad stranger is trying to poison their families.)  But even though he didn't see much action, I'm still pretty pleased with my little teal jack-o-lantern. 
Project Picture:

Class: Charms
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Sailor Moon Bracelet

Brief Description:  For my Charms homework I created something that opens and closes!  Well, the clasp does at least.  Smiley  It is a Sailor Moon inspired charm bracelet made as a special request.  Since I know nothing about SM, I'm happy the recipient adores it. 
Project Picture:

Completed OWL Subject: Charms
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Haunted Mansion Graphghan

Brief Description:  I finally finished my OWL!  About two weeks ago, but I kept dragging my feet on getting a good picture.  Details are all through the link to its own post on the Crochet board.  Cheesy
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ashes7727
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2018 12:31:29 PM »

Ashes7727 - I love how you arranged the cranes into a spiral on your mobile!

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2018 05:37:31 PM »

Class: Apparition
House: Hufflepuff
Spew: Breast Cancer Fundraiser
Project Name: Suckers
Project Page Link: -
Brief Description: A great way to keep people quiet is stuff their face with treats.  A nice sucker will do!  Made bubble gum suckers for the local fundraiser.  I had a neighbor teen boy that's had my suckers before come up and say 'no more bubblegum' LOL.  Noted.  So if you make suckers, no bubblegum flavor.

1 cup water
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup corn syrup
up to 1/2 tsp flavoring oil
food coloring, optional

Bring water, sugar, and corn syrup to a boil and cook until hard crack stage.  Remove from heat and add coloring.  Stir for two minutes.  Stir in any flavoring oils.  Pour into candy safe molds and let harden.

Project Picture:

Class:  Astronomy
Spew: -
Project Name: Trick or Treat Garland
Brief Description: Made two of these trick or treat garlands, one for me and one for a swap friend.
Project Picture:

Class: CoMC
Project Name: Balloon Centerpieces
Brief Description: These balloon centerpieces each contain multiple circles of Halloween balloons!
Project Picture:

Class: Detention - NOV
Project Name: Newt work
Brief Description: Put two hours into my Newt.  I've been learning digital art, I went through my 50 trial cartoons and am now redoing my balloon menu.  Still quite a few pics to go, but there is an end in sight now!  You can see me deciding I didn't like my alien twice lol.
Project Picture:

Class: Divination
Project Name: Hamster Hanger
Brief Description: This little ornament was for a halloween OTT swap.  She wanted a wall hanging, so something flat and round sounded just about right.
Project Picture:

Class: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Thankful Pumpkin
Brief Description: This Thankful Pumpkin hangs on your door for a joyful greeting.  Donated to the cancer fundraiser.
Project Picture:

Class:  Transfiguration
Project Name: Butterbeer Glasses
Brief Description:  Made these lovely crystal clear glasses as a project to add to the gift baskets.  Ended up making 9 after the basket ones and extras for us.
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018 01:29:15 PM by patty_o_furniture » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PattyO's Pinterest

15 year old daughter ISO a kid/teen craft swap partner!
WhistleFish
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2018 07:59:04 PM »

Okay! Class dump time. Smiley
[You may sense a theme with my submissions...at the very end of September I decided - Hey! I should start an Etsy shop three months before Christmas with no inventory. Cue laughter! Its been a learning experience and for doing it on a whim I feel like Im doing pretty okay! Dipping my toes in for this Christmas season and Ive got a lot of ideas for next. I've got a lot more stuff I've made this past month but not everything fits a prompt.]

Class:  Apparation
Project Name: White Circle Garland
Brief Description: A beautiful Christmas garland in a nice, soft white color scheme.
Project Picture:

Class:  Arithmancy
Project Name: First Custom Dog Ornament
Brief Description: I had started making dog ornaments so when I received a request for a dog that I couldnt just easily find a picture of to go off, the question was...can I adapt and make custom ornaments? I think the answer was yes! The first of many.
Project Picture:

Class:  Astronomy
Project Name: Pug and Puggle Ornaments
Brief Description: I crafted two of the same item for this prompt. The only difference is color, and the Puggle has eye patches.
Project Picture: (Ignore the Husky, he was along for the ride.)

Class:  Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name: Pumpkin Spice Latte Bookmark
Brief Description: This bookmark is a double whammy! What could make a person comfortable? A pumpkin spice latte? Heck yes. What could make your book comfortable? A cute little bookmark, of course!
Project Picture:

Class:  Divination
Project Name: Boomer the Mini Golden Doodle!
Brief Description: I know Goldendoodles are pretty popular and wanted to work on a pattern for one. My sister-in-law has the CUTEST Goldendoodle, Boomer. This ornament is a present for her for Christmas.
Project Picture:

Class:  Muggle Studies
Project Name: Star Initial Ornaments
Brief Description: Study something that hangs? Welp...heres some more ornaments!
Project Picture:

Class:  Potions
Project Name: Luna the Husky!
Brief Description: What can be warmer than cuddling with a Husky? That being said...Im sure Luna definitely comforts her mama when shes sick. Shes a gorgeous pup and was fun to make!
Project Picture:

Class:  Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name: King Charles Cavalier Siblings
Brief Description: These two ornaments coordinate to make a very cute pair of sibling ornaments for their mama.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

elliot_anne
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2018 12:09:00 AM »

TheArtsyRaven Thanks! Yea, crafting for him is definitely harder than crafting for her. Luckily he's still young enough that everything I make for her, he wants, too! Haha He actually requested a tote bag like her dance bag! I'm drawing up plans for how to turn my tote bag pattern into a backpack for him! He loves the shirt so much he's worn it 4 times this week!!

Mistress Jennie I love the teal pumpkin! And great job finishing the OWL!

patty_o_furniture Those buntings are so cute! And I LOVE the little hamster hanger!! He is so adorably cute! And now I have glass etching on my "need-to-figure-out-how-to-make-that" craft list, because I NEED those butterbeer glasses in my life (and, more importantly, in my pantry).

WhistleFish Those are all SO CUTE!! The garland, the puppies, the bookmark! I love them all!! <3

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
SPEW:
Project Name: Pink "Necessities" Bag
Project Page Link (if available): https://so-sew-easy.com/easy-cosmetics-bag-pattern/
Brief Description: I've been meaning to attempt this for a couple of weeks now (my daughter needed a bag to hold her hairbrush, scrunchies, bobby pins, etc to put in her dance bag, for when I inevitably forget to do her hair BEFORE we leave for dance class and I have to try to put it up 2 minutes before class starts... It's gunna happen. Probably quite frequently, actually.), but honestly, I've been scared stiff of the zipper! I've never sewn in a zipper before. So, naturally, my question was "Can I sew a zipper without this turning into a nightmare?" And the answer was "What the hell have I been so scared of all this time?!" I checked out this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHDDhUzIXPY) on how to sew a zipper, and she made it seem so easy, I tackled the project, and I am no longer afraid of zippers!!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2018 06:44:17 AM »

Whistlefish - I loved the first dog ornament, then your post just got cuter and cuter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

pinterest.com/jenleahlynn
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2018 12:18:59 PM »

The new issue of Witch Weekly has hit the news stands! Be sure to pick up a copy and see which witch (or wizard) has been named Witch of the Week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2018 12:30:38 PM »

Thank you FiberAlchemist!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upgrade Your Kitchen
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...