A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,957
Currently Running With Scissors:
265 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong ~ Yule Term 2018/19*~ Join Anytime!  (Read 9207 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2018 10:52:34 AM »

Ummm... is a swap advert allowed?

I'm hosting the Christmas Stocking Swap and was wondering if anyone would like to join in? Sign ups finish on 10/10 (send out is December 7).

PS: HP stockings are possible. Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged
elliot_anne
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2018 11:10:15 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
SPEW:
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Beige Pinafore Dress
Project Page Link (if available): https://belowthekowhai.nz/product/the-tui-pinafore/
Brief Description: When I saw this pattern from Below the Kowhai, I just KNEW I had to make it for little Slytherin! She loves dresses of all kinds, and is particularly enamored with overall-style dresses and aprons right now, so this seemed like the perfect fit. Before making one for her out of expensive fabric (you know, anything more than $5/yd, haha), I decided to test the pattern out in a nice quiet muslin to make sure (1) I could make it, and (2) she would like it! SHE LOVED IT!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Care of Magical Creatures
SPEW:
Project Name: Iced Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Project Page Link (if available): Recipe Link - https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2016/09/19/brown-butter-pumpkin-oatmeal-cookies/
Brief Description: To welcome October, I decided to bake some pumpkin fresh to use in baking, and Slytherin requested cookies. So Iced Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies were made, and then devoured! The only thing I subbed in the recipe was vegan butter, and almond milk in the glaze (Hufflepuff is allergic to dairy). We enjoyed eating them all night while watching the Mooncalf dance. Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Headmistress Challenge - October
SPEW:
Project Name: Black Pinafore Dress
Project Page Link (if available): Link to purchase the pattern: https://belowthekowhai.nz/product/the-tui-pinafore/
Brief Description: My little Slytherin needed a black dress to go under her house robes for the Hogwarts Halloween party we're going to this coming weekend. This was the 2nd pinafore dress I made her, and despite some serious tension issues, it still looks good from the front/outside. I love them so much! Now, I need one for every day of the week for her! This was my first time doing inseam pockets, and they turned out so good! Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
SPEW:
Project Name: Gryffindor Quidditch Robes
Project Page Link (if available): I'll include links to the patterns that inspired these in the description.
Brief Description: I started with this pattern: http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/features/crafts/sewing/simplecanonrobes but the fabric that I bought wasn't a wide enough bolt! Then I made a stupid mistake and accidentally cut the neck hole in the middle of the sleeve... so I had to cut the sleeve even shorter... So I extended the sleeves by drafting my own pattern for the yellow stripe and red sleeve extension. Then I cut straight up the middle of the robes to make them open, and used the directions from this pattern: https://mellysews.com/2013/10/sleepy-robe-free-robe-pattern.html to make the band that's going around the edge of his robes. Then I just added a clasp and Gryffindor patch.
Project Picture:

OWL Subject & Option (if applicable): Care of Magical Creatures (Option 1)
Project Name: Slytherin House Crest Cross Stitch
Brief Description: Snakes are recognized by both the Muggle world, and the wizarding world as fascinating creatures. The first week, I will need to draw up the pattern, and then I will be able to get to business stitching it up. Based on how long the last two took, it'll take me about 3 or 4 weeks to do (although might take a little longer this time, since I have several other projects that need to be finished up this week...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2018 06:47:03 AM »

Oh my gosh! I love those little pinafore dresses!! Adorable! I have a few patterns for those for an older girl..... hmmmm. Maybe I should make on for my 9 year old? Not sure my 12 year old would go for it but they are stinking cute!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
FiberAlchemist
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2018 10:20:32 AM »

The new issue of Witch Weekly has hit the news stands! Be sure to pick up a copy and see which witch (or wizard) has been named Witch of the Week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2018 12:50:22 PM »

Congrats, Elliot_Anne, well deserved!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
elliot_anne
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2018 02:24:42 PM »

Thanks Ant Bee!!

Audania You should TOTALLY make pinafores for the girls! My pattern goes up to size 10, but I'm trying to figure out how to make an adult size version, since it's all made from rectangular fabric pieces!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elliot_anne
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2018 05:35:07 PM »

I have been crafting like a CRAZY PERSON this week, trying to get all of our costumes done for the Hogwarts Halloween Party this week, and I also managed to put the finishing touches on a couple of other projects I've had going on the side.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention - December
SPEW:
Project Name: Ravenclaw House Robes - Adult
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/features/crafts/sewing/simplecanonrobes
https://mellysews.com/2013/10/sleepy-robe-free-robe-pattern.html
Brief Description: I am so excited for the Hogwarts Halloween party we are going to this weekend, and today I put the finishing touches on my Ravenclaw robes! I altered the pattern from the Leaky Cauldron to fit them to my idea of what Hogwarts robes should look like, haha. The first thing I had to alter was how giant the sleeves are on the leaky cauldron pattern! I trimmed them down to about half the size, and they're still rather large. Next, I had to lengthen the sleeves, because the fabric I bought was from a 42" wide bolt, not a 60" bolt. Then I cut open the front of the robes from neckline to hem, and added a blue band around the edge, like described in Melly Sews' sleepy robe pattern. Last, I added a clasp and a patch to finish it up. I am really happy with how all the robes came out, and I'm excited to make some more kid-size ones for Slytherin and Hufflepuff's friends for Christmas (and when I make mini-Ravenclaw's, I'm going to use a lighter shade of blue for the band).
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention - October
SPEW:
Project Name: Heart Blackwork Bookmark
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: My 2nd blackwork bookmark. This one is for Gryffindor's grandmother, who reads nonstop. I went with a cute swirly heart blackwork for hers. This was made completely from stash.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
SPEW:
Project Name: Embroidered Pocket Cuff
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: The pocket for this pinafore was optional, but I decided to add it. The pattern comes with directions to make a little lazy daisy embroidery for the cuff, but I decided to do something a little more complicated and made an entire flower garden on her pocket cuff.
Project Picture:

(What it looks like on the pinafore)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

With hair!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2018 02:24:20 AM »

I love that blackwork. I am currently working (sporadically) on a biggish project it is a redwork cowl for medieval re-enactment. And I am running out of fill patterns. I love yours. Mind  you, mine isn't counted, so no-where as regular as yours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you. Make me something for my wedding next year (pink and white) and I'll make yourself something lovely

www.pinterest.com/edelc
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2018 12:07:17 PM »

Class:  Astronomy
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Purple Flower Pot Arrangements

Brief Description:  When we moved into our house a little over 2 years ago, I bought two planters and planter stands for the front porch.  The only problem?  Sunlight only hits those pots for about 2 hours in the summer, as the sun is rising over the neighborhood, but as soon as it's partway up, the pots are in a shadow cast by the house itself, so I have trouble getting plants to grow there in summer, and in fall & winter it's impossible to keep even the hardiest plants alive.  Since the two plants that were in the pots over the summer finally gave up the ghost about a month ago, I decided to create some new arrangements for autumn.  I picked up some purple silk mums that match my September/November autumn wreath, as well as my October creepy Halloween wreath.  I also got some faux ivy, and some weighted floral foam bases.  The bases have enough weight to stay in the pots even in the wind, but I can also just pick them up and take them out when I'm ready to replace them with their winter counterparts.     
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2018 12:39:30 PM »

Advanced Studies Friday Update

::Sigh::  I'm sad to report that I did NOT complete my graphghan in time to give it to my friend & stylist when I saw her on Wednesday.  I had actually called and gotten the receptionist, Marcus, to help me out by moving my appointment by 2 weeks, out to the last one she had open before she leaves for her wedding, but even though I've been hooking night and day, it wasn't enough to finish.  (Last Friday I was still in the middle of the eyes.)  I'm somewhere around 88% done with the graph.  22 Rows left to go, then I want to add some sort of simple border.  On the upside, I brought Marcus donuts for helping me out, and he was excited to see the progress pics on Wednesday.   Cheesy 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Monsters!
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Picture Frame Tray
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Dino Cups

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...