A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,691
Currently Running With Scissors:
204 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong ~ Yule Term 2018/19*~ CLOSED  (Read 22099 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
FiberAlchemist
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: January 29, 2019 11:25:30 AM »

Abbee, what a cute pendant!

I have more things to turn in...

Class: Apparition
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Beauty is in the eye
Brief Description: Painting is something I like to do when I want a quiet meditative craft. I decided I wanted to give miniature painting a try, so I purchased a Beholder (from Dungeons and Dragons) mini and gave it a shot. Im really pleased with my final result and will probably continue painting minis because it was really relaxing.
Project Picture:

Class: Astronomy
Project Name: Sprinkles Baby Quilt
Brief Description: I made this quilt for some friends who were expecting (theyve since had their baby). The design is composed of 6 diamond shapes joined together to make a star motif.
Project Picture:

Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts
Project Name: Gingerbread Christmas Cake
Brief Description: In addition to having a Friendsgiving this year we had a Friendsmas as everyone in our friend circle was unable to travel home for Christmas this year. I brought this cozy cake to enjoy after dinner and hopefully perk up everyones spirits.
Project Picture:

Class: Divination
Project Name: Whoopie Pies
Brief Description: I brought a batch of round, flat whoopie pies to a party. I didnt happen to get a picture of all of them; but only of the last bite of the last whoopie pie.
Project Picture:

Class: History of Magic
Project Name: Divided Dice Bag
Brief Description: At the beginning at 2018 I started playing Dungeons and Dragons again and while at that time I had a fairly sizable dice collection, it has since ballooned. I knew I wanted to make a divided bag (like Laura Baileys from Critical Role) so I set out to make one. This project proved more difficult that I initially thought it would be. I struggled at getting the correct sized circle to set in for the bottom of the bag and lining. I then struggled with sewing the divider section into the lining, and after fighting with my sewing machine for too long, I settled on sewing it in by hand. I still bothers me that I couldnt figure out how to do it by machine. But its done and I love it.
Project Picture:

Class: Detention: October
Project Name: Battle Mat Sling
Brief Description: I made this with fabric from my stash.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: January 29, 2019 11:54:03 AM »

Fiber, your baby quilt came out so lovely!  And OMG, your dice bag is phenomenal.  I don't play, but DH does.  He's going to Gary Con in March, and I'm working on a dragon egg scale-maile dice bag for it.  But now you have me wondering if I should try your divided bag instead!  What to do, what to do...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #302 on: January 29, 2019 08:53:06 PM »

Class:  DADA
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name:  Coconut Macaroons
Project Page Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=457312.0
Brief Description: cookies to share at a local funeral, for a cheer up for those poor neighbors.
Project Picture:

Class:  Headmistress ~Broomstick
Project Name:  Balloon Witchcraft
Project Page Link: -
Brief Description: Gryffindor is in State Fair play and they asked me to make them a bunch of balloon animals for props.  Here's a handful!  Maybe only half of what I took.  One of the teen boys got wide eyed at the balloons inside balloons and said "What kind of balloon witchcraft is this?!?"  I told him I was going to use that phrase for the rest of my life now. 
Project Picture:

Class:  Potions
Project Name:  Rainbow Balloon Arch
Project Page Link: -
Brief Description: a fun rainbow balloon arch to keep the cold away with a blast of sunshine.
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019 09:01:20 PM by patty_o_furniture » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PattyO's Pinterest

15 year old daughter ISO a kid/teen craft swap partner!
gaudiknight
« Reply #303 on: January 30, 2019 01:05:04 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
Project Name: Accidental Littlefee Silver Spiderwebs Dress
Brief Description: According to the pottermore quiz, my patronus is a Thestral.  I'm not really sure how I feel about that, but a black dress featuring silver spiderwebs sort of fits the mood.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jellybean89

(she/her) Ravenclaw :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: January 30, 2019 01:18:07 PM »

FiberAlchemist - I love your dice bag! Grin

patty_o_furniture - coconut macaroons! Shocked  those look like the mystery coconut desserts that a local restaurant has - I've been wondering what they were (because they're really good!), but I keep forgetting to ask!

-----

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
SPEW: n/a
Project Name: Bookshelf Bookmark
Project Page Link: n/a
Brief Description: For Flying class, I made a bookmark for my partner in the Winter Book Swap using two very different materials - paper and plastic! Smiley
Project Picture:

(I didn't get a photo after I cut it out & laminated it, but you can see the finished bookmark in the gallery here: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=456662.msg5512089;topicseen#msg5512089)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 30, 2019 01:55:00 PM »

Omigosh, I love that dice bag! Skating in with probably my last project for the semester unless I have a really productive night tonight...

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
Project Name: Fair Isle Quick Ombre Hat
Brief Description: Stranded color knitting is the thing I've most wanted to learn since I started knitting.  I've dabbled with swatches and watched a million Craftsy/Bluprint classes on it, but never fully committed.  But it finally clicked!  I really got going with both hands during our last D&D session, and I made my husband roll for me so that I could keep going and get it into my muscle memory!   Grin  I don't love the way the colors turned into each other, since you really can't see the blue/blue speckled section, but just learning the technique was worth the whole project. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #306 on: January 30, 2019 08:01:32 PM »

Popping for a last hurrah, LOL!

Class: Transfiguration
Project Name: Wee Booties for Special Pudding
Project Description:
OK so big news. Some of you may remember that my daughter got married (!!) in August. Well, I just found out that she's expecting! The baby is due a month after their first anniversary. Smiley In light of that, I was too distracted to do my Transfiguration homework successfully, hence the fur (yarn.) My daughter is in grad school for Traditional Chinese Medicine, and 2 of her profs have independently said they believe the baby is a girl, so I made these teensy booties for her!
Project Pic: (Lens cap for scale)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: January 31, 2019 06:46:55 AM »

@fishstix43: Your hat is stunning!  Way to go learning a new technique.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: January 31, 2019 01:20:14 PM »

Note from the Headmistress....

Reminder that this term of the HPC ends tonight, at midnight, Headmistress time!  (That's Central Standard Time.  If you're not sure, Google it.)  Our new term will open tomorrow morning, after Headmistress Jennie has had at least a full cup of tea!  Wink  Please don't post in the new thread until I announce that it is officially open.  Thank you!

~*Headmistress Jennie casts the Homunculus Charm ~ We are here!*~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #309 on: January 31, 2019 01:32:17 PM »

Time for the end-of-semester project dump (sorry Mistress Jennie!)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention - October
Project Name: Rose Doll Dress
Brief Description: My stash is ever-growing and never-ending, and a constant source of amazement. 

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention - December
Project Name: Bathroom Ceiling
Brief Description: This story is going to read much like Mistress Jennie's but with much less "wow" factor (the pics don't show much of anything).  I moved into my condo about a year and a half ago, and the previous owner made many decisions that I question.  One was painting the ceiling of my very small and inadequately ventilated bathroom with flat paint.  With all the moisture it absorbed paint has been peeling for a while, but it wasn't until this January that I was ready to tackle the snowball-project of the bathroom.  After many hours of scraping (when we discovered the ceiling hadn't been properly primed in the first place), two coats of self-leveling primer to try to smooth things out (mixed results, but I'm not skilled enough to tackle a skim coat of plaster) and a coat of semigloss paint later, we have a somewhat presentable ceiling!  The bathroom is still very much a work in progress (I've torn out everything but the tub and gotten the floor down to bare concrete) but I hope to be able to show off the finished results soon!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention - January
Project Name: Floral Doll Dress
Brief Description: I had the pieces for this dress cut out and languishing in my stash for about a year.  I finally put it all together in January.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Insulated Lunch Sack
Take a Bath!
Meal Prep Monday: Indian-Inspired Savory English Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...