A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
124 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 56
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Circular Shrug / Vest - Scale Model - TUTORIAL  (Read 338470 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
cha.cha.cha.
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2005 11:56:24 AM »

FANTASTIC job everyone who finished this! i am really impressed with the ingenuity of the entire project- hooray for reverse engineering! these are also the nicest examples of using super-cheap yarn and coming out with something exceptional.

can someone help with the following please?

it seems like each one is dramatically smaller than the origional version. I know there has been some discussion on how to lengthen/widen it, but how would one go about making it the SAME size as the origional? as in- big enough to make for a nice folded shawl collar and long enough to touch, say, the top of the pants in the back-

thanks so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog!  http://nomoresweaters.blogspot.com

how do you catch a unique squirrel?............. u-nique up on it.
kategirl
queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2005 12:35:09 PM »

it seems like each one is dramatically smaller than the origional version. I know there has been some discussion on how to lengthen/widen it, but how would one go about making it the SAME size as the origional? as in- big enough to make for a nice folded shawl collar and long enough to touch, say, the top of the pants in the back-

just knitting more ribbing would be one solution.  just knit quite a bit longer on each side of the ribbing, and maybe don't knit as much in the other pattern (basically you want to only be seaming the ribbing, none of the other stuff).  that should do it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ctgirl
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2005 08:41:44 PM »

kategirl-Thanks for the suggestion.....I had actually thought about that, but I ended up frogging it anyways.  I am about 4 inches into the mock rib already, so it went pretty quick.  Yeah for my new job and public transportation!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
swshrmuffins
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2005 08:56:48 PM »

oh goodness...

I am so excited about this project! I stumbled across it and fell in love with it.
The only thing is... I think it is too wide.... I am using Keridiana's pattern and I did 210 sts on the size 9 needles.... but the width looks like it might be enormous.

It measures about 22-24" across.... about how wide was everyone else's? Maybe it just won't be a short sweater... it might just have to be long....  Roll Eyes   You guys used worsted weight yarn too right? harrumph....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mayviss
« Reply #214 on: September 30, 2005 05:26:17 AM »

oh goodness...

I am so excited about this project! I stumbled across it and fell in love with it.
The only thing is... I think it is too wide.... I am using Keridiana's pattern and I did 210 sts on the size 9 needles.... but the width looks like it might be enormous.

It measures about 22-24" across.... about how wide was everyone else's? Maybe it just won't be a short sweater... it might just have to be long....  Roll Eyes   You guys used worsted weight yarn too right? harrumph....

Don't forget to take into account - after you do your 2x2 rib, you'll decrease all that in half.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
swshrmuffins
« Reply #215 on: September 30, 2005 06:38:14 AM »

Don't forget to take into account - after you do your 2x2 rib, you'll decrease all that in half.

I have already done about 4 inches of the mock rib stitch and did decrease my stitches by half.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Autumnsnowdust
« Reply #216 on: September 30, 2005 08:01:56 AM »

oh goodness...

It measures about 22-24" across.... about how wide was everyone else's? Maybe it just won't be a short sweater... it might just have to be long....  Roll Eyes   You guys used worsted weight yarn too right? harrumph....

I found that CO 180 sts works for me.  What yarn are you using?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psy
« Reply #217 on: September 30, 2005 08:14:53 AM »

Adriafil just posted a pattern like this on their site.

http://www.adriafil.com

It's actually under the Mississippi Waistcoat pattern. It has sleeves.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
karissabissa
« Reply #218 on: September 30, 2005 09:01:26 AM »

Ooo...these are all over the place right now!  That Adriafil pattern is cute!  I just bought some grey Simply Soft and hope to get started this weekend. 

I saw these on the Free People site (somebody posted a link to a different sweater on the other knitting board and they have suuuuuch cute sweaters)...

Kit Yarn Cocoon Cardigan

Boho Sparkle Crop Cardigan

Any ideas on how one would adjust the Circular Shrug to fasten on one side rather than the middle like the Cacoon Cardigan?  I think one side is actually longer.  Maybe just more ribbing?

-Karissa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crabby
Tall, crabby, crafty.

This dog rules

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: September 30, 2005 09:31:22 AM »

Wow Karissa - cute cardigans (shrugs?)!!  I think the first one does just have longer ribbing - I like how it overlaps like that.  Does the body somehow look longer but not wider, too??  As in, longer from shoulder to waist, but not correspondingly wider around the body?  Hmmm....sounds like a job for the Craftster deconstruction crew!

And the second one reminds me of Lion Brand landscapes yarn - very cute. 

I'm about 5" into the mock rib, and am hoping to finish the thing in the next couple of days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 56 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...