A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 314,279
Currently Running With Scissors:
565 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 56
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Circular Shrug / Vest - Scale Model - TUTORIAL  (Read 324490 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

LilMissPink
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2005 08:45:56 AM »

Ok here is mine....I like it, but it didn't turn out exactly like i hoped.  I decided to add the ribbed collar right at the end, but I like it.  I used a skien of caron simply soft i had laying around.  I want to try one using the other method and see how it turns out.  This thing is lacy, but boy was it hot to try on in this heat!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/ctgirl/craftster/circlefront.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/ctgirl/craftster/circleback.jpg

I don't know about you, but I think that would look nice if you picked up stitches on the bottom edge and made it into a tie-front shrug. Am I right?  Huh
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010 10:45:43 AM by jungrrl - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everybody likes pink. People who think otherwise are in denial.
briteros
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2005 11:04:38 AM »

ok here was my try. i started off using the T-method, but then realized that it was a bit small so after binding off in the middle, i cast on some more stitches to make the shape of the shrug (pre-seaming) kinda like an H on its side. i will definitely have to try again, but this is the one for my friend (and thank goodness she's smaller than i am since this shrug was a bit snug for me)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

blogging away at purly brites

visit my etsy store! www.yarn-lust.com
spirals
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2005 12:53:38 PM »

I've posted a tutorial on my blog

http://spiralz.tripod.com/blog/index.blog?entry_id=1194667

for this vest:

http://www.bebe.com/Main/browse_detail.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524442545980&FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374302797846#

Please let me know any comments/questions/suggestions.
This tutorial is a draft, as it's the first one I've done (please see blog comments).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yahaira
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2005 01:13:53 PM »

briteros, your shrug/vest looks great! was this the yesterknits pattern or keridianas?  I still have to get mine started but Im currently clearing my ufo list away. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog --->
www.bitterpurl.com

my store --->
www.pureknits.com
briteros
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2005 01:44:09 PM »

it was a combination of both i guess. i tried to do it as the T-shape that the yesterknits pattern called for, except that i cast on the long edge (instead of casting on the short end like the yesterknits pattern called for). i don't remember how many stitches i cast on exactly -- i think it wsas around 150. then i did 2x2 ribbing for about 6 inches, switched to mock rib (from keri's pattern) for 6 more inches. then i cast off to try to make the bottom part of the T shape, but realized it was going to be too snug... so i frogged back to that point, and cast on a bunch of more stitches to add more room to the sides of the shrug. i'm planning on knitting another one, i promise i'll write down more details when i do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blogging away at purly brites

visit my etsy store! www.yarn-lust.com
zona

....tastes of human, sir.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2005 11:05:08 AM »

Ok, so this thing is so cute that i just need to make one for myself. I got the pattern from Yesterknits and am ready to attack it!
But here's a questions for y'all..........

How do i go about making this a long sleeved thing?

Anybody??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little blog : http://zona.livejournal.com/

www.twirlgirlfibers.etsy.com - unique, handspun and hand dyed yarn and fiber!

The Dye-no-mite! Swap is starting soon. Come join in! http://www.dye-no-mite.blogspot.com/
gracella

I hope life isn't one big joke cuz I don't get it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2005 08:17:08 PM »

Ok, so this thing is so cute that i just need to make one for myself. I got the pattern from Yesterknits and am ready to attack it!
But here's a questions for y'all..........

How do i go about making this a long sleeved thing?

Anybody??

try pick up stitches around the edges of the openings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
penguino
« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2005 12:03:34 AM »

http://photos23.flickr.com/31537212_0a3161e64d_m.jpg

Um... I've never posted a picture before, so here goes.

I finished the Yesterknits pattern this afternoon.  I made a more summery version using Cotton Ease.  It took 2 balls for the smallest size.  The only adjustment I made was in length, because I was concerned about it being too long.  Looks like I overdid it because now it's on the shorter side.  Overall, this was a really easy knit, almost relaxing.

My gauge was 5 stitches/ inch so I cast on 55 stitches to start with.

I may still add some length, and hopefully a little extra to the shawl collar.  I'm thinking about picking up stitches and knitting in 2x2 ribbing for a few inches.  Otherwise, this pattern is really simple, and the result is fairly cute.  Can't wait to see more.

(Sorry about the bad picture, there is motion.  But I'm home alone.)

This is very cute.  I just received the pattern.

I am also thinking about using cotton ease.  I have two balls of cotton ease in my stash.  For your version, did u have a lot left on the second ball?  Or do u think I will need three balls to make the yesterknit pattern.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010 10:45:54 AM by jungrrl - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting » THIS ROCKS   Logged

julsey723
How do I know about reality? I just play with sticks and string.

do you have jello?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2005 08:04:45 AM »

I'm working on keridiana's original idea (but knit in one piece)...And I figured something else out by looking incessantly at the photos from the UO website...

knit the mock rib section about 20 inches (or 4 inches longer than you were planning for your arm hole), and seam two inches into the mock rib part on either side.  This creates the cap sleeve effect.

I'm not there yet, so i can't post pics, but i've tried it on...and i think that's the ticket!   Will keep you all posted.

-Julia
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005 08:12:50 AM by julsey723 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

**PM me if you have a copy of Patons Street Smart for sale or swap**
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________')
blog: www.peonyknits.blogspot.com
shop: www.julsey723.etsy.com
guessica
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2005 08:27:24 PM »

ooh, exciting, julia!  can't wait to see your photos. 

i'm aching to jump in and do a full-sized experiment, but unfortunately i've saddled myself with my current project - a sweater on size 2 needles.  sigh  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.figandplum.com/

a plum fine blog, with crafts and news about nothing in particular
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 56 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Suit Jacket Purse

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...