A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 315,264
Currently Running With Scissors:
189 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A journal from you and me for EdelC  (Read 590 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 03, 2018 06:59:16 AM »

I asked round to see if a few of you wanted to send some little notes and such to include in a journal for edelC and was sent some really lovely little bits and pieces of encouragement and affection for our friend who has gone through a great deal this past year. Thank you all very much for contributing and to anybody who didn't get a chance, there's no reason you couldn't send a note now for Edel to include with the others Smiley.

The cover is a lovely silk sari I made curtains for our bedroom with, there was a piece left over and this seemed the perfect project for that precious little bit.

The metallic embroidery did funny things when fused to stabilizer on the reverse but I liked the texture it made so that was all good.

The front inside pocket lining is this watery batik I really love and an assortment of fun ribbons for place holders.

Look at all the love from you people! I see bits from Wulf, Onyxnox, pottermouth, geekgirl1000100, I think the envelop with the letter inside is from fatewineroses and the circular yellow note from Kayrun. I think. The journal took over 3 months to arrive, I thought I would remember every detail but that's a long time for mom-brain to hold onto things! These are scattered throughout the book so as Edel is jotting notes she'll come across random little sentiments from far away friends <3.

Here are some lovelies from lindyv321, I think the atc sized card is from alteredmommy, Edel please confirm I have that one correct.

These ones are from rackycoo and Abbeeroad, also card fronts and decorated envelop bits from your letters to me.  

Here are stamps from the cards and letters people sent and a flamingo card from someone, Edel please let me know who sent that one too.

Both front and back pocket were jammed with bits for fun scrapbooking, there are so many tid bits from your letters in here too, friends. You are going to be included in a lot of future projects!

It was wrapped in this larger piece of rainbow woven boro stitch, I hope you'll find something good to do with that Edel Smiley.

And just to let you know, it was received at her first day back to work after the summer break and yes, it did make her cry lots of happy tears. Our loving each other through this awesome crafty place makes a difference in each other's lives. Thank you all again, so much. This is the best place anywhere!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018 05:11:10 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018 07:52:06 AM »

What a beautiful journal! So much love and caring in those pages already and it's only going to get more and more gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 17
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

With even more hair!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018 05:07:06 AM »

This made me cry so many happy tears when I received it. The journal is lovely, I adore the sari fabric and CLM stuffed the ends with gorgeous paper ephemera and the cutest paper clips. The boro fabric is divine- I have to figure out something love to make with it.

But then I started working my way through the pages and all the wonderful wonderful messages. It made me feel so loved and expanded my heart about a millionfold.

Most of the day, I kept picking it up and reading the messages and it was difficult to put it down. The journal took a long time to arrive and then it waited at work for me to come back after the summer vacation. (I work at a college) So it was my first day back and I was a little apprehensive, despite the long (nailbiting) wait, it literally could not have arrived on a better day.

Thank you all so so much. But mostly CLM for being an amazing friend and support through all this

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you. Make me something for my wedding in june (pink and white) and I'll make yourself something lovely

www.pinterest.com/edelc
fatewineroses

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018 02:00:23 AM »

Im so happy to see what finally made it to you Edel! CLM, you are amazing! I dont remember what else I made but I definitely made the flamingo card. What else to make when someone asks you to do something for Edel?  Cheesy

I agree CLM. This place is amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018 06:15:58 PM »

It was so lovely reading the sweet notes from so many of you, I bet it makes Edel smile every time she turns a page. Thank you all very much for contributing. I adored this project Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Book Jewelry
Let's Spool Up!
Meatless Monday: Spinach and Cheese Gnocchi Bake

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...