A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 315,264
Currently Running With Scissors:
199 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: That one blanket you always go back to  (Read 378 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Lilibet
Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: August 27, 2018 01:42:49 AM »

Hi everyone!

Long time, no see! I have been absent for quite a while, due to personal problems (Fixed those) and Photobucket issues that bummed me out so hard that I saw no need anymore to share my work with you (Photobucket fixed those, luckily). So maybe you'll see more of me in the future.

I have a burning question for this wonderful community. Recently a lot of people in my circle of friends became pregnant. To those that I am close, I always want to crochet something. But I have lost my drive, so to speak. Not for crocheting itself, I still love doing that. But I have run out of ideas about what to make. One person gave me her desired blankie, so I made that. Or better, am struggling with it, as I don't really like it. The other blanket is almost on the needle. Person three (best friend in the entire world) will get an amigurumi item, something that I don't like either, but I just cannot find the right blanket pattern for her. And for my cousin, I am at a total loss.

So, I was wondering... What baby blanket pattern do you always go back to? What is that one pattern that always seem to work, regardless the colours you choose, or the person you're making it for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018 03:09:49 PM »

I haven't crocheted a blanket in some time, but slanted shell stitch was my go-to for a good while.

I also really like to make it up as I go. Try new stitches, different combinations of stitches, different-sized stripes, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NoShowJr
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019 09:49:22 PM »

I dont tend to make many, but have made a couple of these and love the look of them. The second one I had to reduce the size a lil as I was using a discontinued skein from someone else. So its size is adjustable.
https://www.michaels.com/lion-brand-pound-of-love-crochet-dreamy-lace-baby-throw/B_83404.html?productsource=projects#q=Dreamy+lace+baby+throw&start=1
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lotuspixie
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019 05:19:00 PM »

The granny ripple pattern is a favorite of mine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Book Jewelry
Let's Spool Up!
Meatless Monday: Spinach and Cheese Gnocchi Bake

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...