A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
181 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: MRI detox juice  (Read 435 times)
Tags for this thread: detox , juice , ginger , tumeric  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 19, 2018 04:17:10 PM »

Nobody mentioned to me that I was going to get an IV full of mystery medicine at my scary MRI appointment today. What an unpleasant surprise Sad. I looked it up, it's stuff called gadolinium and it does not sound like a healthy thing to have inside a ya so I also looked up how to detox it.
Now, I am not a big proponent of detox diet this and juice fast that for every day body maintenance. I worked in the alternative health industry and woo, people do some crazy things. My big take away from that time though was that radical occurrences sometimes require an equal and opposite radical happening to counter balance them.
This radioactive looking brew was my effort of the day, it should be good for assisting the body's own natural detoxification system to cleanse the blood and fluids of whatever whatever. I take this sort of thing when I've had any unusual junk introduced to my system and at the very least it's a big hit of minerals and micro-nutrients so it's all kinds of good.

It's got organic parsley, cilantro, celery, apple, turmeric and ginger roots, and cucumber from our garden. I made enough for today and three 6-8oz servings tomorrow which I will have between meals. It tastes about as good as it sounds  Lips sealed Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018 05:18:38 AM »

Thank you for this recipe! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018 05:45:03 AM »

You are welcome. More apple can be added to dilute the bitter greens. I'm starting the day out with a glass of it, it's mellowed a bit overnight but still isn't tasty at all.
I'm working on a liver tonic tea today, I can post that recipe later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018 05:58:04 PM »

Ludi this is the tea I researched and made today. These herbs are known to support the functioning of the body's own detoxification organs, kidney and liver, and aid in filtering out anything that should not be in the body fluids.

Use about a tsp of dried herb per cup of water. It keeps in the fridge for 2 days and can be consumed at the rate of 1 cup 3 times a day. You may use fresh nettle and parsley, check the proportions online. Make equal amounts of each tea or look up the properties of the herbs and use more or less of what you feel is personally beneficial.

Infuse dried nettle in boiled water for 4 hours or overnight. Strain.
Infuse dried parsley in boiled water, steep 5-10 mins and strain.
Simmer marshmallow root in water for 20 minutes, strain.
Simmer dandelion root for 15 minutes. Let settle, strain.

Combine all and drink hot or cold, sweeten if desired, add lemon to disguise bitterness.

*** check contraindications with any drugs being taken. Herbs, while mild medicine, can affect blood sugar levels, blood clotting etc and even a small change may be inadvisable when under the altered state created by powerful pharmaceutical drugs. Herbs are lovely supportive medicine and can work well with an allopathic regimen. If there is any confusion or uncertainty, consult an expert in the field.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018 06:04:39 PM »

I think all those herbs are safe to consume in quite large quantities; they are some of the most nutritious vegetables available (parsley, dandelion, nettle).  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018 06:19:22 PM »

I agree that they are all quite body friendly. I think there is a lot to be said about the power of intention when making an herbal tonic to treat specific conditions rather than, say, over consuming tabbouleh at a potluck. I am not very airy-fairy-crunchy-granola despite being raised by hippies, haha, but if regular old doctors can chalk up the "coincidental" healing impact of herbal medicine to the placebo effect than so can we say that what one thinks of as medicine may have a stronger impact on the body than what is consumed for lunch.

What is hilarious to me is that even a doctor that swears herbs do nothing more than season dishes in the kitchen will bark about the contraindications during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Really? If they don't DO anything, what's the fuss? Health care is WEIRD. Even the Hippocratic oath they swear says stuff about food as medicine but they get zero nutritional training. Sigh. I just try to do what I feel is right for my body. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321
Cooking Moderator

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018 02:57:15 PM »

Thank you for sharing! I may try it when I over indulge on bad foods or cocktails
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018 04:15:43 PM »

Include lots of ginger for days like those, it's such stomach soother Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...