A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,945
Currently Running With Scissors:
253 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TM Style pouch, tutorial  (Read 409 times)
Tags for this thread: pouch  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 11, 2018 02:45:08 PM »

TM squares take a whole lot of time to make. If you're wanting a bag, even a small one, it can be ages getting all the pieces finished. Here's a quicker way to make the whole bag at once.

Cut 16 squares of different fabric, match up into 8 sets and stitch 3 sides of each set.

Sew together as shown (leaving the unstitched parts on the outside edges of the 4 piece squares). You can see that I added a longer piece at the top of one set of 4, this will become the flap. Leave it open on one side as well. Alternately you can add another closure of your choice, you don't need to make the flap like I did.

Here is the reverse, this will be the inside of the bag.

Stuff each square lightly with stuffing or bits of batting, you can even use squares of felt or fleece. Whip stitch around the edges with contrasting embroidery floss, fold over and whip stitch closed those open sides where you inserted the stuffing.

You will have puffy little things now, to flatten it all into a more reasonable density embroider and embellish each square.
I added a small loop of elastic to close the bag when it's all joined. You could use a snap or some velcro instead.

Place the front and back of the bag together and stitch the sides and bottom. I guesstimated button placement, check to ensure whatever closure you're using lines up properly and voila, you are fini!

There's another tutorial for the bag on the left, an even quicker version.

And the quickest one I've come up with yet, 2 hours from start to finish.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018 02:46:11 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018 02:47:29 PM »

Disclaimer: this is an older project I never posted here that I am now moving over from another site.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
Sharalee
http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018 10:23:00 PM »

This is good too! I like how you put it together! It's more like TM patches. On the other one you could put felt or stuffing under each square & maybe put a lining in it. B-)

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018 05:09:48 AM »

There's so much possibility with them for sure! I'm going to make some glasses cases & try out a couple ideas.
They don't really need a lining, the fabric on the inside is already like a lining. I am careful to bury my knots & any long connector stitches if you know what I mean. That way there's nothing to catch on or come loose inside the bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Bibs from Old Shirts
Meatless Monday: Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake with Vegan Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Mondrian Inspired Tri-Shutter Card

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...