A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is super awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 321,157
Currently Running With Scissors:
205 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How do you use Craftster?  (Read 235 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

curiousfae
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

mecca-lecca-hi mecca-hiney-ho!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 28, 2018 07:28:44 PM »

So for years here on Craftster, every time I login I only really look at my bookmarked topics to read the new posts and occasionally will click on a thumbnail on the homepage to read a post. Once in awhile I will catch a thumbnail at the bottom of a post and I will visit that thread as well. I do not feel like I am being very efficient and not getting as much out of Craftster as I'd like. I know I am missing so much of what goes on around here and it drives me crazy. How do you all check the other boards and posts? Should I have my preferences set different so I am aware of new stuff? Do you just go to the Community tab and click each heading to catch the new posts?

Help! I wanna see all the stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018 07:50:22 PM »

I click the most recent posts tab & if I run out of pages & am still seeing new stuff I click recent with photos. I see every post here, I miss absolutely nothing Smiley.

That said, I often wish the things that are only posted in the craft-alongs & swaps I don't participate in also got their own posts so I felt I could comment on them. There is a lot that stays hidden away & missed by many.

Oh, I also check out profiles & look at topics & images posted by anybody who's made a project I like & have stumbled upon. I'll click tags too, I found a whole bunch of perpetual calendars just today doing that. So cool!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018 07:56:53 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I AM IN NEED OF GIRAFFE ITEMS!
70 giraffe gifts for mom's 70th this December, party decorations too. Please message me if you can help, thanks Smiley.

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
geekgirl1000100

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018 09:52:01 AM »

I also click on Most Recent Posts and if I sign in regularly I can kinda keep up.
There are so many different boards its hard to go check each one.
I will occasionally comment in a swap or craft-a-long Im not in but not that often
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JoyfulClover

Live long and prosper

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018 02:18:35 PM »

I typically only post in the swap threads so I rely heavily on the "Recent with Pictures".  For all the rest, if I've posted in a thread, I get those updates, and will continue to follow some of the more unique ones, especially when someone has asked the original poster a question.  And then let the link expire after it's been answered.

I used to use the bookmarks differently, but went back and now only have the ones I am interested in potentially trying myself, but I have seen you comment you use the bookmarks!  Which is smart because then you can just tick, tick, tick down the bookmarks list, for those with comments.

CLM is really on top of her CSter Game! She never misses a beat! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018 08:22:47 AM »

For browsing, I do the right side (blue) buttons, "Replies To Your Posts" first and then "Most Recent Posts."  "Articles" on the yellow tape measure tool bar at the top takes you to all of the blog articles.  LOTS of goodness there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
Patraw

Sparklers aren't toothpaste!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018 09:03:16 AM »

If there's a particular thread I want to check on (like the July 2018 ATC gallery at the moment), I go there first, otherwise I look at "most recent posts", "recent with pictures", or just click on the new project thumbnails on the main page.  When the site is busy, sometimes I still miss things if they get bumped off of the ten pages of the most recent things.  If I've got time to kill and nothing better to do, I also just browse through the sub-forums, one-by-one, to see if anything catches my eye.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018 11:20:05 AM »

When the site is busy, sometimes I still miss things if they get bumped off of the ten pages of the most recent things.

I do have this on the improvement/additions list (to increase that number beyond ten)! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
curiousfae

mecca-lecca-hi mecca-hiney-ho!

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018 06:21:36 PM »

great info! thanks guys Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Messenger Bag
Black and White and Red All Over
Meatless Monday: Summer Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...