A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 314,348
Currently Running With Scissors:
227 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Favorite Book Swap rd 2  (Read 1213 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2018 06:53:53 AM »

I love the fabric on that bag! And the tree is so pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theartofarejay
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

The Art of RJ Anderson

Aspiring art-nerd/biologist

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2018 07:49:43 PM »

Glad you love everything Anna! It's actually the Madeleine bag you had on your pinterest Wink and yepp, you guessed right, that's definitely the apple tree Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"My home is deep in the forest near the roots of the mountains."
"Mornings are for coffee and contemplation."
"Pity the poor in spirit who know neither the enchantment nor the beauty of language."

https://www.instagram.com/lotus.eater.art/
anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2018 01:22:58 PM »

Glad you love everything Anna! It's actually the Madeleine bag you had on your pinterest Wink and yepp, you guessed right, that's definitely the apple tree Cheesy

That explains the nice long strap, yay! I have to say, I really prefer the printed words for the baked goodies than actual pictures. But make me crave cookies too though, so...

I've finished the book now, love that apple tree! And the book, so much! This was a very, very good pick.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018 01:27:09 PM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

my Pinterest
theartofarejay

The Art of RJ Anderson

Aspiring art-nerd/biologist

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018 11:36:27 PM »

I received the best parcel from anna.wahnsinn!!

Here's what I saw when I first opened it... super curious to see what the galaxy fabric is Shocked

All the books together! The Hitch Hiker's trilogy is the book she chose for the theme, and then spoiled me with some Terry Pratchett (I've been meaning to dive into Discworld, just didn't know where to start!).

The first thing I unwrapped was this embroidery hoop with a quote from The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. I love it so much!

Secondly I unwrapped this gorgeous galaxy bracelet (the picture doesn't do it justice at all!).

And this Hitch Hiker's themed bracelet!

Finally got to the galaxy fabric Shocked this is one of my favorite extras I've received! It fits great, I already wore it to dinner tonight Cheesy

Thanks for being an awesome partner Anna!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"My home is deep in the forest near the roots of the mountains."
"Mornings are for coffee and contemplation."
"Pity the poor in spirit who know neither the enchantment nor the beauty of language."

https://www.instagram.com/lotus.eater.art/
anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2018 09:11:02 AM »

I'm so happy you like it!

But the most important thing to remember now is don't go and buy books 4 & 5, they are in that omnibus version too!

As for Pratchett... personally I mostly keep reading/listening to some (about 10?) of the later long novels. But from time to time I do enjoy the earlier ones that get you aquainted with the Discworld. Plus, one of the first two does have some space travel in it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

my Pinterest
excelsior
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2018 09:00:37 PM »

I love Discworld! Granny Weatherwax and the witches are my faves. "I ate'nt dead.'" I also like the police force of oddball cops, and in the junior series the character of young witch Tiffany Aching.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2018 07:59:53 PM »

Wow, Anna, great package!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Messenger Bag
Black and White and Red All Over
Meatless Monday: Summer Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...