A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is super awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 314,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
191 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Favorite Book Swap rd 2  (Read 1336 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

FiberAlchemist
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2018 10:30:02 AM »

After weeks of image posting issues, I finally broke down and created an off Craftster photo hosting account, so no I can show everyone the greatness that bunny1kenobi sent me!

The first book I found was Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz. I've never read anything by him but based on the book description and the amazing circus themed shadow box bunny1kenobi made, I am intrigued.

Also pictured is a cute bookmark that says, "I like big books and I cannot lie." I'm looking forward to adding it to my collection.

She also sent along the entire Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud. After reading about these books, I cannot believe I had never heard of them. They seem right in my wheelhouse - alternate history London, magic, djinni! I'm looking forward to diving into these this summer. To accompany these books there is a locket style necklace containing tiny versions of each book and a Bartimaeus & Mandrake Investigations t-shirt.

Thank you bunny1kenobi for such a wonderful package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2018 11:25:03 AM »

Whoops, I missed the gallery! This is what comes from being away on vacation, dang it. Awesome packages, awesome books! The Magician's Trilogy is on my to read list, some of the others, too. And I think I have Bartimaeus (first book?) somewhere. Maybe I really should get the books in some kind of order one day...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321
Cooking Moderator

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018 02:11:04 PM »

I enjoyed a Darker Shade of Magic and am jealous of The Magicians trilogy! I want to read those

Edit..
I came home and my package from wave light was here! She crafted based on The Princess Bride, Harry Potter, and Jurassic Park
First up the Princess Bride pillow covers

Fun magnetic words

Then some Jurassic Park soap that smells yummy!

And my favorite items that are based on Harry Potter

Thank you!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321
Cooking Moderator

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018 07:08:15 PM »

Wavelight has received so I wanted to share what I sent. The book I chose was Daughter of Smoke and Bone which has strong themes that involve angels, wishes, hamsas, and teeth. It sounds like a strange combo but it makes sense if you read the books! Here is what I made based on the book

And these were packaged in this box that I altered to kind of look like a book

Then not based on that book....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018 07:39:25 PM »

What a cute toad! And Im a big fan of the coasters! Espresso Patronum is pretty clever and I really like those pillow covers!  I LOVE the Beedle book and the wishbone necklace!

FiberAlchemist, I have finished and LOVE A Darker Shade of Magic, and I definitely want to continue on to the rest of the series!  I understand the hoopla and now appreciate even more, how freaking awesome it is!! I have started the Magicians trilogy and Im really enjoying it!

I hope you like the books I sent. Dean Koontz can be scary and suspenseful but also rather witty. Ive been corresponding with him for years and I find him quite funny. Very approachable also. That book is one of my faves of his.

The Bartinaeus trilogy is so great! A true favorite! It seems like it would suit your tastes nicely so hopefully it will make for some fun summer reading!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WaveLight23478
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2018 12:20:27 PM »

Ive still been having problems with posting photos so Im terribly sorry. But I loved everything and have already finished the book and started the sequel!! Thank you so much!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindyv321
Cooking Moderator

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018 01:41:40 PM »

No worries! There have been issues with photo hosting
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theartofarejay

The Art of RJ Anderson

Aspiring art-nerd/biologist

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018 08:57:34 PM »

Sorry for being a bit MIA lately everyone! Fieldwork and wedding season hit hard...

The gallery is wonderful so far! I love so many things.. the Tales of Beadle the Bard box, espresso patronum mug and HP coasters, shadowbox, the Magicians notebooks, crocheted toad, the gorgeous shawl to name a few! Great job everyone Cheesy

Hopefully mine and anna's parcels arrive soon Undecided it's always stressful waiting for international mail to arrive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"My home is deep in the forest near the roots of the mountains."
"Mornings are for coffee and contemplation."
"Pity the poor in spirit who know neither the enchantment nor the beauty of language."

https://www.instagram.com/lotus.eater.art/
anna.wahnsinn

You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2018 12:38:42 AM »

Sorry for being a bit MIA lately everyone! Fieldwork and wedding season hit hard...

The gallery is wonderful so far! I love so many things.. the Tales of Beadle the Bard box, espresso patronum mug and HP coasters, shadowbox, the Magicians notebooks, crocheted toad, the gorgeous shawl to name a few! Great job everyone Cheesy

Hopefully mine and anna's parcels arrive soon Undecided it's always stressful waiting for international mail to arrive.

What she says! And right back atcha, your package is here, and you did a perfect job crafting for me! I just came home from vacation around midnight and it was there, arrived on Friday or yesterday! Of course I had to take a quick peek before bed, and I'm so excited to get started with the book and discover the meaning of the cute gemstone tree and the purse (ack! so cute and perfect in black and purple and with tasty treats on it!)! The maple candy is delicious by the way, but so sad: it has a short expiration date and needs to be eaten practically immediately Wink

Thank you RJ, I love everything already! Will post pictures later today after some unpacking and scraping the kids off the walls, they are bouncing around between all our stuff which seems to be strewn all over here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2018 01:52:26 PM »

So here are my goodies:

All together: Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen (have started reading this morning at breakfast, and am going to finish it as soon as our house is empty and I mailed out another swap package, love it!), awfully yummy maple sirup candy, the cutest ever buttercup bag (right?) and the 4" gemstone apple tree
[/url]

The bag

Black, white and purple, with a very yummy fabric!

This was my first glimpse of the bag:

Lining, magnetic snap, and a zipper and two slip pockets!

And the tree!

I'd swear this is the apple tree that was already mentioned within the first few pages in Garden Spells and will most likely get more time, and the yummy bag comes from the main character's job as a caterer.

Thank you so much Robyn, this package is perfect for me! I love the book, and the the bag (which would be perfect even without the book), and the gemstone tree too!

(And now someone make those kids go to sleep or at least stay in bed quietly so I can read a few more pages! It is nearly 11pm, I'm so tired!)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018 01:54:42 PM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Buttercup Cream Cake
Happy Hobbit Day!
@Home This Weekend: Garden Painting

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...