A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 314,694
Currently Running With Scissors:
311 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Secret Santa-in-July Wishlist Swap - Sendouts by 8/1/18  (Read 14118 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

calluna
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 15, 2018 06:42:39 PM »

Swap name: Secret Santa-in-July Wishlist Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: calluna
Co-organizer: TBD
Sign-up date range: June 15-July 11
Claiming date range: June 15-July 31
Date to send item by: August 1, 2018

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no, the more the merrier!
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? Heck no!

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
Do you
- have at least as much fun giving as receiving?
- need small gifts for family, friends or coworkers?
- delight in sneaky, anonymous acts of kindness?
- collect handmade goods to donate to a charity?
- miss getting together online with your Craftster swap pals?

If any of these sound like you, then JOIN THE SECRET SANTA-IN-JULY SWAP!!

In this swap, you dont know who is sending to you. What makes it extra fun is that theres practically no limit to how many people you might receive from, and you can send to multiple people. And only the organizer (plus co-organizer if needed) knows the true identities of all these crafty elves!!

The minimum package to each person is 2 small items, or 1 medium.
Small and medium refer to time/effort or price, not actual physical size of item. What qualifies as a small item?
By time: About an hour (this is my own definition, not the usual one, because I can rarely finish ANYTHING in an hour!)
By size: Earrings, pendant, wallet, pouch, bookmarks, magnets, headband, simple hand-carved stamp, toy for pets
By price: $10 or less

If you want to participate, here is the information to send to calluna (please put Secret Santa in July signup as the subject):

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that you are at least 18 years old (yes/no)
Have you read and understand all the rules and details?
Do you have a camera to take pictures of your presents?
Can you list at least 5 crafted items and/or supplies on your wishlist? (If you dont have 5 for yourself, you can also list things for your loved ones, things to be abandoned as random acts of kindness, things to donate to charitable causes, etc.)
If there are clothing items on your list, what are the measurements and or sizes?
Is there anything else you would like your Secret Santa to know, which you dont want to publicize to the world on your wishlist? (Ill pass the info along only to the people who claim you)

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018 06:48:00 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018 06:45:47 PM »

How This Swap Works

Please post a little something in the Discussion or Gallery weekly once you sign up, to let everyone know youre still on board, even if you havent sent/received during the week. If you're going on vacation/holiday and planning to be away for a while, that's fine, just let us know.  Smiley

First, you send in your swap questionnaire, and after I verify that you are eligible, I will respond to you within 48 hours and add the swap to your profile. Then, youll post your wishlist in this thread. An index of everyones wishlists will be on the first page.

What to post on your wishlist:
DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED.

• Write a mini bio including what country you are in, allergies/aversions, and preferences in colors, themes, patterns, etc.
  • You should also add links to any online favorites, wishlist(s), or relevant info youre comfortable sharing with us, such as Ravelry name, Pinterest, and/or your blog. Being a Friend of Craftster also helps because you can include this info in your profile.
  • If you are requesting items for a charity, please share a link to that charity so we can learn more about them!
  • If you would be okay with duplicates of a certain item, please make note of that.
  • You must have at least 5 crafted items on your list. You can include large items and non-crafted extras in your wishlist, but the majority should be small and medium crafted items, and there should be no grumblings if you do not receive a large item or extras.

How to claim:
1.  Browse through everyones wishlists and friendly-stalk participants for ideas and affinities. Check the "Still Needs a Secret Santa" list to make sure everyone is getting claimed at least once.
2.  If you want to send to someone but arent certain you can get it done, just let the organizer know that its in the works. You can wait to put in a formal claim until youre ready to send, if that makes things easier for you.
3.  When youre ready to be a Secret Santa for someone: PM the organizer with "Secret Santa-claim" as the subject. Include in the body of the message who you want to claim, and what you plan to send them.
4.  If approved, you will receive the persons swap questionnaire with mailing address.
5.  Start crafting, or if you have finished crafting, take that awesomeness to the post office!

More about claims:
  • Claiming goes through the send-out deadline of August 1. The sooner you send, the sooner you can claim more people. No matter what date you claim someone, the send-out deadline is the same. Once you send the organizer confirmation of mailing a package, youll be approved to select another person.
  • *Friends of Craftster may claim up to 3 people at a time. (to become a Friend of Craftster, go here.
    *non FOCs who have been in 1+ other swaps previously may claim up to 2 people at a time.
    *first-time swappers may claim 2 (or 3 if a FOC) at a time after their 1st package has been sent.
  • There is no limit to how many times each person can be picked, but each person will be picked at least once by the end of the swap.
  • No one may be picked an additional time until everyone has been selected at least once (there is some flexibility with this at the start of the swap). Please post your wishlist in a timely manner when you are approved for the swap.
  • You need to be a Secret Santa to at least one person to receive positive feedback.

On the Santa Part of the Swap:
Theres no expectation of sending items that are Santa- or holiday-related. It might be kind of funny, though. Rather, the connection to Santa is the idea of making these packages truly special occasion presents and be festive, even though this is the opposite time of year from when such sentiments usually occur. Thus, youre requested to at least send a note along with the package (it can still be anonymous if you like), and do what you can to make the package special and relevant to the individuals preferences. This could mean gift-wrapping the item(s), or including some tiny extras as stocking stuffers, such as candy or small craft supplies for the recipients craft of choice.

Sending and Receiving:
  • You must PM organizer when you have sent and received. Do not PM the person you send to, because that will spoil the surprise!  Wink But definitely include the tracking number.
  • Organizer will PM participants when they have a package on the way (based on the messages I receive from Secret Santas who have shipped packages).
  • If you do celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah, consider observing the same gift-opening traditions as in December, instead of opening everything as soon as you receive it! And keeping in mind that some people might do this, if there are reasons to immediately open the package you send, let me know either via PM or by writing it on the box.
  • On the outside of the package you send, use something that will identify you to the organizer so I can keep track of your status without giving away your identity.  Cool

Other burning questions?
PM me or ask in the Discussion thread. Welcome aboard, and let the merriment begin!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018 09:04:19 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018 06:53:04 PM »

Click on the swapper's name below to go to their wishlist!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018 08:27:18 AM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018 06:59:15 PM »

Making My List, Checking It Twice...

SENT ~ RECEIVED ~ LATE WITH COMMUNICATION ~ LATE WITHOUT COMMUNICATION ~ Feedback given

Friends of Craftster (3 outstanding claims allowed at a time) :
    • craftylittlemonkey (Has 6 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Allspice & Olive the Other Reindeer & Peppermint Bark
    • edelC  (Has 3 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Gryla & Candace Caine & Doctor Mysterio
    • geekgirl1000100 (Has 6 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Dancer & Pumpkin Spice Latte & Geese A-Laying & Caroling & Blitzen & Mikulas
    • Grab a coffee (Has 6 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Gold Rings & Yukon Cornelius & Feliz Navidad & Clove
    • greybird (Has 6 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Dasher & Tinsel & Krampus & Mrs Claus & Prancer & Humbug & Hana Koko
    • jellybean89 (has 5 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Pipers Piping & Tiny Tim
    • kittykill (Has 4 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to You'll Shoot Your Eye Out Kid & Gingerbread
    • LadybugsAndBumblebees (Has 5 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Egg Nog & Snowbird & Pomander & Cindy Loo Who & Snowman & Sugarplum & Poinsettia & Jingle & Comet
    • Mlsocci74 (Has 4 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Popcorn Ball & Marley & Festivus & Misfit Toys & Christmas Island
    • quaggy (Has 6 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Drummers Drumming & Szaloncukor & Royal Tannenbaums & Mix-and-A-mingle & Uncle Buck & Rain Dear & Befana & John McClane & Gozinaki & Polar Express & Guadalupe & Triple Dog Dare & Cobbler
    • Smeddley (Has 5 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Jack Skellington & Nutcracker & Garland & Pfeffernusse & Douglas Fir & Blizzard
    • thanate (Has 5 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Wonderful Life & Good King Wency & Spiced Cider & Menorah & Missile Toe & Partridge Family in a Pear Tree & Wassail & Kringle & Lucia
    • underthemountain (Has 2 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Flaming Plum Pudding & Julbock

All other merry-makers (2 outstanding claims allowed at a time) :
    • Audania1 (Has 5 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Winter Wonderland & Mulled Wine
    • bec99 (Has 5 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Kinara & Bob Cratchit & Icicle & Yule Log & Stocking & Cupid & Badalisc & Benne Cake & Hot Buttered Rum
    • bellyjewel  (Has 5 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Ribbon Candy & Saturnalia
    • BigBangMomma (Has 5 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Eight Crazy Nights & Jack Frost & Star of Wonder & Dreidel Dreidel Dreidel & Hallmark
    • fishstix43 (Has 3 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Turtle Doves & Sleighbells
    • gala_apples (Has 4 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to The Little Saint Nick and French Hens
    • hereintherain (Has 5 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Roast Beast & Gumdrop
    • ilovesnails (Has 4 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Silver Bells & Emmett Otter
    • jemimah (Has 4 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Figgy Pudding & Rudolph & 34th Street & Maids A-milking & Thatha & Cinnamon Bear & Omisoka & Dominick Donkey
    • kwality570 (Has 6 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Buddy & Can't Put My Arms Down & Fred Clause & Belsnickel
    • Riechan (Has 3 Secret Santas) --  Sending to Frosty & Wrapping Paper
    • stellato_escuro (Has 4 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Tangled Lights & Mele Kalikimaka & Harold Angel
    • TAOJ (Has 2 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Swans A-swimming & Home Alone & Olentzero
    • Witchhippie (Has 4 Secret Santas)  --  Sending to Nutmeg Ryan & Dedo Mraz

--

All claims must be sent by Wednesday, August 1!
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: October 05, 2018 11:48:40 AM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

Living the @Lynx2Lancer life on Instagram!

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018 07:59:48 PM »

I'll be on vacation for two weeks during the swap, but I can get at least 1 claim. Hopefully more!  Adding more to my list, and getting ready to fill out my sign up.

QUESTION: Will we be allowed to start claiming participants during sign up period, or does claiming officially begin 7/1?  I know I'd be able to get more claims in if I could start as soon as I and others sign up. Thanks.
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

12 Mini Days of Christmas: Crafting!
    Holiday Tags and Gift Cards: Sent!
    STS Winter Market 2018: Claims made: 4, Claims Received: 6
    Sweat Shoppe Ornaments Round 9: Waiting for partners!
    calluna

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018 08:42:36 PM »

I'll be on vacation for two weeks during the swap, but I can get at least 1 claim. Hopefully more!  Adding more to my list, and getting ready to fill out my sign up.

QUESTION: Will we be allowed to start claiming participants during sign up period, or does claiming officially begin 7/1?  I know I'd be able to get more claims in if I could start as soon as I and others sign up. Thanks.

Yes! As soon as you're approved you can claim someone. So in effect, the claiming period runs 6/15 through 7/31.
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018 05:29:06 AM »

SO IN!  Just sent in my Q.  I honestly think this is my new favorite swap format.
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

thanate

wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

writer/crafter/naturalist, mother, Team Oak Tree

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018 08:52:15 AM »

Hi-- I'm Ann, writer/crafter/naturalist by inclination & counting the days until my extrovert 5yo starts kindergarten in the fall.  We're in Maryland (USA).  Allergic to tobacco, so nothing unwashable from a home with smokers, please!

Favorite household things include nature (gardening/animals/habitat...), fantastical animals, books, dolls, & science.  I like most colors but am especially fond of greens & earth tones; my child prefers pink, yellow, red, & floral.  

We prefer recycled content and/or thrifted supplies if you've got them!

Scheduling note: We will be out of town & offline for two weeks beginning July 27, so be aware I won't be able to confirm delivery of any packages from when we leave until we get home.

Wishlist:

Swap pinterest board!  Anything on here is fair game, please read any comments:
    https://www.pinterest.com/interfacemasque/swap-ideas/

etsy supplies list: https://www.etsy.com/people/thanate/favorites/supplies?ref=favs_index_2 (either bought or crafted by you is fine!)

(also gift certificates for Urban Threads, Embroidery Library, or Etsy would support my machine embroidery pattern habit...)

Garden stuff:

*Roosting boxes for songbirds to hang out in in the winter (guidelines: https://www.allaboutbirds.org/attract-birds-with-roost-boxes/)

*a toad house

*skeletal or otherwise fun yard flamingos.  (my child has a pink one that migrates around the yard & gets fed grass, but I'm sure it would like friends!)

*fun yard ornaments, preferably that won't drop toxic or plastic bits as they eventually fall apart. (some ideas on pinterest, no gnomes or red polkadot mushrooms)

Kid things:

*Doll clothes!  Anything kid-friendly; we have various barbie-sized dolls, several baby dolls, a My Friend Jenny, & a herd of MLP (mostly second gen-- the ones with the magnet feet) all of whom would love more things to wear or play with or go camping in, etc.

*craft kits (bought or made!) or simple building kits suitable for a 5yo: anything from the super fancy to a bunch of colored popsicle sticks with velcro dots on the ends.  Bonus points for something that can live in its own little bag or box & travel easily.  Extra bonus points if I don't have to read instructions for my slightly-pre-literate child.

*glamorous small-child-appropriate costume jewelry or flowered headbands.  We have entered the Princess Phase.

*sturdy lampworked or chunky glass beads suitable for viking jewelry. (examples: like this or these)

Me things:
    *something with Paleoart (see pin board: https://www.pinterest.com/interfacemasque/doggerland-paleoart/)

*UNSCENTED eco-friendly candles.  (soy wax, beeswax, recycled parafin) or soy/beeswax to make my own.

*Oak leaf accessories-- there are a bunch on pinterest.  I can't wear earrings, but other jewelry or things on bobby pins/just with jump rings to attach to something is great.  Favorite oak is Quercus Alba (white oak-- rounded leaf tips, uneven lobes)

*Currently quite taken with fancy-headed bobby pins (there are kind of a lot on my pinterest)

*pencil pouches in fun fabrics/designs

*a tabletop zen garden with one of those mini rakes, & maybe also a lid would be nice.

*fun machine embroidery threads <3
    « Last Edit: July 12, 2018 09:24:07 AM by thanate » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happy October!

"And the Moral of Pierre is: Care"-Maurice Sendak

50 things in 2018
    Read more!(sometimes I write stuff)
    greybird

<3 birds, glitter, sparkles <3

dreaming of fall

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018 10:07:27 AM »

Hi, I live in Florida in the USA. Thank you in advance for crafting for me! Smiley

allergies:
    Scents/perfumes and cigarette smoke give me migraines. Sad
    I am fairly certain I am allergic to mohairit feels like glass on my skin. Sad

silvery grey, mint aqua, black, silver, cooler jewel tone colors like darker shades of greens, sapphire blues, purples
    glittery/sparkly/shiny things
    In jewelry I prefer silver over gold color. I like longer necklaces (22" to 24"), lapis lazuli
    birds, chickens (prefer hens over roosters), chubby song birds, ravens, crows
    velvet, natural dyed yarns
    Examples of things I like can be seen on this board:  https://www.pinterest.com/craftybirdy/likes-fabrics-yarn-colors/

dislikes:  
    sky blue, orange, yellow, neon colors, pink
    lace, hounds-tooth print, country themes, animal prints (cheetah, zebra etc), creepy (skulls etc.), Santa
    candles, scented items

Pinterest
    Anything on any of my "Wishes" board sections:  
    https://www.pinterest.com/craftybirdy/wishes/

Crafts
    ** = duplicates wishes fulfilled would be fine!  Smiley

decorated matchbox filled with whimsies **

macaron coin purse ** - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/249879479301313753/  

crazy quilted something ** -- maybe a zipper pouch or purse.  Examples of the style of crazy quilting I love:  
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/249879479301102366/
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/249879479301102367/

zip pouches ** - always need more of these, various sizes

coasters ** -- In greys & white/cream.   https://www.pinterest.com/pin/249879479310092483/

Star stitch crochet pouches ** - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/249879479307060977/

Resin flower necklace ** -- something like this one: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/249879479297934626/

resin pendant ** - (no bugs please!) Anything pretty you think I might like (i.e. glitter, shiny crystal beads, tiny crystals etc.)

beaded bird like this one **: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/249879479297782479/ -- there are many more on pinterest

Bead and Wire Cross wall hanging These colors are great!
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/249879479296764748/

crochet/knit pumpkins ** - some patterns I like:  
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pumpkin-22
    http://janenerenee.typepad.com/expressyourself/2007/09/crochet-pumpkin.html
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/autumn-pumpkins

Supplies

Used supplies are fine! Smiley Duplicates of all these are fine!  Smiley  Supply only packages are great too! Cheesy
    You can find examples for most of these items on my Wishes board (supplies sections).
    https://www.pinterest.com/craftybirdy/wishes/

jar of whimsies (plastic jar is fine since glass is heavy to ship and might break)
    glow in the dark seed beads
    glow in the dark acrylic paint
    glow in the dark duck tape
    Sterling Silver jewelry findings
    swarovski bicone beads - various colors, various sizes (like 4mm to 8mm)
    gemstone beads - prefer faceted in these shapes: round, rondelles
    fancy fabrics - velvets, silks, brocades - even scraps are great!
    copic markers - even just a couple so I can try them

other/extras
    postcards
    « Last Edit: June 28, 2018 07:04:13 PM by greybird » THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018 12:27:24 PM »

Hi!  Im Alicia! Im a polymer chemist currently living in Pittsburgh, PA.  I live with my husband (as of April 28, so it's still exciting to say Cheesy) and our two cats.  

Likes:  lots of color! (especially teal), argyle, chemistry, repurposing, wolves, daffodils, video games (especially Luigi and Pokemon), fantasy characters

Dislikes:  Super pink and cutesy or death/goth things.  Also, the color orange (its fine in small amounts, just dont generally like it as the main color).

No allergies here!

Crafts

Anything from my pinterest would be loved. Crafts for DJ is the board for my husband - he has gotten some great things from Craftster in the past, and theyre always appreciated!

Homemade lotions/body butters- I have eczema, so anything with dry skin love would be great (please no soap though, full up on that at the moment!).  

Alice in Wonderland themed kitchen towels or potholders.

Resin pendants - no bugs, but just about anything else that Ive seen put in resin would be cool.  Magnets or pins would work too, instead of a pendant.

Pajamas!  I could use:
    Flannel PJ pants - plaid would be extra awesome, and Id prefer drawstring over elastic waist.
    Sleep shirts - all cotton if possible
    A short sleeve robe - cotton again or something silky

Hip bag (the kind without the lower leg strap) - examples on pinterest

Polymer clay food charms - I think these are absolutely adorable.

Interesting minis that would fit in a 2x2 box, based on any of my themes (or what you like to make).  I have a display shelf that has a lot of these small spaces free and Id love to fill it up!

Pattern wallet for printed out knitting/crochet patterns

Goddess-themed things.  I still struggle with being a young woman in a male dominated field, and having some female figures to meditate on helps me out with that.

Small cards to send with swap packages

Craft Supplies -

My current craft of the moment is real art, which I never learned in school because I was taking so many science classes!
    -Tube watercolor paints
    -Decent paint brushes
    -Mixed media or watercolor paper - books or loose.  Half used sketchbooks are fine!
    -Soft pastels
    -Cool acrylic grounds/texture pastes
    -Small cheap sketchbook for my purse (or some kind of sketchbook tin, even, so I can keep the pencil and eraser with it?)

Any kind of mixed media supplies: stamps, stencils, embellishments

Wonder clips

Safety eyes/noses for making amigurumi!

Any garment sewing magazines, especially Threads and BurdaStyle/Burda World of Fashion - dont have to be current

Iron on interfacing - knit or woven.  Anything from featherweight all the way up to Peltex.  I probably use Pellon SF101 the most.

Purse hardware:  Purse feet, square connector rings, swivel hooks, unique zippers, turn locks

Fiber for spinning

Thanks so much if you decide to choose me!
    « Last Edit: June 18, 2018 03:57:51 AM by fishstix43 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
    Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Jump to page:
      Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
    only results with images
    include swap threads
    advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
    @Home This Weekend: Plastic Bottle Lanterns
    October 17, 2018 Featured Projects
    Tute Tuesday: Magic Wands

Support Craftster
    Become a
    Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
    Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
    Moderators

Follow Craftster...