A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 321,379
Currently Running With Scissors:
117 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craftivism Opportunity  (Read 253 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

fatewineroses
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: June 12, 2018 03:29:54 PM »

Hi Everyone!

I saw this on IG and thought it was right up our alley! So I wanted to post it here for ya'll. I haven't put anything together yet, but have been contemplating what I might do.

BadassHERstory

A massive global craftivism project meant to capture and share the stories of as many women, female-identified, and gender non-binary humans as possible - told by the person who knows your story best YOU.

Im asking you to create a 12 inch x 12 inch square of fabric (with an additional 1 margin around the piece) that tells the world your story. You can embroider it, sew it, quilt it, felt it, weave it, knit it, play with mixed media; whatever you want so long as its on fabric of some sort. As we amass huge quantities, I will build a team and we will create large-scale 3-D structures, stitch your stories together, and use them to skin these structures, creating a massive installation! Thats the analog artifact. There will also be an online gallery and every piece will be displayed along with as much info as you want to share about yourself and your story. That will be the digital artifact. (Hit me up if you are into the idea of joining the building team).

This site will grow as the project grows. I am counting on you to tell me what you want and need and help shape the project as we progress. Right now the important part is that you get excited about this and start recruiting!!!

Speaking of recruitingwhile the artistic outcomes of the project are incredibly valuable, the MOST valuable part of this project will be the connections you all make with each other and the actions you take as a result. I want this project to be about community coming together to not only work on your pieces in traditional stitching bee style but also to plot, plan, and mobilize on the issues that you believe need changing in your community.

This is as much about growing a squad and mobilizing as it is about creating art together.

Im here for you if you need additional support, resources, or if have any questions. Im in this with you and for you. So what do you say??? Are you in? I believe in us!

Lets make HERstory together!

MODS: Maybe we need a "Craftivism" under the "Crafting for Good and not Evil" board? This is the second time I have put something up. And there are more opportunities out there that are not necessarily for "charity" so to speak.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018 08:30:06 AM »

Cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
jellybean89

Ravenclaw :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018 12:02:19 PM »

I love this! I want to make something for it, but I'm having a hard time deciding what to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Happy Hobbit Day!
@Home This Weekend: Garden Painting
September 19, 2018 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...