A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 321,374
Currently Running With Scissors:
198 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Back yard garden is finally complete!  (Read 866 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018 05:25:40 AM »

I added some one month photos to the first post. Things have gotten VERY GREEN, wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I AM IN NEED OF GIRAFFE ITEMS!
70 giraffe gifts for mom's 70th this December, party decorations too. Please message me if you can help, thanks Smiley.

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
BeaG

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018 07:36:17 AM »

Oh, your plants are growing well!
So beautiful green.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2018 10:28:36 AM »

WOW! So lush! So verdant! So plentiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy: http://suddenlytaxidermy.blogspot.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/themistresst
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleOffPlumb

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 66
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018 08:16:24 AM »

First big harvest of the year! Watercress, parsley, lemon sorrel, red and green kale and all sorts of lettuces, whoo. I've been round to the neighbours to pawn some off on them and a few friends are coming by today to take more off my hands. It's not possible to eat it up ourselves, we'd need another fridge to store it even if we could devour all those greens. I've got to learn how to stagger the planting, I'm working on the plan for next year.

The kids and I have been out there for hours already today picking, cleaning, rinsing everything in iodine solution then clear water. It's ready to eat, I know what we're having for lunch!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018 12:08:36 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

70 giraffe gifts for mom's 70th this December, party decorations too. Please message me if you can help, thanks Smiley.

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2018 06:16:34 AM »

The kids and I have been weeding the very back of the yard where we removed a small shed, brick path, rock path, and are taking out some railway ties. I finally got my part completed and you know what I found? Nearly TWENTY rogue tomato seedlings! They are all quite small still but this is about the time we went away last year for 2 weeks and when we came back things had quadrupled in size so I have hope for those little sprouts. We're not doing anything with that part of the yard until we save up to build a deck, hopefully next year, so they have free reign to create a tomato jungle, mwah ha ha!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018 07:11:32 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2018 06:06:29 AM »

We made the mistake of putting tomato cages around the zucchini, I didn't know they would grow so enormous and want to spread out so very, very much. As a result there were a few zuccs hidden in the bunched up branches that we never even noticed until 2 days ago.

Of course I had to make zucchini bread! The smaller loaves are banana, one gluten free for my sweetie.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018 12:06:58 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiFi Mom

I own too many beads!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2018 09:38:57 AM »

You have made a beautiful yard. I'm jealous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiFi Mom, aka Nancy
Crafting is my mental therapy!
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2018 02:28:30 PM »

Aw, don't be jelly. Come by, there's enough to share. Just look at the monster tomatoes we're getting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

I'm so squishy!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2018 08:48:09 AM »

That is definitely NOT a tomato!!!!!  Shocked  That is a pumpkin shaped gourd!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  (jk, I know it's a tomato)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2018 11:38:26 AM »

I've been delivering little baskets and bags of stuff all over the neighbourhood, when it starts coming in you gotta be ready to either can it or share it! That tomato though, oh boy...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Happy Hobbit Day!
@Home This Weekend: Garden Painting
September 19, 2018 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...