A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,842
Currently Running With Scissors:
273 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Meet Delirium ~ Custom American Girl Doll  (Read 1306 times)
Tags for this thread: custom_doll , american_girl_doll  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
TrickyMcVomit
« on: May 27, 2018 07:05:22 PM »

I haven't posted in such a long time, but I am just head over heals in love with this little girl. I just HAD to show her off <3

When I was a kid, Santa brought me 2 American Girl Dolls. I got Kirsten Larson and one with blonde hair and brown eyes just like me. Unfortunately, spending twenty years living in my Mom's attic, caused each of them to lose pigmentation in one eye.

It turns out that the American Girl company considers this 1990s "silver eye" to be a manufacturing defect and they will replace it for free if you send your sick doll to their "Doll Hospital". I was going to send both, but I ended up only sending the one that looks like me and decided to give Kirsten (the one with the pigtails) a makeover. Besides her silver eye, I had also cut her hair wonky when I was a kid....the glue on her wig was also giving up, so I decided she would be the one I would try my hand at revamping. I settled on the character "Delirium" of the Endless from the Sandman comics. She is one of my favorite characters anywhere. Her hair and clothing change constantly. The only thing that is constant about her is her mismatched eyes.

I ended up destroying her original eyes in the process and then had a hard time putting the new ones in, so I had to take a short cut which cost her her eyelashes and her classic American Girl sleepy eyes. I cut and styled her new wig by braiding and boiling it. Using youtube tutorials, I flocked her shaved half so it's realistic lol. Her fishie base was a Littlest Pet Shop angel fish and her dog, Barnabas is a German Shepherd Funko Pop. I wanted to get a plush dog, but the vinyl allowed me to have complete control over his gray markings. Her clothes are store bought, but her fishnet catsuit was a single thigh high fishnet stocking that I cut and hand sewed onto her body

THIS ROCKS   Logged
RedheadWithThread
Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018 12:10:07 AM »

I don't know the character but I am in LOVE! She is absolutely gorgeous! I've not seen a lot of American Girl customs (and understand they can be expensive) but she's my new fave!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018 10:27:46 AM »

Wow, that's amazing. I was a little wee bit distracted by Pee Wee and his wagon but your girl steals the show for sure. Nicely done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKERS GONNA MAKE, YO!

Craftster member 2006-2020 #CraftsterFriendsForver #craftyfriendsforever

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
Patraw

C'mon, pegasister, quit foaling around!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018 08:45:01 AM »

I'm familiar with DC's Sandman, but only him and his sister, Death, so, I'd never heard of Delirium until now.

Awesome custom doll!  I love her wild hair and that floating fish.  I'd never have guessed that this was originally an American Girl doll if you hadn't told us.  She reminds me strongly of Cyndi Lauper as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018 01:44:58 PM »

truly love this custom.  spot on delirium!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pathfindergarou
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019 07:20:19 AM »

She's absolutely perfect!! I love Sandman and this doll came out fantastic!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catlion
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019 11:09:19 AM »

Omg I am completely in love with her!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pioneer9
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019 03:26:45 PM »

Very impressive! Wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...