A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 321,361
Currently Running With Scissors:
220 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Carved Haircombs  (Read 517 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

pinokeeo

You cannot master what you will not try

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2018 08:20:16 PM »

I finally let my hair grow out again, and it's quite long so it's always into things.  I needed a way to keep it up out of the way when I'm working, so I made some haircombs for myself.

The wavy piece in the middle is because my hair is very fine and won't behave.  This works for me.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back...after a long hiatus.

Hoping to get caught up again.
Patraw

Jkl/z.?UCIO[;Tvadd!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018 09:52:59 AM »

Pretty cool and I like the Celtic knot designs on the heads (wood-burned?)  I don't think I've ever seen your wiggly middle teeth on haircombs before, but, I can understand how that irregular shape would help keep a person's tresses in place.  My hair is only like a quarter of an inch long, so I don't have any problems keeping mine under control!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinokeeo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018 11:18:27 AM »

Pretty cool and I like the Celtic knot designs on the heads (wood-burned?)  I don't think I've ever seen your wiggly middle teeth on haircombs before, but, I can understand how that irregular shape would help keep a person's tresses in place.  My hair is only like a quarter of an inch long, so I don't have any problems keeping mine under control!  Grin

Yes, woodburned.  I haven't tried carving these yet, but soon...

I kept my hair very short, about an inch long all over for a long time.  I retired in 2015 and decided to let it grow.  It's clear down my back now.  I didn't know hair could grow so fast.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018 04:26:07 PM »

Very pretty, I like that by necessity you had to come up with a unique design. I would love to see one in your hair Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I AM IN NEED OF GIRAFFE ITEMS!
70 giraffe gifts for mom's 70th this December, party decorations too. Please message me if you can help, thanks Smiley.

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
TansysMaySigh
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018 06:26:00 AM »

These are lovely! How do you use them? Ive been thinking lately that I need to get/make a comb (for hair combing) instead of using the cheap plastic ones I always end up with so these are very inspiring.
Do you cut them with a machine?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018 11:28:51 AM »

These are lovely! How do you use them? Ive been thinking lately that I need to get/make a comb (for hair combing) instead of using the cheap plastic ones I always end up with so these are very inspiring.
Do you cut them with a machine?

I do the basic blanks on a bandsaw, then carve from there.

As for using them, jus twist your hair up onto your head and use them just like chopsticks or regular plastic combs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
September 19, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Color Splash Feathers
Everybody Poops.

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...