A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
235 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: LGBT+ swap  (Read 1558 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
cmarion3
Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2018 11:18:28 AM »

It's so hard getting swap items and then not being able to post!

And fatewineroses, that started out as a small and then, well, sort of took over. So don't feel bad, it wasn't my fault!!!!
The tatoos and umbrellas were languishing in one of my stuff drawers, they just seemed too much fun to leave out!

But fatewineroses did send chocolate....so we are even.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Must craft....must craft.....
cmarion3
Earth Crone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2018 11:25:54 AM »

Test post for links to pictures. Give this a whirl. Fatewineroses sent me this patch. Hand embroidered and all! And unfortunately, the chocolate is all gone. We went with a small swap and this is perfect for my next protest/march!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4hAMibgvC8Yj2MMo1

https://photos.app.goo.gl/crHMB1FajPE3HFh23
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fatewineroses
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018 10:09:33 AM »

I've been checking every day to see when it all worked again. I am hoping today is the day!
Well, I couldn't get them to upload on Craftster, but I was able to get flickr to work. (Thank you CLM!!)

You might have read above that Cmarion had a project that kind of got away from her! I was lucky to have read that; otherwise I would have been very confused at the box I received.  Huh I mean, I sent an ENVELOPE!  Shocked I opened the box to this rainbow-y goodness! On the sides I could see drink umbrellas and little boxes of temporary tattoos!
IMG_0791 by Fate Roses, on Flickr

I unrolled everything and these three beauties fell out. I should have gotten a photo of the other sides too. They are so cute!
IMG_0792 by Fate Roses, on Flickr

And finally I unrolled this. I really was flabbergasted. She told me I could use it as a mug rug, a wall hanging or a large prayer flag.  Cheesy I picked wall hanging. I'm starting a new job next month and I might hang it in my area. For now it is hanging with my race bling. If you look closely, you can see the bead swirl details. There is so much going on in this piece that every time I look at it, I see new things.
IMG_0793 by Fate Roses, on Flickr

Thank you SO much Carol. I am not worthy! It is a fabulous piece and I am honored to have it be mine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2018 10:17:44 AM »

Oh. My. Gawrsh. That is the most beautiful thing! Holee macaroni, what a show stopper!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
cmarion3
Earth Crone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2018 05:44:19 AM »

Well what can you do with that box of tiny scraps? I saw this on pinterest some wher and it just grabbed me. I drew the heart in a piece of  backing fabic, then started laying down the colors. I worked color by color, scribble stitching it down with my sewing machine. Then on to the next. Unfortunately I hardly diminished my stash. After the front was done I quilted it up with a standard quilt sandwich and more stitching. Fun.

I am so happy it has gone to a good home to spread more love and acceptance.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

curiousfae

mecca-lecca-hi mecca-hiney-ho!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2018 01:51:30 PM »

Such great stuff so far ya'll! The bags, and mug rugs and prayer flags. SO GOOD!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018 01:02:56 PM »

Had to stop in to say STUNNING quilt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2018 08:16:03 PM »

I keep checking the gallery to see the rest of the goodies but alas, the photo hosting is still on the fritz. We have seen half the received parcels so far, I am very excited for the rest! Just to let you know, I have been using flickr to post my photos during this time. I will transfer everything here when it's all mended but in the meantime that has been working great for me (& it's free!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
PhoenixWolf
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018 06:29:04 PM »

I might try Flickr or another site tomorrow to upload a pic of what gala_apples sent me. But in the meantime, here is a pic of what I sent her. It's the asexual pride flag as the background.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gender pronouns: they/them/theirs
Pinterest
Harry Potter Craftalong
cmarion3
Earth Crone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018 06:44:02 AM »

I am going to try again to post the wonderful patch fatewineroses sent. I love the message, it is absolutely perfect. It's ready to be attached to whatever I'm wearing to the next rally. I love it and love that she followed my request for something small...because I did not honor that request in reverse. LOL. And the chocolate is long gone. Thank you fatewineroses

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes
Meal Prep Monday: Fish Tacos with Green Sauce

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...