A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,846
Currently Running With Scissors:
178 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: LGBT+ swap  (Read 1563 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
gala_apples
« on: May 20, 2018 10:16:12 AM »

sent
recieved
late with communication

gala_apples - PhoenixWolf
cmarion3 - fatewineroses
LadybugsAndBumblebees - craftylittlemonkey
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018 05:50:08 PM by gala_apples » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018 04:56:14 PM »

LadybugsAndBumblebees has received her parcel and requested I post photos for her so here goes.
Her Q listed rainbow and practical, useful items. I made a matching set with bright stripes paired with black and white patterned fabric which really makes the colours pop. I used both the right and wrong sides of the black for more and less contrast, I really liked how that made everything look similar but different.

Here's everything all together with a few extras, rainbow assortment of washi tape, 3 pre-made colourful bags I put them in, a bracelet that says "QUEEN" with a bee charm on it, and a card I made.

She had the Open Wide pouch pinned so I made one with a rainbow selection of hand dyed fabric I received from somebody here and strip pieced together. I went shopping specifically for a purple zipper in that size, then when I had it all put together I thought it could have looked just as good with a black one, lol.

It's lined with Mary Engelbrite fabric that says "There is no key to happiness, the door is always open" which I really liked. I also added an internal zippered pocket.

Here is a matching covered journal with rainbow ribbon place markers.

The inside.

There's a pen holder that functions as an elastic band to hold the journal closed if it gets stuffed with papers etc.

Tissue cosy and key fob.

Everything is stitched with this variagated rainbow thread I have a big spool of and just love, it has great colour changes.

I wrapped it all in rainbow tissue, stickers and washi. Then I remembered parts for the two largest parcels and had to unwrap those so I couldn't send those awesome glittery rainbow stickers, boo. That's what I get for being too excited. I rewrapped them with different butterflies anyhow.

I hope you liked everything and can make use of it LB&BB.

This was a fun swap! I had so many ideas and could have gone on making right to the send out date but I wanted to send early enough that it arrived on time. Often the post across the border is slow but not this time!
Can't wait to see what you guys all make for each other! My parcel should be here soon, so exciting Smiley.
Thanks gala_apples for organizing.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018 05:00:12 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
cmarion3
Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018 05:12:23 AM »

Wooo amazing stash! LadybugsAndBumblebees, you are rainbow ready now!

craftylittlemonkey you outdid yourself. Wonderful items. so rainbowlishous.

My partner and I went for a small swap and I am ready to send. Fun times in LBGT+ land.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Must craft....must craft.....
fatewineroses
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018 11:31:28 AM »

Wow CLM. That's all amazing. L&L is a lucky lucky Craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018 02:38:57 PM »

I got spoiled too!

The coolest card and envelop, a keychain that says "Be Kind", rainbow stickers and washi tape.

Prayer flag with fringed edges "Love For All, All For Love".

This nifty covered ring with a heart floating in the middle. The strings holding the heart are so fine it actually does look like it's floating there.

"Love Has No Limits" TM patch/book mark, the heart is embellished with the teensiest sparkly seed beads.

Love Is Love TM patch style decorative ornament with Hope and a fancy heart embellishments.

Mug rug that MistressJennie sent her in a swap another time, she stitched around the edge to add her own flair.

This hilarious kid complaints fabric that I am totally going to use on something for myself, ha ha ha, it's SO funny!

Nifty giant pencil that draws in multicolours at once.

Everything is fab. Thanks too gala-apples for organizing this swap. Any chance for more rainbow crafts sounds great to me!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018 02:40:24 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
gala_apples
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018 09:38:28 AM »

CLM, I really like the stripy drawstring bags. I've made larger ones, but none that small.

LBABB, I recognise the fabric from the ornament from a queer TM Patch you sent me  Cheesy I like the love has no limits patch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
LadybugsAndBumblebees

I'm so squishy!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018 03:01:16 PM »

gala_apples, it is indeed the same rainbow fabric!  So funny you noticed!   Cheesy

I loved the quotes I found while researching ones that were short and easy enough for me to embroider onto the items. 

The last little hanging decoration says: (heart) love = love (heart).  I was afraid that it might get missed with all the other embellishment on it.

I love the rainbow-y goodness I received from craftylittlemonkey!  I really couldn't post about it till now, b/c it took THIS LONG for DH to get the laptop up and running so I could use it.  Still no photo hosting program yet, so I can't post photos.

I love all the washii tape CLM sent me-we were on the same wavelength about that!  And thank you for pointing out the bracelet...I missed it...thought you just sent me and extra empty bag...which would have been cool b/c I really like the bags...but having an extra goodie is better! Cheesy  I am extremely jealous of CLM's sewing abilities...the pouch she sent me is gorgeous!!!!!!  And thank you CLM for posting what the fabric on the inside said-I even turned the pouch inside out to see and I must be blind.  All the butterfly stickers that you put on the wrapped items, I saved to use for ATC's.  I cut the front off the card (so beautiful) to use as a notecard.  Everything was just awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
ETSY SHOP: www.etsy.com/shop/LadybuggirlCrafts
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

Too blessed to be stressed! Smiley
cmarion3
Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018 10:41:29 AM »

Love it all, but really like the mug rug. What is it about rainbow stuff that is so fun?

fatewinerose and I chose to do just a small item for the swap. I got a little carried away with creating a bit larger item, but it wouldn't let me go any smaller. I hope she is pleased with it.

fatewinerose sent a wonderful patch for my next march. I like to pin flags and sayings to whatever I'm wearing that day. Saves carrying a sign. It is hand embroidered with a really fun rainbow border. Oh, and she sent chocolate too! Intense Dark, my fav.

ARRGH. Cannot upload files. I'll upload later.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Must craft....must craft.....
PhoenixWolf
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018 12:55:08 PM »

I have received my swap package from our lovely organizer @gala_apples. I absolutely love it!!!

For the main item, there's a wonderful subversive & snarky hoopla. I love the subtle trans pride colors with the background fabric. Then there's the cutest trans pride necklace made from some form of clay. It's got a cool texture and fidget-possibilities + seems durable. Might make it into a pin though.

What techniques were used to achieve the spirals on the card? Also the little apples are a sweet touch.

Link to the image, note swearing is present. So this would be considered a mature image by Craftster guidelines.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1knQKJ5QEtCjj1AkO014YFdfdhtBnJ1iB/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018 04:07:56 PM by PhoenixWolf » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gender pronouns: they/them/theirs
Pinterest
Harry Potter Craftalong
fatewineroses
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018 10:48:29 AM »

Seems the photo system is still experiencing difficulties. I was able to pick up from my PO box finally on Sunday and received the most wonderful wall hanging from cmarion. She seems to be confused though..as we both signed for a small swap and this was definitely large! I am SO not worthy, but know how sometimes it just works out that way. Swapping karma and all that stuff, ya' know.  Grin Thank you so much cmarion, for the beautiful, fabulous, wonderful wall hanging. I already have it up in a temporary spot until I can find the perfect spot.

She also sent some cute temporary tattoos and drink umbrellas in rainbow colors! Hopefully I get the chance to return the favor in the next swap we partner in!

And many thanks to Gala for hosting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Smoked Salmon Fettuccine
@Home This Weekend: Upgrade Your Kitchen
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...